• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer P250

.45acp

imported post

My wife has really taken to shooting....she has her eyes on one of my Ed Brown 1911's. She shoots a 1911 better than her P-250, but the P-250 is a better SD for her pistol since she does not carry on her person, and a cocked and locked 1911 is not the best night stand gun.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

Steve

jz12b

imported post

jz12b wrote:
I think my next purchase is going to be the P250 Tactical Digital. I'm a sucker for digital camo. Trigger squeeze is the smoothest I've ever seen, and by buddy has put over a 1000 rounds through his without a single failure

P250-Tact-detail-L.jpg

Found a dealer selling onefor close tocost! $580 shipped. It arrived without the thread protector for the treaded barrel, but I picked one of those up from http://www.tornado-technologies.com (the Sig site was sold out). I brought it to the range a few days ago for a quick test fireand put 50 rounds through it in about 20 minutes. No jams, no misfires, just a sweet, smooth, DAO pistol.Has beenmy CCW since I picked it up. Can't wait for my next day at the range.

25sierraman

imported post

I carry a P250 subcompact regularly in 9mm. Its very well balanced and comfortable to carry as well as shoot. The trigger pull does take some getting used to and it is kind of long feeling but after a few trips to the range i kinda like it. I still have yet to see a major malfunction and id have to say im about 2000 rounds into it. The worst thing i had was a dud and all i did was pull the trigger again to fix that problem. Overall id say its great and its one of the most affordable sig's that you can buy (besides the mosquito). I really think they blundered though with the "modularity". By the time you spend the 300+ for the conversion to a different caliber you could have just spend a bit extra and get a whole different weapon. Just my experiences with mine. Hope this helps.

thnycav

imported post

25sierraman wrote:
I carry a P250 subcompact regularly in 9mm. Its very well balanced and comfortable to carry as well as shoot. The trigger pull does take some getting used to and it is kind of long feeling but after a few trips to the range i kinda like it. I still have yet to see a major malfunction and id have to say im about 2000 rounds into it. The worst thing i had was a dud and all i did was pull the trigger again to fix that problem. Overall id say its great and its one of the most affordable sig's that you can buy (besides the mosquito). I really think they blundered though with the "modularity". By the time you spend the 300+ for the conversion to a different caliber you could have just spend a bit extra and get a whole different weapon. Just my experiences with mine. Hope this helps.
The Sig Sauer P250 was designed specifically to address the future needs of the military and law enforcement professionals around the world. The innovative design of the removable steel frame housed in a polymer grip module allows agencies and units to change caliber, pistol size (subcompact, compact and full), trigger length and grip size without changing the issued serial number. The steel frame controls the rearward motion of the slide- not the polymer grip, as in other pistols. The result is both outstanding accuracy and reliable functionality even with laser/light accessories mounted to the polymer grip's accessory rail.

25sierraman

imported post

thnycav wrote:
25sierraman wrote:
The Sig Sauer P250 was designed specifically to address the future needs of the military and law enforcement professionals around the world. The innovative design of the removable steel frame housed in a polymer grip module allows agencies and units to change caliber, pistol size (subcompact, compact and full), trigger length and grip size without changing the issued serial number. The steel frame controls the rearward motion of the slide- not the polymer grip, as in other pistols. The result is both outstanding accuracy and reliable functionality even with laser/light accessories mounted to the polymer grip's accessory rail.
.......... not really sure where youre going with that one but yea i have read the ad so ummm thanks? i was just giving my personal impression of my P250.

mathar1

imported post

tdbarge wrote:
My wife's uncle has a 9mm P250 which I got to fire over thanksgiving. It handled very nicely, was as accurate as I could be for the 2 mags I put through it and functioned just fine.

However, as seems to be the semi-common theme, it had had problems before and it was returned from Sig a few days before we went shooting. I can't remember exactly what the issue was that required fixing. I think it may have been something to do with the extractor but am not sure, I might be thinking that because someone else mentioned it.

So, nice weapon, but has some bugs to be worked out, YMMV.

I sold a Sig P250 2SUM to a customer who bought some ammo and walked onto the range and it would not fire. The trigger assembly would not move the hammer period. This was a brand new system that had never been dis-assembled, touched or even had the slide racked except to clear the chamber plug. I know SIG quality and accuracy are legendary so even I think this is a fluke but it made me gun shy about the 250 series. We won't stock them any more but would order one if you wanted it. Sig makes a LOT better gun for the same amount of money IMO. YMMV.

jz12b

imported post

I have had my P250 Tactical 9 mmfor two months, have been to the range every week, and have not had a single instance where there was an issue with the feed, fire, or extraction -not to mention it is "dead on" accurate. Clearly there was an issue with this one firing assembly. Agreed, this issue never should have made it past Sig Quality control, but that is a problem with Sig, not with the model of the pistol. Lets lay blame where it is deserved. If there are QC issues at Sig, thenwe are going to start seeingissues with every model. I think the P250 is getting an undeserved amount of negative press because of the scrutiny that comes any time a company deviates from the norm.

Also, my buddy hashad the P250 in .40 for 2.5 years now, and like me, has never had an issue. Maybe we are the lucky two people to get the Sig P250 without any issues. Just trying to make the point that people like what they like. If anyone is considering the P250, don't be scared off by a couple of reported issues. If there was a serious problem affecting dozens of pistols, Sig would have issued a recall.

The P250 is a terrific DAO pistol. Everyone that has fired mine has commented on how comfortable it is in the hand, and how unbelievably smooth the trigger pull is. If DAO isn't for you, that's a completely different matter. I would take my P250 over a Glock any day