• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer P250

bassrocker4God04

imported post

Does anyone own one of these guns? I am looking at possibly purchasing the P250 2 Sum deals but I would like a few testimonials before I make my final decision. I would be using this gun as a home defense and as a concealed carry weapon.

JBURGII

imported post

The Sig P250 is on my list of wants. After reading about the weapon I am convinced that it would be a really good daily carry piece. I have not heard any actual testemonials from person who have one yet.. but so far I am sold!

I want the P556 as well.. but I don't think I would OC that one daily.. :p

Rev. Jim

45acpForMe

imported post

bassrocker4God04 wrote:
Does anyone own one of these guns? I am looking at possibly purchasing the P250 2 Sum deals but I would like a few testimonials before I make my final decision. I would be using this gun as a home defense and as a concealed carry weapon.

I don't own a Sig P250 but one of my friends owns the 9mm version full size. He likes it and says it is accurate and all. He did have to send it in for repair when the extractor was failing. I have held them and think they feel great.

My complaint with them is the 45acp version only holds 10 in the magazine. Now they join the ranks of S&W MP, H&K hk45, both of which I was looking forward to but decided against because of the only-10 capacity. I own a couple P220's also 45acp which are single stack 8 round mags. I didn't see the need to spend more money to get those two extra rounds.Even mytaurus PT145 holds 10 already.

Overall I have heard good things about the gun and you can buy kits to switch between 9mm, 40SW, and 45acp all using the same grip etc. An interesting concept for familiarity and all but since I don't plan on shooting those other calibers, not for me.

Here's a pic of it during extraction:

Michigander

imported post

Any Sig gun will be reliable, accurate, and have a nice trigger. Sure, there might be a few screw ups Sig makes here and there, but you'll meet very few unhappy sig owners.

If you like the power, size, capacity and price of a specific Sig model, I say buy it.

buster81

imported post

I had the P250 in my hand once at GreenTop. I pulled the trigger, and after about 1/2 an inch, I thought, smooth but way too long. I don't like a trigger that goes on forever. YMMV.

TehGruu

imported post

Well, I never have even handled a 250, but I do have another polymer, the Sig Pro in 9mm. I'm not a plastic pistol guy, as I prefer a steel 1911 and I probably will not be buying anymore plastic in the future. However, that being said, the Sig Pro is a fine weapon indeed. You'll find both good and bad reviews on it if you search. The thing to keep in mind is the bias that both parties have in their review. In my humble opinion, which is worth exactly what you're paying for it,Sig makes some very fine firearms and you could do a ot worse.

-Gruu

LRS76251

imported post

[align=left]I own quite a few different sigs, including the P250and like all of them. However, as some others have pointed out, the trigger pull isextremely long compared to the other models. I do like shooting it occasionally though. Just as any other sig, its made very well and itis a reliable weapon system. I had a couple of mag spring issues with mine initially but I contacted sig and they fixed that problem by sending me new mag springs at no cost. There haven't been any other problems with the pistol since that happened. Mine is the 9mm version.[/align]

MrT

imported post

I have recently purchased the P250 2 Sum and I am overall very pleased with the performance and quality. I have put 100 rounds through both the full size and sub-compact.

I purchased the P250 2 Sum because I really like the concept and needed something a little smaller than my Glock 23 for concealed carry. The sub-compact is perfect for concealed carry.

The accuracy is typical Sig which is great. The quality is the one issue I do have. It is not quite up to par with the P229. That being said it is still superior to many other firearms on the market.

Switching the firing mechanism is very simple and quick. I can see how someone with little firearm experience could break something very easily though. So if you know what you are doing, read the instructions on disassembly and take your time it is a very simple process.

Price wise I don't think it can be beat. I paid $725 for the package brand new.

230therapy

imported post

Check on the sigforum.com. Read about the problems. The gun YOU buy could be just fine...or not. While the Errornet can be just that, take a serious look at the types of problems they're encountering.

My philosophy has always to use what is proven. New designs are not proven. Until it's been debugged (see Ruger's last three fiascos), the gun should not be used for serious work. I know guys clammering to buy the new Kahr 380...but the PM9 was very picky and had recalls. I figure at least 5-10 years are needed for this process.

