Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Ammo in NOVA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

If anyone is looking for ammo in a whole variety of calibers, manufacturers, and quality, Dicks in Manassas is the place to go. I just picked up 4 boxes of .45ACP and the guy mentioned he has a ton more. $20 a box for Remington. Not the cleanest powder in my Kimber, but Ill sacrifice.

I know some people have been looking for .40 as well, I saw at least one full shelf of several makes.
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    If anyone is looking for ammo in a whole variety of calibers, manufacturers, and quality, Dicks in Manassas is the place to go. I just picked up 4 boxes of .45ACP and the guy mentioned he has a ton more. $20 a box for Remington. Not the cleanest powder in my Kimber, but Ill sacrifice.

I know some people have been looking for .40 as well, I saw at least one full shelf of several makes.
    what SKU number? maybe my Dulles Dicks is selling same for same?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Remington 45Auto 04770? 06780
    Remington 30-06 04770 05460

Those are the two calibers I got today. The Walmart in Manassas caught me off guard with 06 actually in stock, but it was only $18. Got some real sweet 150gr to shoot out of my M1
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

Those are the two calibers I got today. The Walmart in Manassas caught me off guard with 06 actually in stock, but it was only $18. Got some real sweet 150gr to shoot out of my M1
    You guys are killing me.:shock:

I shot 600 rounds this week and I doubt I have more than $20.00 in it all.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

You guys are killing me.:shock:

I shot 600 rounds this week and I doubt I have more than $20.00 in it all.
    Hahaha youre killin me by rubbing it in dude. Care to reload for me? :P

Post imported post

The ammo at Dick's is really overpriced. I pay $4.75 per box for the same Wolf .223 that is $9.99 per box at Dick's.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    The ammo at Dick's is really overpriced. I pay $4.75 per box for the same Wolf .223 that is $9.99 per box at Dick's.
    I find that $20 a box for 45ACP is cheaper than $25+ at the range. So, even my limited and horrible math skills prove that my college fund doesnt disappear when I go to the range more than once a month.

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    I find that $20 a box for 45ACP is cheaper than $25+ at the range. So, even my limited and horrible math skills prove that my college fund doesnt disappear when I go to the range more than once a month.
    I pay $15 a box for Wolf .45, and I shoot that in my Kimber. I can't pay $20 a box with my college funds.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    I pay $15 a box for Wolf .45, and I shoot that in my Kimber. I can't pay $20 a box with my college funds.
    Oh god no... You put Wolf in a Kimber? :O

Totally curious though, every bit of WOLF 45ACP Ive seen has been made with steel cases that kill your chamber by marring and getting stuck. Now this is totally only what I have heard. I did find some WOLF back in August that was like $25 a box, but it was a haggard steel case.

Btw, youre up at Mason now arent you?

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

Totally curious though, every bit of WOLF 45ACP Ive seen has been made with steel cases that kill your chamber by marring and getting stuck. Now this is totally only what I have heard. I did find some WOLF back in August that was like $25 a box, but it was a haggard steel case.

Wolf is the only ammo I have ever shot through my Kimber. I've probably shot about 700 rounds. No problems at all.

Yep, I'll be starting at Mason on the 19th.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

Wolf is the only ammo I have ever shot through my Kimber. I've probably shot about 700 rounds. No problems at all.

Maybe Ill see you around sometime up there. I have a break here and there between classes.

I typically shoot American Eagle when I have the option, it burns the best in mine. I shoot a 5" though. Remington is decent, but thats as low as I go in quality really. I carry Federal Hydrashoks for my carry ammo and have put a few through the gun for function check. I would be very nervous about shooting wolf though. Ive heard a lot about the ammo not being loaded hot enough and slugs getting stuck in the barrel. Once again, just what Ive heard. Im glad you have had good luck with it though.

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

Maybe Ill see you around sometime up there. I have a break here and there between classes.

