• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC.org adopt another street?

sempercarry

imported post

There is a section of Bridgeport in University Place near the Fred Meyer store that is up for adoption. It offers 30mph speed limits, stop lights and sidewalks, all elements that will let the public see more of who we are and what we are doing. Plus, it is in University Place which is a largely 2aoblivious. I think it would be great for us to adopt. Questions....Comments?

swatspyder

imported post

Man.. You just want me to go pick up trash, don't you. Bringing the cleanup to the city I live in... lol

That would be cool. You would get a lot of traffic from Lakewood, Tacoma, Gig Harbor and University Place.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I'm in...

We can't even get 4 people to show up for a pick that's done on the same day every month, what makes you think they'll show for a street?

tyguy808

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
I'm in...

We can't even get 4 people to show up for a pick that's done on the same day every month, what makes you think they'll show for a street?
Since the highway cleanup is shut down for now by the DOT, I need a new project.
You could try to make it to the May clean up in Whatcom County! Bring a friend or two or twelve!

Just Us

imported post

Interested in more information on Bridgeport area,keep us posted if anything comes up.

Thanks