• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Badger Outdoors

Crawlin

imported post

You know, with all that bad press, I keep thinking back to my situation. Something as simple as what's allowed by the ATF is actually delaying the pickup of my next firearm. So if they are this strict on things, how is the other stuff happening? Probably when it's out of their control.

It's probably more the fact that they are consistently cheaper prices than any of the other local places including any gander mountain, cabella's, shooter's shop, etc...

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Just more grandstanding by the anti-rights Milwaukee Urinal/sentinel to try and villify a business that lawfully sells a product to a qualified purchaser thatlater gets stolen or sold to someone else.

I think they are probably printing this stuff now to try and gain public support for a politician to stop person to person sales in WI.

It would be easier and cheaper for me to purchase a pistol on the northside of Milwaukee from some scumbagthat has stolen it or used it in a crime than it is for me to go through an FFL.
Since Badger is the closest gun shop to the city, chances are highthat the gun was legally purchased from them at one time or another before making it into hands that should not have it.

protias

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Since Badger is the closest gun shop to the city, chances are highthat the gun was legally purchased from them at one time or another before making it into hands that should not have it.
You don't want to pay 1.5 times as much at Shooter's Shop than from Badger Guns?

protias

imported post

32HR MAG wrote:
Are the prices at Badger really that much better?If so,I think I'm going shop'en.
They are pretty competitive with handguns, not so much with rifles. Fletcher Arm's in Waukesha is better.

Crawlin

imported post

I'll have to check Fletcher's out....

But at Badger, brand new XD9 4" was $489, where as at Shooter's Shop it was $549 for a USED one.

XD45 was $509 NEW(regular, not the XDm) and was I think $599USED at Shooter's Shop

That's a huge difference. Cabella's and Gander were pretty much the same thing.

Since I'm looking for something else, I feel Badger's was right there since all of there prices matched online pricing(for 90% of things) and without the shipping and FFL transfer hassle.

gollbladder13

imported post

My experiences with the prices at Badger have been that they are average at best. I didn't mind making the hour drive down to the Delevan area to save $100 on my NIB G17 last year when I bought it.

My experiences with the range at Badger: I simply don't feel safe there. Too many people trying to send a whole mag down range as fast as possible while holding their gun sideways. Either that, or taking nothing but head shots at laughing about it. I prefer Fletcher's.

Crawlin

imported post

Hmmm, I was there for an hour yesterday morning. Didn't see anyone that was doing that. Mostly father/son combo's shooting together.

Where'd you go in Delevan?

gollbladder13

imported post

IIRC, the place is called Dam Lake Gun Shop, or something like that. I haven't been back since because the rest of my guns I've bought/traded online.

They mostly do hunting gear, but have a few handguns. I'll try to dig up their info.

Regarding the Badger clientele, maybe I just need to go mornings then (I usually was there afternoons/early evenings).

Crawlin

imported post

my buddy and i were there right away 10am on sunday morning and no one else was in the range. took till probably about 11:30am to get others in there.

i'd probably recommend that time period as early morning was very quiet. right around noon thogh it got really busy

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
My experiences with the range at Badger: I simply don't feel safe there. Too many people trying to send a whole mag down range as fast as possible while holding their gun sideways. Either that, or taking nothing but head shots at laughing about it. I prefer Fletcher's.

I believe the Milwaukee PD has effectively ended those issues by doing a traffic stop on people leaving Badger that fit the racialprofile they were looking for.

protias

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
gollbladder13 wrote:

I believe the Milwaukee PD has effectively ended those issues by doing a traffic stop on people leaving Badger that fit the racialprofile they were looking for.
Badger%20Guns%20-%20racist%20mpd.jpg

icepik

imported post

I'd be interested to see the stats of how many firearms this store sells compared to how many the PD says have been linked to a crime.

Just because drivebys are typically done in a Cadillac or Oldsmobile doesn't mean that Cadillac or Oldsmobile should stop making cars. Just means that they're a popular company. (Just making a point, not specifically singling out Cadillacs or Oldsmobiles)

Just because teens choose to send naked photos of themselves to classmates with a Nokia camera phone, doesn't mean Nokia should be banned from selling phones.

Those above examples are stories that make the news, but the PD isn't staking out the local Bergstrom Dealer or U.S. Cellular store.

If a store sells an item using the proper paperwork, and follows the proper course of selling an item legally, they shouldn't be held responsible for what happens to that item after it leaves the store.

:banghead:

blaze

imported post

Sooooo, Chisholm, Flynn, and Rep Gwen Moore (D-Milwaukee) are all pissing on the BATF's shoes about Badger Outdoors after said agency gave Badger Outdoors a 'clean slate', case closed. Me thinks BATF might just piss back.

ROOK_WI

imported post

The amount of whining that the leaders of Milwaukee do never ceases to amaze me. Seeing asBadger is in the village of West Milwaukee & not the city of Milwaukee proper, The'Big Three' in Milwaukee have done the equivalent of running to the ends of their leashes, left to donothing more than bark at the people passing by.

Milwaukee would do better by cleaning up the trash in their own community first. Hold your "Gang Task Force" accountable, or an extratwenty dollar commissionfor the officer for a conviction on the thug arrested.Keep those felons in jail where they belong. It is very hard for a felon to shoot someone on the street whenthey are behind concrete, electric fencing & barbed wire.

The straw purchaser that just recieved the two year sentence on the shooting of the two officers, that should have been a thirty year sentence, no time off for good behavior. One Strike Policy. Trade your stupidity for your freedom.

I invite them to build aanother prison in my backyard, it will help with the jobs it creates at the same time.

I will state it again, Milwaukee does not have a gun problem, Milwaukee has a people problem. Take care of your own problems first and quit passing the blame.