• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting page on WA ceasefire.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Apparently HIV isn't as horrible as firearms! Who would have thunk???

How do you compare firearms related deaths to HIV.......was that the lowest, most important topic, they could compare it to?

http://washingtonceasefire.org/resource-center

And really, the wa ceasefire page is boring.... nobody updates it with events! How can I crash if I don't know where and when????:banghead:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Let me see if you take suicides with firearms into play you are about equal.

Now if the figure varies but lets say 80-95% all folks killed by firearms are ingaged in criminal activity or are criminals.

See that don't tell that side of the story either.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I really don't think we have much to worry about. The support for wa ceasefire is poop compared to pro-arms. If you look at their facebook pages, a lot of pro-arms folks leave comments stating facts and such and they (ceasefire folks) never reply.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
Let me see if you take suicides with firearms into play you are about equal.
Except for one fact. There was a recent study, and I haven't looked up the name or who did it but I read about it. They studied suicides and gun control and what they found was that in states with stricter gun control laws, suicide by firearm was lower, but all the other methods were higher and the overall suicide rate was not effected. They concluded that gun control laws do nothing to prevent suicides, all that gun control laws do is change the method used.
I would like to read that because I can't remember where I read but I read crime by fire arms were down so that the suicide rate with firearms were higher. I too can't remember where I read that.

You are right though all we have to do is look at Canada strict gun controls didn't affect the suicide rate, they just used other means.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

so if someone is about to be raped by a known HIV infected person then they should not fight back because they are more likely to die by the gun than the aids???

:banghead: