• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member introductions

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Hi everyone. i did a search and did not see a new member introduction thread, sooooo, being a new member, i thought i would start one.

Live in the greater new Orleans area. been around firearms most of my life. Actually learned about open carry through my concealed carry instructor and was referred to this site among others.

Looking to learn more about my rights...all of them, but here mostly for firearms and defense info.

Look forward to learning from you guys and gals.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome, Gunguy! We're always glad to have new members. There's still a good bit of good information here despite some rather childish folks who have been trashing this forum of late. If you haven't found it yet, check out http://www.louisianacarry.orgfor some info on both OC and CC. Also might want to try http://www.laopencarry.orgfor some Louisiana folks who are trying to start a local group along the lines of PAFOA and others.

You might want to spend some time reading through some of the older threads in the forum. There are plenty of very interesting ones around.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

#1 chicken farmer wrote:
Gunguy wrote:
Hi everyone. i did a search and did not see a new member introduction thread, sooooo, being a new member, i thought i would start one.

Live in the greater new Orleans area. been around firearms most of my life. Actually learned about open carry through my concealed carry instructor and was referred to this site among others.

Looking to learn more about my rights...all of them, but here mostly for firearms and defense info.

Welcome; very little to learn here ............
Then leave.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
Welcome, Gunguy! We're always glad to have new members. There's still a good bit of good information here despite some rather childish folks who have been trashing this forum of late. If you haven't found it yet, check out http://www.louisianacarry.orgfor some info on both OC and CC. Also might want to try http://www.laopencarry.orgfor some Louisiana folks who are trying to start a local group along the lines of PAFOA and others.

You might want to spend some time reading through some of the older threads in the forum. There are plenty of very interesting ones around.

Yep, my instructor also told me about those two sites. Louisianacarry.org has a ton of info. I have been to it a lot since my class.

He kinda warned be about the childishness here versus laopencarry. I plan to join there soon also. Plenty of knowledgeable people between all these sites.

sraacke

imported post

Gunguy wrote:
Yep, my instructor also told me about those two sites. Louisianacarry.org has a ton of info. I have been to it a lot since my class.

He kinda warned be about the childishness here versus laopencarry. I plan to join there soon also. Plenty of knowledgeable people between all these sites.
Was your instructor Brannon from Nolatac? He puts out lots of these forums as part of his class.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

yale wrote:
Gunguy wrote:

Was your instructor Brannon from Nolatac? He puts out lots of these forums as part of his class.
I was about to ask the same thing. Sounds like him.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

yale wrote:
Gunguy wrote:

Yes it was.

sraacke

imported post

Cool. Brannon is a LEO, CHP instructor and, though he doesn't OC himself, he support the right to do so and has done queit a bit to get the word out via his classes and to his fellow LEOs. He is also a LOCAL member and we are glad to have him on our side.

By the way, I took his CHP class which he held here in Baton Rouge. Very good class and fun too. We laughed and learned alot. I recommend his classes to anyone in the Greater NO area.

barf

imported post

Gunguy wrote:

Welcome, gunguy!