• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Walla Walla Valley

Chris.R.Anderson

imported post

Greeting OCDO community! I am a new member and I just wanted to start up a thread to record our experiences, good and bad, for OC & CC in Walla Walla and the surrounding area.

Where have you had trouble?

Where have you been welcomed?

How do the LEOs around here react?

Let us know!

Just a note about myself, I just purchased my first carry weapon, a Glock 19, and it will be arriving this next week. I plan to mostly OC, and CC when necessary, but I am a little nervous about the reactions I might get.

Wish me luck, and I am glad I found this community, I love the posts here!

CRA

ETA: Got a G22 locally instead since the G19 order fell through.

Last edited:

Stretch

imported post

Welcome!

I'm excited to know how your OC goes in Walla[sup]2 [/sup], I have some family that lives out there and have yet to OC in town yet.

Best of luck.

Chris.R.Anderson

imported post

I will make sure to post my experiences, as I have them, with local establishments. Let's see how they react. I will make sure to try Sharie's since they have been good in other places from what I see here on OCDO.

Anyone who has had good or bad experiences with any local businesses, please post here so we can get a OC friendly map of our little area here in the corner of Washington :p

CRA

Chris.R.Anderson

imported post

Does anyone have any input on the wisdom of carrying a Glock in Condition 1? They have 3 automatic safteys preventing accidental discharge, even if you throw it down a mountain, as long as the trigger isn't pulled.

My reasoning for not wanting to carry it in Condition 2 isdue to the large amount of noise and time involved in running the slide back to cock the weapon in a situation where you need to actually use your weapon.

CRA

neddis

imported post

Most everyone I know and have heard of carries with one in the pipe, regardless of the gun.

only exception is a friend of mine who thinks racking the slide will scare a potential assailant enough to make them go away... :banghead: Still working on that guy....

amzbrady

imported post

I just dont carry chambered cause I dont want to aireate my leg, or someone else. I need to get rid of this POS Taurus and get something with a better safety and one that holster makers make holsters specifically for.

Trigger Dr

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I just dont carry chambered cause I dont want to aireate my leg, or someone else. I need to get rid of this POS Taurus and get something with a better safety and one that holster makers make holsters specifically for.
You have 2 choices, revolver or 1911-A1

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I need to get rid of this POS Taurus and get something with a better safety and one that holster makers make holsters specifically for.
Don Hume makes holsters specifically for the Taurus Mill Pro - I had 2 of them but I sold them with the weapon when I got rid of it due to the failing safety issue.

Stretch

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
You have 2 choices, revolver or 1911-A1
Springfield XD's and a Serpa Holster too. :)

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

The last time I was in Walla Walla I went to the Blue Mountain Tavern and for those who do not know, has a Bar, Gambling Tables and a Family Dinning Area.

You will note upon entrance there are several signs prohibiting firearms that were made up by the Tavern and misquotes the RCW to prohibiting carrying firearms to include those with CPL and states you will be arrested, which is just another false statement.

The bar area is posted correctly by the Liquor Control Board and this is the only place off limits to firearms in the establishment.
The Liquor Control Board defines and approves where the signage is posted with their approved signs not the Taverns made up signs.

If you try and open carry it is of my opinion will be immediately told to leave or have Police called.

The last time I was there I carried concealed and choose not to donate my funds to support their absurd views.

Note this does not mean you will not be sent through the mill and have to fight for your rights.

Good Luck.

Chris.R.Anderson

Went to Sweet Basil Pizzeria in downtown Walla Walla yesterday afternoon with a friend. We were told to "Cover that thing up" or leave. When asked why I didn't have it covered, I said, "It's summer, it's hot!". I asked the owner if she was familiar with state law, and she said "Yes, but this is my restaurant." She said several of the usual things about how guns aren't "appropriate", or that it will bother other customers, especially ones with children (which none were present by the way...), and I didn't see that there would be any reasoning with her at that point, so I said "I'm sorry you feel that way", and we left.

CRA

hermannr

The easiest way to find out what a particular places attitude is as to OC, just carry it out in the open and walk in. If they ask you to leave, leave, and don't go back..simple as that. If you carry concealed you will never know what their true attitude is.

Must be to many Seattle Winos in WW. We have a lot of people from Seattle up here in Okanogan County too, but I have never had a problem (I don't use US Bank never been in it, as is the only place near me that I have heard has a problem with OC)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Went to Sweet Basil Pizzeria in downtown Walla Walla yesterday afternoon with a friend. We were told to "Cover that thing up" or leave. When asked why I didn't have it covered, I said, "It's summer, it's hot!". I asked the owner if she was familiar with state law, and she said "Yes, but this is my restaurant." She said several of the usual things about how guns aren't "appropriate", or that it will bother other customers, especially ones with children (which none were present by the way...), and I didn't see that there would be any reasoning with her at that point, so I said "I'm sorry you feel that way", and we left.

CRA
I would challenge the person by asking them if they want you to break the law. Even though I have a CPL (in the car) I would tell them I might have to call the police on them for asking a non-CPL carrier to cover up.

sudden valley gunner

Good job Chris. We can't win them all.

I would challenge the person by asking them if they want you to break the law. Even though I have a CPL (in the car) I would tell them I might have to call the police on them for asking a non-CPL carrier to cover up.

I have heard this and even thought this at one time, but hence have been thinking that if asked to conceal by the owner of a private business it doesn't matter whether you have a cpl or not. Now I would more than likely just leave feeling the request is ridiculous and how does 2 mil of cloth suddenly cure peoples hoplophobia?

Freedom First

Good job Chris. We can't win them all.

I have heard this and even thought this at one time, but hence have been thinking that if asked to conceal by the owner of a private business it doesn't matter whether you have a cpl or not. Now I would more than likely just leave feeling the request is ridiculous and how does 2 mil of cloth suddenly cure peoples hoplophobia?

Um, Ignorance is bliss...