• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

public demonstrations- holding statewide event!

steveman01

imported post

Just wondering what yall thought about holding an event were all arms owners of this state could get together, maybe over a couple of days so that all could attend. Basically to get the media involved and let the government taste our freedom. I'd like to invite the activley training militia's (with their arms)from each county in alabama. Now im sure we all know about the "no firearms at public demonstrations" law which is a violation of secton 26 of the alabama constitution, and the 2A. But check out Section 274 and 275 of the alabama constitution-

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/Codeofalabama/constitution/1901/CA-245825.htm

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/Codeofalabama/constitution/1901/CA-245826.htm

It would be lovely to see thousands of arms owners showing of everything from 22's to the artillery! I'd like if anyone had any idea's.

"the militia is the whole people except a few public officials"- george mason

Infringement of rights will not be tolerated at this event!! Im not looking for another WACO, but mearly a loud statement. But on the other hand we never in history defeated the reds by talking or voting.....WE SHOT THEM!! and yes that was a little bit of a quote by i think george washington.

steveman01

imported post

this would basically be to better inform the public of our god given rights, and encourage people to start using them rather than sitting around watching tv while they are slowley drifting further into tyranny.. maybe like a festival or something to get people who are not normally familiar or exposed to firearms. And where everyone can enjoy their time.

Just thought it was interesting that the state of alabama gives immunity to the militia!! now thats cool!

imported post

I'd bet my last dollar you're an ATF, FBI, DEA, or some other alphabet bandit attempting to set up honest, decent, and hard working men and women for trouble of one sort or another.

This sentence right here pretty well clenches it for me:

"I'd like to invite the activley training militia's (with their arms)from each county in alabama."

I bet you'd like to see every 'training militia in Alabama' so you can identify and photograph each and every individual who may or may not be involved in a 'militia' for some future action your organization has planned.

You're asking people to act in a provocative manner where no real good can come of such behavior. Could you be one of the known homosexuals at the ADL or SPLC? Mark Potok is that you?

I cannot advise strongly enough that everyone who reads this post stay away from this guy and any and all of his silly ass 'demonstrations' and any other of his outrageous schemes or scams. I've seen this pattern before and it didn't end well for those affected.

His first two posts and he wants the entire 'Alabama militia' to come out and party. Sure thing, Bunky.

steveman01

imported post

I am extremely offended by those comments!!!!!! in no way shape or form am i a federal or state employee or a homosexual. As a matter of fact i am unemployed and have been for almost a year. however i do feel your concern, i would be thinking the same thing..

I posted this to obtain opinions on whether or not it would be a good idea and seggustions for events. Like i said im not in any way looking for another WACO. I was explaining that the militia has immunity and therefore we the people could hold a public domonstration of a sort. Ive been researching ways to do this without confrontation. NO state or federal agency should have any reason to engage anyone there. This is not to be construed as a showdown or intel getter! Like i said just a public event whereeveryone can have a good time... the reason i mentioned actively training militia is that i think it would be good to see them in large numbers, that way the media could not label us as terrorist or neo-nazi or whatever. it would give a chance for public education and recruitment. And still be a statement to the government that we are not happy.

steveman01

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
What does sexual preference have to do with firearms, alphabet organization membership, or forum trolling?

thats exactly what i would like to know. I just wanted to know what people thought about holding such an event like a festival,parade, or a "tea party". I dont care what it is or who holds it. I dont see how this would be acting in a "provocative manner".

I cant believe this guy...he completely construed my post and acted like an ass. what a nice welcome, first couple of posts and i get called a homo g-man out to "setup" LAC's. Lucky me ive been reading the forums long before i made my first post, so i know not everyone on here is an ASS!! I don't know how such an event could even be a setup.

honestly hes actin like a g-man, shoot now ask ? later, am i wrong?

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
What does sexual preference have to do with firearms, alphabet organization membership, or forum trolling?
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is notorious for their 'Intelligence Report,' wherein they create and fabricate bogeymen always citing 'increased militia activity' with which they solicit funds for their anti-American (communist) activities.

Mark Potok, a known homosexual, is a lawyer and spokesman for the SPLC. The OP's first two posts in this thread could have come straight from Potok himself. If they didn't they will serve the same purpose if anyone is stupid enough to actually entertain such ideas.

Morris Dees, founder of the SPLC, is likely a pedophile and pervert as evidenced by the following excerpt from the official court documents related to his divorce from then wife Maureene Bass Dees.

