• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Costco in Chantilly

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

arrron wrote:
...SNIP

Dear nightmares of shaniqua,

please do your research before toting around a potentially dangerous sidearm

Humm ... So Arrron, what kind of firearm do you carry? An what state are you posting from? It might help all of us understand your position to know this.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
arrron wrote:
...SNIP

Humm ... So Arrron, what kind of firearm do you carry? An what state are you posting from? It might help all of us understand your position to know this.
Yeah I don't get his drift, either. I don't see where Nightmare did anything irresponsible in nature. Maybe we should carry brooms instead of firearms.

carbon

Banned
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Ok everybody take a deep cleansing breath and repeat after me... All together now...

I will not shop at Costco I will only shop at BJ's and Sam Club.
I will not shop at Costco I will only shop at BJ's and Sam Club....
They sell scotch at Sam's Club? :):p
wow responsible firearm carriers never ever mention alcohol and guns in the same sentence

carbon

Banned
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
arrron wrote:
...SNIP

XD .40. Va. Conceal carry permit and frequent open carrier. seriously i would like to thank you for atleast making an effort at trying to know me.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

arrron wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
arrron wrote:
...SNIP

XD .40. Va. Conceal carry permit and frequent open carrier. seriously i would like to thank you for atleast making an effort at trying to know me.
Maybe if you made constructive posts instead of snide remarks, and got to know people on the board before you smart off you might earn a rep other than TROLL.:banghead:

carbon

Banned
imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
arrron wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
arrron wrote:
...SNIP

Maybe if you made constructive posts instead of snide remarks, and got to know people on the board before you smart off you might earn a rep other than TROLL.:banghead:

Definition of snide is derogatory in a nasty insinuating manner. So snide remarks is your opinion of which i diagree! and i dont opologize for that.

None of my posts have been constructive? Are you refering to just some of them?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

arrron wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
arrron wrote:
...SNIP

Look, I can see you are upset at some of the responses you have gotten from people. I think positive engagement is useful, and certainly getting to know something about someone who may possibly have something to contribute is always wise.

Recently there have been a number of people signing up and posting a lot of negative stuff and then they are gone. Some of the members who have been here a while are getting a little "testy" about that and they may not have been as welcoming as they would under other circumstances.

At the risk of upsetting you, lashing back is just making it harder for people to accept you. When I asked you a question you responded civilly, with reasonable answers and without any sarcasm. That is all anyone is expecting. Assuming your contributions are positive, after you have been here a while people will warm up. That does not mean you have to agree all the time but as you know there are ways to make your point and then there are ways to have your point get lost in the noise.

All I am suggesting is that you might consider going a little slower and providing more insight and depth in your posts. I am not criticizing you so please don't take it personally, I am just pointing out my observations.

In any case welcome to the forum.

bohdi

imported post

arrron - it also helps if you know what the laws are for the state. There was a recent blow up on this site regarding what is legal, and what in alot of posters opinions- mine included - should or shouldn't be done. The same can be said about alcohol.

In VA, it's legal to be open carrying and consume as long as you stay under the legal limit. I'm not saying that makes a good public relations image for folks trying to promote open carry. I am saying it is legal. Discussing alcohol on this board has merit, and if it's something that really get's your goat, I would kindly suggest you start your own thread about it.

So let's keep the focus on Costco, which is of course, still anti-gun, incase anyone lost sight of that :lol:

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

arrron wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

Wait... Do my research... And potentially dangerous sidearm. This is almost too easy to completely pick apart. However...

My Kimber 1911 was carried in a SERPA CQC Blackhawk! holster attached via paddle. It was firmly on my side, with nothing touching it, other than my jacket lightly resting against where it meets my belt. It was carried condition 1. I have well over 2000 rounds through the firearm since its purchase last February. So, how is my firearm potentially dangerous? Maybe if I was waving it around with the safety off and finger inside the trigger guard, I could understand where you are coming from. I might not be a longtime carrier, but I still have enough common sense to know what a firearm is capable of.

As for research. The several other reports from members that OC regularly in other area Costcos isnt enough research? Granted, I could have looked up Costco in Chantilly specifically using our forum search tool, but I dont think it would have yielded me helpful information. My frequent un-eventful carries in the Costco in Manassas was what I was basing my trip into Chantilly on.

So, if you could offer anything more than a remark, that we have classified as snide, I dont really think you should post in here. Maybe a link to something, a picture, or news report would spice up and give some real substance to your post. Otherwise you have only made people look sideways at you and given off the air of not being very friendly. We are all adults here, and in this forum because of a common uniting feature. So if someone asks for help, we are here to offer it. Not to act superior and condescending when someone has a negative experience.

SouthernBoy

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
arrron wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

Wait... Do my research... And potentially dangerous sidearm. This is almost too easy to completely pick apart. However...