If a gun is adopted by a police department, the debugging process may go faster. Big flaws will result in the department dumping the gun and the reputation of the manufacturer will take a VERY big hit. Even worse, the gun mythos will now include "Design X" as a terrible gun until the end of time (even if it's fixed and works perfectly...word of mouth advertising will hurt sales).

Proven, debugged designs are the way to go. The SIG P250 has not yet been completed.

tdbarge

imported post

My wife's uncle has a 9mm P250 which I got to fire over thanksgiving. It handled very nicely, was as accurate as I could be for the 2 mags I put through it and functioned just fine.

However, as seems to be the semi-common theme, it had had problems before and it was returned from Sig a few days before we went shooting. I can't remember exactly what the issue was that required fixing. I think it may have been something to do with the extractor but am not sure, I might be thinking that because someone else mentioned it.

So, nice weapon, but has some bugs to be worked out, YMMV.

XDFDE45

imported post

buster81 wrote:
I pulled the trigger, and after about 1/2 an inch, I thought, smooth but way too long. I don't like a trigger that goes on forever. YMMV.
Do you know which trigger they had? There are 2 different triggers you can get for the P250, standard and a shorter trigger length. That is one of the reasons I never got a SIG is because it does have a LOOOOOOONG trigger pull. Also with the full size and compact there are three grips sizes to choose from, small medium and large.

M1911a1lvr

imported post

My wife has a 1st gen Sig P250 compact in 9mm. She likes it and enjoys shooting it, which she does very well. She likes the fact that it is DAO and the trigger pull is smooth and no take up, or creep. She doesn't complain that the trigger pull is too long, nor does the reset bother her. She likes the weight of the gun and how it balances for her. The only complaint that she could find with it is the difficulty she had in finding a concealment holster for it. It fits the older RSP holsters that are a SERPA knock off, But the high front of the holster doesn't allow her to reholster very well. It fits in the P228/P229 holster well enough but it is a tight fit. The 2nd Gen ones are supposed to have more rounded edges. I have also put several hundred rounds through her gun and have found it to be a solid choice for a CCW or Home Def Gun.

jz12b

imported post

I think my next purchase is going to be the P250 Tactical Digital. I'm a sucker for digital camo. Trigger squeeze is the smoothest I've ever seen, and by buddy has put over a 1000 rounds through his without a single failure

P250-Tact-detail-L.jpg

thnycav

imported post

It was designed with the Police and Military in mind because you can customize it for each shooter. There would not be a need for multiple guns. Here is a copy of the description from Sig

The P250®, a modular pistol that allows the shooter to change caliber and size at will....

The SIG SAUER® P250 was designed specifically to address the future needs of the military, law enforcement, and civilian shooters around the world. The P250 will be available in the most popular calibers (9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W and .45ACP). The P250's innovative design enables the shooter to quickly remove the functional mechanism and place it into the polymer grip of his choice. This allows an immediate change in caliber and size;(subcompact, compact and full). And after any change the pistol delivers both outstanding accuracy and reliable functionality. Its modularity not only provides incredible ease of maintenance, but also provides a solution for accommodating different hand sizes - there are 6 different ergonomic combinations for each size, accomplished by changes in grip circumference and trigger style. Now you can own the world's only modular shooting system globally engineered to deliver the "To-Hell -And-Back-Reliability" you've come to expect from Sig Sauer.

marrero jeff

imported post

I can tell you i have handled the p250 in 9mm and put about 1200 rounds through my brothers. It's and excellent gun. Everything you expect from a sig. It's light, accurate, ergonomic, large round capacity, and 100% reliable, and this coming form an HK man. I completely recommend it if you're serious about buying one. You wont be disappointed.

.45acp

imported post

We bought a 9mm P250 compact for my wife 8 months ago. She really likes it and has learned to pull through the somewhat long trigger stroke. She has around 1500 rounds through it, the only problems were with the alumimum cased Blazer FMJs, FTE if I remember correctly. Any other factory ammo and my reloads have had no feeding or ejection problems. The gun shoots well, and is more than accurate for self defense.

The attached photo is a picture of my wife and atargetshot with her P-250 at 15 yards, 100 rounds.

Steve