• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scott Brown (R) to replace Ted Kennedy in MA

semma77

imported post

Fellow Gun Owners,
I am surprised to find that there's no mention of the race between Scott Brown, Republican and Martha Coakley (far left of Ted Kennedy) for US Senate in Massachusetts. On Jan 20, 2010 Mass residents will be voting for the REPLACEMENT for Ted Kennedy. Scott is an excellent candidate who has gained significantly in the past 6 months. Please roll out the marketing machine and help get Scott Brown elected!

Please visit BrownforUSSenate.com

Scott'sa good man. A LT Col. in the Reserve, with excellent leadership skills. Martha Coakley is more alignedwith Nancy Pelosi.

The Donkey

imported post

From the Brown Website:

Gun issues
I support the Second Amendment and believe that citizens have the right to keep and bear arms as a basic constitutional liberty. I support safe and responsible gun ownership.

Meaning what?

semma77

imported post

My guess would be that he supports second amendment rights. Please consider the alternative with Coakley.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
From the Brown Website:

Gun issues
I support the Second Amendment and believe that citizens have the right to keep and bear arms as a basic constitutional liberty. I support safe and responsible gun ownership.

Meaning what?
I'll have to find a source but I've heard he supports reasonable restrictions on guns such as background checks and registration.

Prophet

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
From the Brown Website:

Gun issues

Meaning what?
I'll have to find a source but I've heard he supports reasonable restrictions on guns such as background checks and registration.

Two issues I have. First, his snippet about Gun Issues from his campaign page is both trite and lacking. As if he just cut and pasted the statement from a "How to win over gun owners for Dummies" book. Every other issue except for Death Penalty he goes on in great detail on what his support for those issues entails and how those issues speak to him personally. Contrarily, the gun issues is just that generic line that is supposed to whip us all into a tither that he's with us.

Now, if he's just playing his overwhelming 2A support close to the vest because he's running in Massachusetts, that is very political...but whether its Gillibrand political or sly like a fox political I do not yet know.

The second problem I may have is this nonsense about registration. If he wants to be for background checks Im ok with that...but if a person supports gun registration then they DO NOT support the second amendment.

So, how about instead of the lesser of two evils, we get some of the tea bag momentum and elect someone GOOD. Just sayin.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Prophet wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
From the Brown Website:

Gun issues

Meaning what?

Two issues I have. First, his snippet about Gun Issues from his campaign page is both trite and lacking. As if he just cut and pasted the statement from a "How to win over gun owners for Dummies" book. Every other issue except for Death Penalty he goes on in great detail on what his support for those issues entails and how those issues speak to him personally. Contrarily, the gun issues is just that generic line that is supposed to whip us all into a tither that he's with us.

Now, if he's just playing his overwhelming 2A support close to the vest because he's running in Massachusetts, that is very political...but whether its Gillibrand political or sly like a fox political I do not yet know.

The second problem I may have is this nonsense about registration. If he wants to be for background checks Im ok with that...but if a person supports gun registration then they DO NOT support the second amendment.

So, how about instead of the lesser of two evils, we get some of the tea bag momentum and elect someone GOOD. Just sayin.

I'm sorry, tea bag momentum?

Agreed on the other points.

semma77

imported post

Guys,

I think we are missing the point.We can debate the finer points of what makesthe perfect conservative. Even if Scott is not the perfect candidate, he's 100 TIMES better than the alternative.

Easy choice. My vote is for Brown. Anything else is a vote for "Typical Massachusetts, Politics as Usual."

-S

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

semma77 wrote:
Guys,

I think we are missing the point.  We can debate the finer points of what makes the perfect conservative.  Even if Scott is not the perfect candidate, he's 100 TIMES better than the alternative.

Easy choice.  My vote is for Brown.   Anything else is a vote for "Typical Massachusetts, Politics as Usual."

-S

I think we all agree there but even then, you still have to watch out for those that say one thing, get elected, and do something else. It happens all the time and to throw our support behind someone only to be back-stabbed is more painful than electing someone that we knew was against us. It is a matter of knowing where everyone stands and how they've acted on similar issues/policies in the past (if they have such a history).

semma77

imported post

Yes, we do agree. BTW, not sure if you've heard about how TOTALLY rediculous the Massachusetts Gun Laws are here. Martha Coakley and her gang of liberal thugs have systematically started to dismantle our right to bear arms by enforcement of a confusing, convoluted set of rules. It's brutal up here. All the while, we've got "shoot 'em if you got 'em" NH right next door. I'm 12 miles away from the border where you can basically own anything.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

semma77 wrote:
Yes, we do agree. BTW, not sure if you've heard about how TOTALLY rediculous the Massachusetts Gun Laws are here. Martha Coakley and her gang of liberal thugs have systematically started to dismantle our right to bear arms by enforcement of a confusing, convoluted set of rules. It's brutal up here. All the while, we've got "shoot 'em if you got 'em" NH right next door. I'm 12 miles away from the border where you can basically own anything.
Yeah, I've heard and have been keeping track of things on Youtube from some open carriers from Mass. and New Hampshire. Kentucky, I think is the finest example of what we need as far as gun ownership laws, or a lack of laws that is.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Keep in mind that the Democratic Party has been wholly taken over by the DemonRatz It is vitally important to get a Republican majority in both houses because committee chairmanships all go to the majority party, as does the power of subpoena and other important powers. These are now ALL held by the Ratz.

The Ratz are using their majority to block debate, to conduct public business in secret, even to egregiously violate the Senate's own rules on parliamentary procedure.

Senator whatzizname from Nebraska was persuaded to vote yes on Obamacare via an exemption for his state from additional Medicare costs resulting from Obamacare, (which has enraged many State governors). Landrieu from LA was bribed with 385 milion in funds which will assuredly be funnelled through her family's construction firms. This is not just "normal wheeling and dealing" it is out and out high-dollar graft.

The election of Scott Brown will do one very important thing to hold the line. It wll mean the end of the "filibuster proof majority" in the Senate and enable filibustering of all this nonsense. It will help hold the line until November when we absolutely MUST re-take at least one and very preferably both houses of Congress; and put a stop to this dangerous DemonRat attempt to establish a permanent dependence upon the Federal government and Federal control over the most intimate parts of every individual citizen's very existence.

The Donkey

imported post

Helping to elect a Republican who is luke warm on the second amendment would be pointless.

Republicans have only one answer to the real challenges of our time: "NO"

Go DemonRatz!

We-the-People

imported post

Bumpin it up CAUSE TEDDY'S SEAT WILL HAVE A REPUBLICAN BUTT IN IT once he's sworn in.

The people ahve spoken in a state that has put a liberal in that seat for HOW LONG?

We have a chance.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

e-mail from the wife; "The Republic is alive and well and flexed its muscles yesterday.
Take note pseudo ruling class, for the the second time in the history of this great country, the people of Massachusetts have thrown the tea over the side.
Yeeee-haaaa!"

A Libertarian candidate in MA has less ofthe same chance asa snowball in hell. If anything... 'twas the Independents who pulled this off.

We just witnessed the election to the Senate of a future President. A Republican JFK.

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
From the Brown Website:

Gun issues

Meaning what?
Meaning the Libertarian, Kennedy (no relation to the dead guy) was the only true gun rights candidate.