• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

uwharrie restrictions?

wing_nut62

imported post

Newbie here!! i've been reading back on some of the older posts andhave really gotten alot of information, as well as enjoyment. I have a question about the Uwharrie gun range. I have a buddy that has a BARRETT-M82 .50 CAL that were dying to pull the trigger on, but we can't seem to find a place to shoot it. Is that something that we can bring out and be able to shoot? So far, we haven't been able to find aplace that we can safely shoot and we're getting antsy!!LOL! Hope to see some of you at the range soon!

wing_nut62

imported post

Will do. just thought someone might have already been out there with one that would know. Thanks for the quick reply.

mekender

imported post

I have fired a M1919 on a tripod out there, i would guess the .50 would be fine. Though you only have a 100yd range.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

I fired my buddies .50 BMG out there. I had to prone on the dirty ground and you only have a 100 yards but it works. I tried checking for regulations on weapons online but couldn't find any, i'd call to be sure though.

Edit: I probably wouldn't shoot anything that high caliber at a 100 yard berm again personally, my mind was just racing with the possibilities of that round ricocheting and causing misfortune... highly unlikely, but a possibility I think.

wing_nut62

imported post

Thanks for the imput. I.m with you that 100 yards really doesnt allow for much room for safety. Guess the quest goes on.