Thread: First OC in NC

Post imported post

I OC'd for the first time in NC today. I went to food Lion to pick up some things with my SW40VE on my hip, and to my suprise, I didnt catch anyonegawking at my weapon. I even got into a conversation about my UGA bulldogs with a guy in the parking lot. So it was a good experience, and a good showing of support for the 2nd amendment.

"FREEDOM!!!!" (William Wallace)

Post imported post

Congrats, "thinblueline". Good to hear you had a good, non-eventful experience. Welcome to the "club"...

Where exactly are you located?
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Thanks brother. I'm located in jacksonville. and i have to be particularly aware of LEO's here due to the amount of my fellow Marines that @#$& up in this town. Unfortunately the bad apples have made the LEO's bias against Marines.

Post imported post

Then I'm sure you're watching the thread in the NC forum regarding the upcoming Jacksonvile OC Dinner. We're trying to find a good restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol. Stay tuned. We'll get it together soon, and have something in the next few weeks, I'm sure...

Hope to see you there!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

OH definately, my wife however is still a little sketchy about the idea of OC so i might fly solo, but i'll try to get her to come.

Post imported post

My son in law is stationed in jacksonville and was wondering what the criteria was to OC in NC.

Thanks Dave

Post imported post

Sig220,

If you are over 18, and can legally purchase and possess a handgun (meaning, you're not a "prohibited" person) then it is legal to OC most places.

You can't carry at all (OC or CC) in any place that serves alcohol for consumption on-premise, or in any place that charges admission. You can't CC in banks, byt most banks post "no guns" signs, so OC is often not allowed.

Then there is the regular list: schools, government buildings, Federal property...

Go to the NC Attorney General's website and download their Firearms Law booklet. IT's a pretty "dry" read, but it will clear things up for you.

http://www.ncdoj.com/getdoc/19be6294...ciprocity.aspx

The link is about 2/3 down the page.
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Thank You!