• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's do this across Montana Wyoming and Idaho

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

No Problems at New Mexico Protest: There were plenty of handguns and rifles displayed at a tea party protest attended by several hundred people Saturday in Alamogordo, but no violence. The demonstration against the Obama administration and its policies was staged by the Otero Tea Party Patriots and a newly formed organization: the Alamogordo Second Amendment Task Force, which conducted a simultaneous open-carry event. "I don't like what the Democrats are doing to our country," said Jim Kizer, of Alamogordo, who carried a .444 Marlin and a holstered .41 Smith and Wesson Magnum. "I'm a Korean vet and I grew up in Alaska during World War II. I've fought Communists all my life, and now our government is being taken over by them. That's why I'm here." Kizer said his weapons weren't loaded. New Mexico law states that anyone over the age of 19 can openly carry a holstered firearm in most places… (I’m curious as to why Mr. Kizer left his firearms unloaded when it would at least have been legal for his handgun to be loaded; I’m not sure about New Mexico law on rifles.)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jan/03/tea-partiers-protest-obama-new-mexico/?feat=home_cube_position2
---