IN THE ALABAMA COURT OF CIVIL APPEALS
Dees v. Dees : CASE NO. CIV. 2114
http://www.jrbooksonline.com/PDF_Books/MorrisDeesDivorcePapers.pdf

MorrisDeesDivorcePapers.pdf
G. Morris' Step-Daughter. Holly Buck, Maureene's daughter
by a previous marriage, is eighteen years old (R. 728). She was
seven years old when her mother and Morris married, and she has
lived with them in the house at Mathews from then until the
separation (R. 728). Holly testified that, in the summer of 1977,
Morris attempted to molest her in the following incident
(R. 729):
One night Maureene and Morris were sitting drinking wine and
discussing a case Morris was trying. She was with them. Around
eleven or twelve o'clock Maureene went to bed and Holly stayed up
with Morris discussing the case. Morris kept offering Holly wine,
some of which she accepted. At Morris' suggestion, they went
outside to the pool, and he suggested that they go for a swim, but
Holly was tired and declined (R. 731). She went to her room and
then went into the bathroom. Looking out the window, she saw Morris
in the bushes beside the bathroom window looking in (R. 731)
. She
said "Morris, is that you", but he said nothing and ran away (R.
732). Two months later, she was asleep one night and Morris entered
her room from Ellie's room, through the bathroom
. He was in his
underwear and he sat on the bed where Holly was lying on her stomach
facing away from the door. He touched her on the back and woke her
up. He told her that he had brough her a present, and he presented
her with a vibrator.
He plugged it in and said he had brought it to
her. He proceeded to rub it on her back and said, "Let me show you
how to use it" (R. 733). She said that's not necessary, but he
started to place it between her legs when she raised he voice and
said no loudly. He then took the vibrator and left (R. 734). All
he had on was a pair of bikini underwear shorts (R. 734). About two
hours later, she had fallen back asleep and he came back in (R.
735). He brought the vibrator with him, plugged it in and said
again, "Let me show you how to use it." He tried to show her again
by putting it between her legs, but she raised her voice again and
he stopped. He took it and left (R. 635)
. She did not tell her
mother about this incident until the separation when they moved out
of the Mathews house in the spring of 1979 (R. 736).

The next time you hear of some 'expert' from the SPLC addressing 'extremism,' the 'rise in militia activity,' or wanting to infringe upon your Right to Bear Arms generally, you'll have a little background on the nature and character of the people who would be our moral arbiters.

I hope this answers your question. If it doesn't you need only do your own research.

imported post

steveman01 wrote:
I am extremely offended by those comments!!!!!! ... however i do feel your concern, i would be thinking the same thing..
You're 'extremely offended' but you'd 'be thinking the same thing?' The Bible says that a 'double-minded man, [is] unstable in all he does.' (James 1:8)

I wouldn't attend any event or meeting that you organize based upon the apparent contradictions in your posts. Notwithstanding the clearly provocative nature of your suggestion(s). Others are free to do as they please though.

HungSquirrel

imported post

The bible also encourages attacking cities, killing the men, and making sex slaves out of the women. I hardly think citing the bible gives you any sort of moral high ground.

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
The bible also encourages attacking cities, killing the men, and making sex slaves out of the women. I hardly think citing the bible gives you any sort of moral high ground.
It pretty clearly describes what the U.S. Government is doing today doesn't it? Attacking cities, killing men (women and children), and making slaves, sex and otherwise, of entire native populations. However, the nature and character of the U.S. Government can hardly be said to be Christian. It's much more like that of the religion of the people that Christ condemned during his earthly ministry.

I'm not quoting that passage in James because I think it gives me any moral high ground. I'm quoting it because of the truth within the passage itself. People making contradictory statements are people I generally avoid or approach very slowly. Nothing morally superior about that. It's just the way I operate at this point in life. It's safe and prudent.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

New guy comes in with grandiose idea about how to join us all together (for the common cause) without showing understanding of what principles we truly embrace. In so doing, he suggests actions that under state law are presently not legal.

OCDO has never endorsed violating laws - we work to change them. The radical approach will gain few friends here and will surely result in a negative reaction from other posters as well as the moderators.

In addition, while we recognize that the media may not often be our friend, we do not go out of our way to supply them with the ammunition to do us harm. We chose our battles wisely, considering the outcome/fall out.

Yata hey

HungSquirrel

imported post

Actually, his intent was to use the loophole known as the state constitution to get around those tyrannical laws. I don't see anything illegal about that. On the contrary, to enforce the tyrannical laws in violation of the state constitution would be the illegal act.