My Kimber 1911 was carried in a SERPA CQC Blackhawk! holster attached via paddle. It was firmly on my side, with nothing touching it, other than my jacket lightly resting against where it meets my belt. It was carried condition 1. I have well over 2000 rounds through the firearm since its purchase last February. So, how is my firearm potentially dangerous? Maybe if I was waving it around with the safety off and finger inside the trigger guard, I could understand where you are coming from. I might not be a longtime carrier, but I still have enough common sense to know what a firearm is capable of.

As for research. The several other reports from members that OC regularly in other area Costcos isnt enough research? Granted, I could have looked up Costco in Chantilly specifically using our forum search tool, but I dont think it would have yielded me helpful information. My frequent un-eventful carries in the Costco in Manassas was what I was basing my trip into Chantilly on.

So, if you could offer anything more than a remark, that we have classified as snide, I dont really think you should post in here. Maybe a link to something, a picture, or news report would spice up and give some real substance to your post. Otherwise you have only made people look sideways at you and given off the air of not being very friendly. We are all adults here, and in this forum because of a common uniting feature. So if someone asks for help, we are here to offer it. Not to act superior and condescending when someone has a negative experience.
Evenin' Nightmare. I was just in the Manassas Costco late this morning eating a hot dog with my Glock 23 in full view. Not a :what:eek:r a :cry: or even a :cuss:. All was well as has been my experience each and every time I have OC'd at that store. And to top it off, I was joined by another customer who was in line for a dog, too. We just sorta started talking and it continued as we enjoyed our dogs.

A non-event except.

bohdi

imported post

You know SouthernB - maybe it's just all the stuck up sticky beats up here. Soccer mom's and all.....Little Billy is going to turn into a mass murderer just breathing the same air as you ignant hicks wearing guns.... :) Or the one I like best - I wish it was more like home down here....

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
arrron wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

Evenin' Nightmare. I was just in the Manassas Costco late this morning eating a hot dog with my Glock 23 in full view. Not a :what:eek:r a :cry: or even a :cuss:. All was well as has been my experience each and every time I have OC'd at that store. And to top it off, I was joined by another customer who was in line for a dog, too. We just sorta started talking and it continued as we enjoyed our dogs.

A non-event except.
Manassas will continue to receive my patronage because they either dont care about our firearms or they support it. Either way, its much more positive than the Chantilly location.

Hows it goin buddy? We need to get together for lunch or breakfast again soon.

bohdi wrote:
You know SouthernB - maybe it's just all the stuck up sticky beats up here. Soccer mom's and all.....Little Billy is going to turn into a mass murderer just breathing the same air as you ignant hicks wearing guns.... :) Or the one I like best - I wish it was more like home down here....
Clearly all us packin heat are more than ready and willing to snap and take out that first full line so we dont have wait in Costco... Just the mentality antis have is insane. But we already know that

SouthernBoy

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
arrron wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

A non-event except.
Manassas will continue to receive my patronage because they either dont care about our firearms or they support it. Either way, its much more positive than the Chantilly location.

Hows it goin buddy? We need to get together for lunch or breakfast again soon.

bohdi wrote:
Clearly all us packin heat are more than ready and willing to snap and take out that first full line so we dont have wait in Costco... Just the mentality antis have is insane. But we already know that
Yeah, we can do that.

What was interesting about the gentleman who sat with me as I ate my hot dog was the fact that he liked Obama. He clearly saw my Glock, but said nothing and didn't show any thing out of the ordinary. It's just that he was 71 years old and he liked this guy in the white house. We hardly talked at all about politics - just about where we went to school and the area in general (we are both natives).

Now as far as snapping and going nuts.... wouldn't the anti's love for that to happen?

SouthernBoy

imported post

bohdi wrote:
But Centreville and Chantilly are just up the road. How can it be that the wine sippers and cheese eaters proliferate those areas so much then seem to draw a line at Compton Road?

bohdi

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
bohdi wrote:
But Centreville and Chantilly are just up the road. How can it be that the wine sippers and cheese eaters proliferate those areas so much then seem to draw a line at Compton Road?
Got me man. I don't know how to quantify/qualify it any other way. I mean, look at Saslaw. The closer to the river you get the more your brain gets scrambled. Must be the water? :)

SouthernBoy

imported post

bohdi wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
bohdi wrote:
Got me man. I don't know how to quantify/qualify it any other way. I mean, look at Saslaw. The closer to the river you get the more your brain gets scrambled. Must be the water? :)
Could be. Because on the other side of that water is God-forsaken Montgomery County.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

arrron wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Ok everybody take a deep cleansing breath and repeat after me... All together now...

I will not shop at Costco I will only shop at BJ's and Sam Club....
They sell scotch at Sam's Club?  :):p
wow responsible firearm carriers never ever mention alcohol and guns in the same sentence
gtfo

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AEubanks wrote:
Reading through posts like this just reminds me why I love this group... Not only is it a group of people who all share a bong...
wow responsible gun owners never ever mentions bongs and guns in the same sentence