• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Bay Area Meet! Walnut Creek, CA 2/6/10 Saturday @ 11:00AM

Poblacht32

imported post

There's a lot of talk about the Open Carry Movement on www.claycord.com. It's a local blog in Concord with thousands of readers. Been around for a few years now and run by one guy who is a local. Some of the people who responded on there have made a lot of negative and positive comments. Some of them plan on being there at the next meet up inW.C.so hopefully they won't cause any problems.

brad9point0

imported post

Poblacht32 wrote:
There's a lot of talk about the Open Carry Movement on www.claycord.com. It's a local blog in Concord with thousands of readers. Been around for a few years now and run by one guy who is a local. Some of the people who responded on there have made a lot of negative and positive comments. Some of them plan on being there at the next meet up in W.C. so hopefully they won't cause any problems.

WOW! looks like we started a shit storm.... lol

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

dirtykoala

imported post

i hope they dont get hostile with us. if someonestarts a fight withme they may or may not get tazed.

:sarcasim: i think all of the "small penis, right-wing, gun-nut" comments are funny, mature and well founded statements from the antis. some of them had a good point though, what good is an unloaded gun? its gonna take 2-5 seconds to get it loaded, by that time you could have gotten on your phone, called 911, explained the situation and the location, and had several cops there to help you. :sarcasim:

brad9point0

imported post

HaHa yeah its VERY entertaining to read the uneducated posts. I was hoping for publicity to bring more people in but jesus, hope this works in our favor.

And would someone please tell me what a 91 magnum is. I am fairly well versed in firearms but I have yet to hear of a 91 magnum. I would actually like for someone to bring one lol

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

brad9point0

imported post

WOW! 230 comments on the claycord blog. =) looks like we should have quite a few attendees. Hopefully 20+

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Gundude

imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
HaHa yeah its VERY entertaining to read the uneducated posts. I was hoping for publicity to bring more people in but jesus, hope this works in our favor.

And would someone please tell me what a 91 magnum is. I am fairly well versed in firearms but I have yet to hear of a 91 magnum. I would actually like for someone to bring one lol

I would suggest if your fire it, hang on with both hands.

brad9point0

imported post

Gundude wrote:
brad9point0 wrote:

I thought my S&W500 had kick.... I think a 91 might need more then one person holding it haha

Gundude

imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
Gundude wrote:
brad9point0 wrote:

I thought my S&W500 had kick.... I think a 91 might need more then one person holding it haha
See muzzle brake

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
WOW! looks like we started a @#$% storm.... lol
dirtykoala wrote:
i hope they dont get hostile with us. if someonestarts a fight withme they may or may not get tazed.

Yes, this is a ready made @#$% storm. Due to the publicity that hassurfaced in the east bay area, I believe there is no doubt that there will be fairly strong interference in this activity by not just the local police, but anti-gunners who would like to make a point of making participants look bad.

There are anti's scheduling the moment that they dial 911 on openly armed individuals. Some will be contemplating instigating a physical confrontation, to illicit sympathy from bystanders. It has likely been brought to the attention of restaurant managment that UOCr's intend to be seated in their dining room and aredeciding what action they will take to ensure their customers are comfortable. The Walnut Creek PD is likely contemplating the issue of authorizing additional patrols during the UOC event and have breifed supervisors on as much information is available on the topic of firearms possession- and most likely getting it wrong if they are using certain departmental memos being copied and pasted as if it were 100% accurate. Media, having advance notice of a bay area gun story may take the opportunity to place a reporter nearby to grab a little evening news- perhaps call 911 to report MWAG so they can catch a police encounter on video...or sound bite a UOC'r with some radical right-wing-camo-zombie madness.Add to this the burden of new UOCprospects who have never carried in public before...

The @#$% storm in my view, is nearly a certainty. The low key and casual get together I was bragging about from last Saturday, will probably be impossible to achieve this time. I think everyone will need to bring their best game just to break even, let alone makeany inroadsintothe community. My hope is that I will have to eat my words.

Plus one hundred on Livermoron's suggestion to obtain a retention holster. It is mission critcal that retention and control of the firearm be maintained at the expense of comfort and profile.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:

:sarcasim: i think all of the "small penis, right-wing, gun-nut" comments are funny, mature and well founded statements from the antis. some of them had a good point though, what good is an unloaded gun? its gonna take 2-5 seconds to get it loaded, by that time you could have gotten on your phone, called 911, explained the situation and the location, and had several cops there to help you. :sarcasim:
ahahah

Yes seriously, it takes 2-5 seconds, whats another 10-15 minutes with a mad man on a killing spree on the loose? :lol:

chewy352

imported post

HAHA I just looked at plane tickets to fly up for the day. $120 round trip. Any one willing to pick me up and drop me off in Oakland. That is if the boss I mean my wife will let me.

brad9point0

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
HAHA I just looked at plane tickets to fly up for the day. $120 round trip. Any one willing to pick me up and drop me off in Oakland. That is if the boss I mean my wife will let me.

if you hop on BART (locked case) I'd pick you up at the walnut creek bart :)

chewy352

imported post

Well I just discussed it with the wife and unfortunately we can't afford the expense right now. Be careful and have a good lunch everyone.

chewy352

imported post

LOL thats a 16 hour round trip drive buddy. Ok any one from So Cal Want to carpool up to Walnut creek? In my car thats about 4 tanks of gas at $30-$40 per tank. So $40 each plus your food.

Gundude

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
LOL thats a 16 hour round trip drive buddy. Ok any one from So Cal Want to carpool up to Walnut creek? In my car thats about 4 tanks of gas at $30-$40 per tank. So $40 each plus your food.
Me thinks chewy is an action junkie. :lol:

JBURGII

imported post

brad9point0 wrote:

"They made it for him special. It's an eighty-eight magnum." from Johnny Dangerously

Gundude

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
brad9point0 wrote:

"They made it for him special. It's an eighty-eight magnum." from Johnny Dangerously
91 millimeter = 3.582 677 165 4 inch