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Actually, his intent was to use the loophole known as the state constitution to get around those tyrannical laws. I don't see anything illegal about that. On the contrary, to enforce the tyrannical laws in violation of the state constitution would be the illegal act.
No one is stopping the two of you from exercising your rights. However, be advised that if there is even the slightest chance of having a gun owner and Second Amendment proponent getting caught up and charged with crimes for which he'll have to pay legal fees out of his own pocket, take time off of work, and if there is a conviction at trial, lose hisher freedom, job, and family, you can bet the state government will throw all it has at such people if given the chance.

If the OP isn't a federal or state agent attempting to ensnare as many people as possible in a criminal enterprise, then he will have to learn the hard way that pissing into the wind isn't wise.

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
New guy comes in with grandiose idea about how to join us all together (for the common cause) without showing understanding of what principles we truly embrace. In so doing, he suggests actions that under state law are presently not legal.
Classic behavior of an agent provocateur.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Appreciate the truth and logic of your thinking, but unless you can show present statute law or very strong case law that would cause all parties to recognize that (as many believe) the 2nd Amend. officially, legally, in a court of law will trump existing statute; then what he proposes is a wish fulfilling death leap of faith.

Places Off-Limits
Section 13A-11-59
Possession of firearms by persons participating in, attending, etc., demonstrations at public places.

(a) For the purposes of this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in this subsection, except in those instances where the context clearly indicates a different
meaning:

(1) DEMONSTRATION. Demonstrating, picketing, speechmaking or marching, holding of vigils and all other like forms of conduct which involve the communication or expression of views or grievances engaged in by one or more persons, the conduct of which has the effect, intent or propensity to draw a crowd or onlookers. Such term shall not include casual use of property by visitors or tourists which does not have an
intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.

(2) FIREARM. Any pistol, rifle, shotgun or firearm of any kind, whether loaded or not.

As has already been said, what he proposes is ILLEGAL and not appreciated. :X

Yata hey

steveman01

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
HungSquirrel wrote:

As has already been said, what he proposes is ILLEGAL and not appreciated. :X

Yata hey

You obviosly did not look at the laws that i presented, The militia has immunity. I in NO way advocate the breaking of any laws. Andthis is not something I am putting together. Just posted the idea on here to see people opinion and seggustions but as i can see most people are not taking kindly to it and dont like the idea. Evedently they would like to hide in there houses like cowards and wait for a fight to come their way. Im just seggusting a way for something to be done before things escalate into a fight. and given the current direction of this country I believe a fight is not far off. So lets just find a way to turn this country around. The government obviosly does not take the "Tea Parties" seriosly, maybe if were lucky they will see things differntly if people take to their arms.

And to Col mustard: I was not contradicting myself, I was indeed offended by your comments. But I was hoping to express that I too share your fear of the secret agent men that u speak of. I do know that they weasel there way into miltia's then try to talk them into being part of some outragous felonious acts like slaying innocent women and children. so i know exactly what your talking about. In NO way is what i am seggusting here to be construed as any such thing.

steveman01

imported post

I was just thinking that maybe the militia could get together and have like a parade or big muster or something. Put them and the "tea party" in the same boat so to speak. that way no matter how badly the media wanted to label us as neo-nazi's (which they probly still would) they would have a hard time doing so. most people dont know that the militia is out there and the ones that do usually think they are terrorist due to media and the militia's lack of public awareness.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

steveman01 wrote:
snip..........
Just posted the idea on here to see people opinion and seggustions but as i can see most people are not taking kindly to it and dont like the idea. Evedently they would like to hide in there houses like cowards and wait for a fight to come their way. Im just seggusting a way for something to be done before things escalate into a fight. and given the current direction of this country I believe a fight is not far off. So lets just find a way to turn this country around. The government obviosly does not take the "Tea Parties" seriosly, maybe if were lucky they will see things differntly if people take to their arms.

And to Col mustard: I was not contradicting myself, I was indeed offended by your comments. But I was hoping to express that I too share your fear of the secret agent men that u speak of. I do know that they weasel there way into miltia's then try to talk them into being part of some outragous felonious acts like slaying innocent women and children. so i know exactly what your talking about. In NO way is what i am seggusting here to be construed as any such thing.
You just are not consistent. You just want opinions, then just insult people for just giving them. You just suggest it is for the good of the country. You just don't get it and just don't care to do so.

You just are not just suggesting anything. You are just beyond what this site and members/posters advocate and that is just a simple fact.

Just provoking for the sake of provoking is just not acceptable and that makes you just a troll. That is just my opinion and it is just.

Yata hey

steveman01

imported post

i guess there is no way to have a legitimate coversation on this forum. I ask for an opinion on a topic and what do i get? opinions on me. but no worries ive got a whole box of ASS HATS for everyone who cares to join this discussion.

with the exception of mr. hung squirrel.