I typically shoot American Eagle when I have the option, it burns the best in mine. I shoot a 5" though. Remington is decent, but thats as low as I go in quality really. I carry Federal Hydrashoks for my carry ammo and have put a few through the gun for function check. I would be very nervous about shooting wolf though. Ive heard a lot about the ammo not being loaded hot enough and slugs getting stuck in the barrel. Once again, just what Ive heard. Im glad you have had good luck with it though.
    Cool...another OCDO member at GMU

As for Wolf, the steel used in their cases is mild steel, MUCH softer than the steel used to make firearms.

Post imported post

I still give it a :? kinda look when I see it. Like I said though, Im glad you do really well with it. My job allows me a little leeway to shoot more around the holidays. People need to buy the coke to mix with their rum ya know...

Post imported post

I'm sure I'll run into both of you eventually. I should have met up with nova by now either at an OC dinner or VCDL meeting, but every time I say I'm going I end up having something else come up at the last minute.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    I'm sure I'll run into both of you eventually. I should have met up with nova by now either at an OC dinner or VCDL meeting, but every time I say I'm going I end up having something else come up at the last minute.
    Maybe we can all get together up there in Fairfax or somewhere right before school. Mini OC lunch if you want. Even if everyone just wants to get some coffee. Im in Haymarket, so Im not too much further than you

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Maybe we can all get together up there in Fairfax or somewhere right before school. Mini OC lunch if you want. Even if everyone just wants to get some coffee. Im in Haymarket, so Im not too much further than you
    Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I've been to Haymarket about five times in the last week. My cousin just moved out there.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I've been to Haymarket about five times in the last week. My cousin just moved out there.
    Now all we need to do is get nova out here to PWC :P

Where did your cousin move to?

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:

Now all we need to do is get nova out here to PWC :P

Where did your cousin move to?
    It's in a new townhome community, I'm not sure of the name. As you get off at the Haymarket exit (coming from the east) you turn right, then you make a left at the first traffic light and it's right there.

Post imported post

Youre legit two lights down from me when youre at their house. Less than three minutes to my door. If you can pass the stringent Dominion Valley security of course

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    I still give it a :? kinda look when I see it. Like I said though, Im glad you do really well with it. My job allows me a little leeway to shoot more around the holidays. People need to buy the coke to mix with their rum ya know...
    I've shot over 400 rounds of wolf through my various Kimbers, with no visible detriment, and not a single bad round.

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    Youre legit two lights down from me when youre at their house. Less than three minutes to my door. If you can pass the stringent Dominion Valley security of course
    My buddy used to work there, I got to play golf a few times at DV when he was there. Do you play?

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    There's a place in University Mall right across from GMU, called Brion's Grille. VCDL President, myself, and a few other OCDO members (I think Ed, Fairfax1, ufcvt, Naked) OC'd there when PVC was speaking at a Libertarian event held there.
    Just an idea. If anyone wants to get together elsewhere that's fine with me, I've been known to make my way out to western PWC on a whim in the past .

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    There's a place in University Mall right across from GMU, called Brion's Grille. VCDL President, myself, and a few other OCDO members (I think Ed, Fairfax1, ufcvt, Naked) OC'd there when PVC was speaking at a Libertarian event held there.
    Just an idea. If anyone wants to get together elsewhere that's fine with me, I've been known to make my way out to western PWC on a whim in the past .
    Haha maybe before school starts. We can nail something down soon

hunter45 wrote:
    NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    My buddy used to work there, I got to play golf a few times at DV when he was there. Do you play?
    Oddly enough I dont! Its alright though, my house backs up to the 16th fairway. I can kinda go and whack a ball anytime I want in essence :P

Post imported post

Do you guys know if the Wal-Mart in Fair Lakes usually has .22 ammo in stock, and if so, how much does it cost? I've never bought .22 before, but will be soon because I just ordered a .22 conversion kit for my AR-15 today.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    Do you guys know if the Wal-Mart in Fair Lakes usually has .22 ammo in stock,
    It's been quite awhile. Last weekend I snagged some 9mm but other than that, nothing much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast