• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Private Party Sales Forum?

anmut

imported post

I'm looking for a forum that would cater to private party sales - basically like a craigs list for guns. Maybe I'm not using the correct search terms in google but all I can find is places that require a middle man/money.

Anyone thoughts?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

anmut wrote:
I'm looking for a forum that would cater to private party sales - basically like a craigs list for guns. Maybe I'm not using the correct search terms in google but all I can find is places that require a middle man/money.

Anyone thoughts?
Private party sales need to be conducted within your home state or go through an FFL. Other laws may apply.

Why are you avoiding the existing sites? - many good deals to be had therein.

It is our intension to be legal and above board here.

Yata hey

anmut

imported post

I've been on gunbroker.com and a few others and found some good deals but I hate having to buy and then pay another guy to transfer it. The two dealers in my area get $50/65 for a FFL transfer.

The only thing I'm trying to avoid is paying anyone else - it's not like money grows on trees!

curtiswr

imported post

What is your home state?

The best that anyone can tell you without knowing your home state, to find a state specific sales board, is to run a broad search on riverofguns.com and the classifieds on glocktalk.com and ar-15.com.

anmut

imported post

Yeah thanks - If I would have scrolled down before posting I would have noticed riverofguns.com. I JUST saw that post 5 minutes ago and am searching now.

Thanks again!