• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just bought my first AK! Yugo M70B1

EM87

imported post

This is the prettiest AK I've seen - I'm very happy to have gotten one so nice! It's in great condition.

P1030043.jpg

P1030044.jpg

P1030045.jpg

P1030046.jpg

P1030047.jpg

P1030048.jpg

P1030049.jpg

office888

imported post

Congratulations!

Now beat the piss out of it, and lubricate/clean it with dirty motor oil + knotted shoelace!

He's my "battlefield pickup" WASR10.

Worn001.jpg

Worn003.jpg

-Richard-

manicdevery

imported post

office888 wrote:
Congratulations!

Now beat the piss out of it, and lubricate/clean it with dirty motor oil + knotted shoelace!

He's my "battlefield pickup" WASR10.

Worn001.jpg

Worn003.jpg

-Richard-
i think yours is prettier. . . they are both pretty i just like the "seen some $hit look.

Devery

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

I agree... lol and I have that same Dosko case for mine... Dunhams?

here's my WASR-10 since we're showing em...

Now:
DSC01703.jpg

l_1a2767e9270d424099bf4e17f9395d87.jpg

Previous Iterations:
DSC00031.jpg

l_ee468fcaee22b0b73bc8e30f2046a2e6.jpg

also got a Saiga-12 but no pics of it yet...

office888

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
to the rest with WASRs: Did anyone else hacksaw the tack weld and get the 'Clinton' lug off the barrel?
Hacksaw? That takes work.

I've got a dremel with cutoff disc for that job!

But yeah, I haven't started on mine yet. I will after I order a 74-style muzzlebrake.

That's about it though.

No tacticrap stuff on MY AK! That's what the AR is for...:p

-Richard-

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

well I like AKs better, simple and reliable, so I figured i'd turn mine into an AR with tacticrap stuff and an AR birdcage flash hider... lol

M

McX

imported post

damn, is there anyone in this country who doesn't own an AK? i loved the pics, but no one had an orange tip on theirs- sorry, bad joke. i got one too; romainian.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
to the rest with WASRs: Did anyone else hacksaw the tack weld and get the 'Clinton' lug off the barrel?
Filed the weld and put a tapco flash hider on.

Denny

imported post

Took the old dremel cut off wheel to mine. I still need to get a muzzle break for it. I heard the Tapco ak 74 style ones are the best for the money. I'm also looking at a "Smiley Brake". Anyone use either of these and could you tell any difference?

Haman J.T.

imported post

Denny wrote:
Took the old dremel cut off wheel to mine. I still need to get a muzzle break for it. I heard the Tapco ak 74 style ones are the best for the money. I'm also looking at a "Smiley Brake". Anyone use either of these and could you tell any difference?
My AK 47 RPK style muzzle brake cost $14+ $4.95 shipping at sportsmans guide and screwed right on.

Denny

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
Denny wrote:
My AK 47 RPK style muzzle brake cost $14+ $4.95 shipping at sportsmans guide and screwed right on.
Thanks, I'll look into that. Did it make a difference in muzzle climb? I've heard varied opinions on if they actually are worth bothering with installing.I hear some are more effective than others and I'm looking for something that actually works and isn't just for looks. Apologies to EM87 if I'm hijacking the thread.