Thread: New member introductions

Post imported post

Hi everyone. i did a search and did not see a new member introduction thread, sooooo, being a new member, i thought i would start one.

Live in the greater new Orleans area. been around firearms most of my life. Actually learned about open carry through my concealed carry instructor and was referred to this site among others.

Looking to learn more about my rights...all of them, but here mostly for firearms and defense info.

Look forward to learning from you guys and gals.

Banned

Post imported post

Welcome; very little to learn here ............

Post imported post

Welcome, Gunguy! We're always glad to have new members. There's still a good bit of good information here despite some rather childish folks who have been trashing this forum of late. If you haven't found it yet, check out http://www.louisianacarry.orgfor some info on both OC and CC. Also might want to try http://www.laopencarry.orgfor some Louisiana folks who are trying to start a local group along the lines of PAFOA and others.

You might want to spend some time reading through some of the older threads in the forum. There are plenty of very interesting ones around.

Post imported post

#1 chicken farmer wrote:
    Gunguy wrote:
    Hi everyone. i did a search and did not see a new member introduction thread, sooooo, being a new member, i thought i would start one.

Live in the greater new Orleans area. been around firearms most of my life. Actually learned about open carry through my concealed carry instructor and was referred to this site among others.

Looking to learn more about my rights...all of them, but here mostly for firearms and defense info.

Welcome; very little to learn here ............
    Then leave.

Post imported post

Welcome Gunguy.

If you need anything, I am at your service.

Post imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
    Welcome, Gunguy! We're always glad to have new members. There's still a good bit of good information here despite some rather childish folks who have been trashing this forum of late. If you haven't found it yet, check out http://www.louisianacarry.orgfor some info on both OC and CC. Also might want to try http://www.laopencarry.orgfor some Louisiana folks who are trying to start a local group along the lines of PAFOA and others.

You might want to spend some time reading through some of the older threads in the forum. There are plenty of very interesting ones around.
    Yep, my instructor also told me about those two sites. Louisianacarry.org has a ton of info. I have been to it a lot since my class.

He kinda warned be about the childishness here versus laopencarry. I plan to join there soon also. Plenty of knowledgeable people between all these sites.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO.

Post imported post

Gunguy wrote:
    Yep, my instructor also told me about those two sites. Louisianacarry.org has a ton of info. I have been to it a lot since my class.

He kinda warned be about the childishness here versus laopencarry. I plan to join there soon also. Plenty of knowledgeable people between all these sites.
    Was your instructor Brannon from Nolatac? He puts out lots of these forums as part of his class.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

yale wrote:
    Gunguy wrote:

Was your instructor Brannon from Nolatac? He puts out lots of these forums as part of his class.
    I was about to ask the same thing. Sounds like him.

Post imported post

yale wrote:
    Gunguy wrote:

Yes it was.

Post imported post

Cool. Brannon is a LEO, CHP instructor and, though he doesn't OC himself, he support the right to do so and has done queit a bit to get the word out via his classes and to his fellow LEOs. He is also a LOCAL member and we are glad to have him on our side.

By the way, I took his CHP class which he held here in Baton Rouge. Very good class and fun too. We laughed and learned alot. I recommend his classes to anyone in the Greater NO area.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

Gunguy wrote:

Welcome, gunguy!