Thread: Private Party Sales Forum?

Post imported post

I'm looking for a forum that would cater to private party sales - basically like a craigs list for guns. Maybe I'm not using the correct search terms in google but all I can find is places that require a middle man/money.

Anyone thoughts?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

anmut wrote:
    I'm looking for a forum that would cater to private party sales - basically like a craigs list for guns. Maybe I'm not using the correct search terms in google but all I can find is places that require a middle man/money.

Anyone thoughts?
    Private party sales need to be conducted within your home state or go through an FFL. Other laws may apply.

Why are you avoiding the existing sites? - many good deals to be had therein.

It is our intension to be legal and above board here.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I've been on gunbroker.com and a few others and found some good deals but I hate having to buy and then pay another guy to transfer it. The two dealers in my area get $50/65 for a FFL transfer.

The only thing I'm trying to avoid is paying anyone else - it's not like money grows on trees!

Post imported post

What is your home state?

The best that anyone can tell you without knowing your home state, to find a state specific sales board, is to run a broad search on riverofguns.com and the classifieds on glocktalk.com and ar-15.com.

Post imported post

Yeah thanks - If I would have scrolled down before posting I would have noticed riverofguns.com. I JUST saw that post 5 minutes ago and am searching now.

Thanks again!