• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC in NC

thinbluelines&w40ve

imported post

I OC'd for the first time in NC today. I went to food Lion to pick up some things with my SW40VE on my hip, and to my suprise, I didnt catch anyonegawking at my weapon. I even got into a conversation about my UGA bulldogs with a guy in the parking lot. So it was a good experience, and a good showing of support for the 2nd amendment.

"FREEDOM!!!!" (William Wallace)

Dreamer

imported post

Congrats, "thinblueline". Good to hear you had a good, non-eventful experience. Welcome to the "club"... ;)

Where exactly are you located?

Dreamer

imported post

Then I'm sure you're watching the thread in the NC forum regarding the upcoming Jacksonvile OC Dinner. We're trying to find a good restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol. Stay tuned. We'll get it together soon, and have something in the next few weeks, I'm sure...

Hope to see you there!

sig220

imported post

My son in law is stationed in jacksonville and was wondering what the criteria was to OC in NC.

Thanks Dave

Dreamer

imported post

Sig220,

If you are over 18, and can legally purchase and possess a handgun (meaning, you're not a "prohibited" person) then it is legal to OC most places.

You can't carry at all (OC or CC) in any place that serves alcohol for consumption on-premise, or in any place that charges admission. You can't CC in banks, byt most banks post "no guns" signs, so OC is often not allowed.

Then there is the regular list: schools, government buildings, Federal property...

Go to the NC Attorney General's website and download their Firearms Law booklet. IT's a pretty "dry" read, but it will clear things up for you.

http://www.ncdoj.com/getdoc/19be629...2/2-6-3-6-3-Concealed-Weapon-Reciprocity.aspx

The link is about 2/3 down the page.