• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Overland Park open carry ban = Infringement

marine0300

imported post

Overland Park:http://www.opkansas.org/Overland-Park-Municipal-Code

[align=left]Chapter 11.60 11.60.010 Criminal Use of Weapons. [font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]A. [/font][/font][/align]
[align=left][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Criminal use of weapons" is knowingly; [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]1. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Selling, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing or carrying any bludgeon, sandclub, nunchaku, any gun that emits an electrical charge including, but not limited to, a gun commonly referred to as a stun gun or Taser gun, metal knuckles, or throwing star, or any knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, or any knife having a blade that opens or falls or is ejected into position by the force of gravity or by an outward, downward or centrifugal thrust or movement; or any knife, the blade of which can be fired, including but not limited to a knife commonly referred to as a ballistics knife; or [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]2. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Carrying concealed on one's person, or possessing with intent to use the same unlawfully against another, a dagger, dirk, billy, blackjack, slung-shot, dangerous knife, straight-edged razor, stiletto or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character; provided, an ordinary pocket knife with no blade more than four inches in length shall not be construed to be a dangerous knife, or a dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument; or [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]3. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Carrying on one's person or in any land, water or air vehicle, with intent to use the same unlawfully, a tear gas or smoke bomb or projector or any object containing a noxious liquid, gas or substance; or [/font][/font][/align]
[align=left][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]4. [/font][/font][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Carrying any pistol, revolver or other firearm concealed on one's person except when on the person's land or in the person's abode or fixed place of business; or [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]5. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Carrying any pistol, revolver or other firearm unconcealed on one's person except when on the person's land or in the person's abode or fixed place of business; or [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]6. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Transporting any pistol, revolver or other firearm unless it is unloaded and encased in a container which completely encloses it; or [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]7. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Setting a spring gun. [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]B. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Subsections (A)(1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6) do not apply to or affect any of the following: [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]1. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Law enforcement officers, or any person summoned by any such officers or summoned by any other lawfully authorized public officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while actually engaged in assisting such officers; or [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]2. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Wardens, superintendents and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime while acting within the scope of their authority; or [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]3. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Members of the armed services or reserve forces of the United States or the Kansas National Guard while in the performance of their official duty; or [/font][/font][/align][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]
[align=left]4. [/font]
[/font]
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]Manufacture of, transportation to, or sale of weapons to persons authorized under this exemption to possess such weapons; or [/font][/font][/align]

Navysnipe51

imported post

OK, WTF.... So I cannot Open Carry in Overland Park, KS???? Damn, I have been doing it, Granted it is only at night when my wife and I go for walks...... How can I change this? I just found this site, and love it... A bit about me, My name is BO, US NAVY retired 22yrs. Married with a son who is in the GREATEST ARMY in the world... Hope to chat with ya folks more......

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In my first days of OC i carryed in OP, because the LEOs said it was legal, but after doing my own research I found out differently, then again the law makers dont work for you, at least you can carry in Olathe, there are very few cities in the kansas side that are legal.

:celebrate

have you seen my OC map