• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

StateWide OC Day

Utah_Patriot

imported post

This was copied from the utahconcealedcarry.com in the OC Fourm

It would be interesting to see what a general 'OC day' would do in this state.

Would the CC people go along with it for support? Imagine thousands of people carrying openly to show the criminal element just how many of their potential victims carry.

It might get people interested in CCing again long after the 'novelty' or 'cool' effect wore off. With media attention, it could be a huge PR win, especially if someone goes to the effort to track data from the PD's in the state as to the criminal activity on the day vs a another day.

I'd do it, and I haven't ever OC'd, nor do I have my CCP

[sup][sub]My thoughts are listed below[/sub][/sup]

If we can get enough interest I think we could involve CCW permit holders, TEA Party participants and other forums.

What do you think I would like to see if we could get some feedback and I will approach other groups to see what the interest would be.

My idea would be to set up a day before meet to go over Utah Laws, How to deal with LEO's, Distribute pamphlets on open carry, and a general overview with questions at the end.

Maybe we could use the OC/CCW meet up to go over ideas and laws. Invite a few guests to speak ?

I would be interested to see the Impact. Groups would report general areas where they plan on being. A hot line number would be set up and data tracked for the day.

I think a good day would be January 25th the first day of the legislative session.

Just a thought ????????

Rusty_Shackleford

imported post

I'm following you on this. I live in the St. George area. I am going to email a bunch of the CFP holders in my area, as well as some other groups I am involved in. I am going to PM you my contact info.

I think this would do a lot toward education of the general public, CFP holders, legislators and LEOs. ...one of the big reasons why I am OCing more and more.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I am getting a good response so far. Still want more input on this so I can plan our press release to local media outlets.

I want to try for Jan 25th based on the outcome of the responses I get.

ingman

imported post

Sounds good to me,you talking about just while going about your normal day type thing right?

Oh I havebeen reading things on this boardfor about a year now. I want to thank all of you that have helped me with my law questions. it is a greatforum. Thanks.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Sounds great to me, however, I think a day in the warmer months would be a lot better. It's kinda hard to OC without the right gear while wearing a coat. Most would only do it inside a building where it's warm. If we do it in a month like May or June, it would work out a lot better because people will be rearing to "take their clothes" off, so to speak, as the weather gets warmer.

Just a thought. :)

Kevin

manithree

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I am still planning it but most likely will be in may.
The month after the Second Amendment March?

There's never going to be a perfect day. But I'm hoping to participate in a local satellite 2AM (and OC) so maybe not too close to April 19 if you're worried about that affecting attendance.

rpyne

imported post

manithree wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I am still planning it but most likely will be in may.
The month after the Second Amendment March?

There's never going to be a perfect day. But I'm hoping to participate in a local satellite 2AM (and OC) so maybe not too close to April 19 if you're worried about that affecting attendance.
Yes, but what day would be more appropriate than April 19? I can think of no date more significant in the defense of the right to keep and bear arms.

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Sounds great to me, however, I think a day in the warmer months would be a lot better. It's kinda hard to OC without the right gear while wearing a coat. Most would only do it inside a building where it's warm. If we do it in a month like May or June, it would work out a lot better because people will be rearing to "take their clothes" off, so to speak, as the weather gets warmer.

Just a thought. :)

Kevin
I think one day a year wouldn't be enough, maybe a set day every month, Open Carry Day one set day every month

kdt1970

imported post

A good day would be: January-5 Or even July 4

The Constitution (Second Amendment) Act, 1952. Date on which the Act came into : force: 1-5-1953

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

If it's exposure and media coverage we want then when ever it is held, it should be done downtown, the Galvin Center (not sure if it is City property?), if not there then on the SLC City Hall building State and 4th south. Put it right in front of their faces, Sugarhouse Park, Liberty Park, or even 9th & 9th, some where Liberal Anti-gun people go! A walk from 700 east down 2100 south until SugarhousePark for a mean game oflawn darts! :celebrate

Utah_Patriot

imported post

July 4th is a great day I have been going nuts planning a large event.

I have had correspondence with large groups and dates keep moving July 4th issue is lots of people out of town .

I have been preparing press releases putting on a Statewide OC Day also has it's cost associated with the event.

I will come out with more details as soon as I get them. The advertisement bid just came back at a hefty dollar amount.

Keep the feedback coming PM Me if needed or call 801-448-7574

More details soon to come