• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TruWest Credit Union

protector84

imported post

The other day when I was making a transaction at TruWest, the lady mentioned that I can't bring my gun in the credit union. I asked her why because I have been carrying in there for years. She stated that they just put up a sign although I clearly didn't see any sign. I mentioned I have a CCW permit and asked if it would be a problem ifI CC in thecreditunion.I mentioned how I occasionally see people loitering in the parking lot and how I prefer protection when making cash withdrawals from my account. She stated that they have a "No Weapons" policy but as long as they don't see the gun it shouldn't be an issue. Any thoughts on this?

NY2AZ

imported post

First thing "I" would do would be to ask to speak with their manager/ supervisor. I would verify whether or not it is actual policy, and if so, make your displeasure known and mention your intent to cease doing business with their organization if they continue such practice. After that your on your own. It's actually never happenedto me, so i cant really help you all that much

kenpoprofessor

imported post

I went in to deposit some cash at the Chase branch on Bell and 18th Ave the other day and specifically asked the manager what the policy was. She has a policy of no guns but as far as I know, Chase doesn't. I went in CCing at the time and as long as she "thought" I didn't have a gun because I was asking about OCing, she didn't get weird. She did say AZ was a right to carry state but had her own policy for that branch, however, no signs stipulating that policy.

Sad thing is, I didn't have a choice about the switch from WAMU, they never had a problem with me OCing at any branch. Gotta find another bank now, just seems Chase is one of the few not closing their doors.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

protector84

imported post

I've also carried multiple times in Chase and never had a problem. I may eventually call TruWest and ask about the policy. The problem is that I'm often so busy I just didn't have the time to argue it with the teller at the counter. She didn't want to say I could CC in there but I basically bargained her into saying ok on it.

TOF

imported post

Bank of America has never had a problem with me open carrying a pistol.

Your Bank sounds like another good place to teach the sheep you have a right to open carry rifles and shotguns as well as handguns.

Enjoy

:celebrate

protector84

imported post

Recently when I was in my branch again and actually had time I brought the issue up again. They said that several members had complained about me carrying a gun. If true, that pisses me off because people need to seriously mind their f'ing business. The tellers were professional in their explanation but of course misguided. I mentioned to them that there is no sign and they insisted the sign was there and pointed to it. I read to them what the sign said and demonstrated that no where did it mention weapons. They explained that you can't carry in any financial institution. I explained that there is no state law that says that and they seemed to believe it was a federal law. I didn't want to argue with people who aren't the real decision makers so I sent an e-letter through their contact page asking what the official policy was. Again, I was professional about it, explained the laws, etc. I told them that if it was their policy they need to make that clear so that I and others can choose to take our buisness elsewhere to credit unions who do respect their members' rights to self-defense and Constitutional rights. We will see what happens.

If they don't clarify the policy, they don't have much legal ground to stand on. Without a posted sign, anyone can carry in there until told not to. Once they are told not to, they can simply go to another branch that also doesn't have the sign and do the same thing. Since people are members there they may have to clarify such policy in writing as well. Regardless, I CC in there anyway as one of the tellers said I could do that. Even then, I respect my safety over their policy. If the branch expects me to be making large cash deposits or withdrawls they either should allow me to carry a weapon or should provide security from and to the car.

RockyAcres

imported post

Hubby OCs in Chase on 22nd Street all the time; I OC in the Hughes FCU often as well. No problems...not even a mention of notice.

It'll be interesting to see what they say in response!

Pace

imported post

I use my CCW in my bank as my second ID :) Today they asked me what I was carrying

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
I went in to deposit some cash at the Chase branch on Bell and 18th Ave the other day and specifically asked the manager what the policy was. She has a policy of no guns but as far as I know, Chase doesn't. I went in CCing at the time and as long as she "thought" I didn't have a gun because I was asking about OCing, she didn't get weird. She did say AZ was a right to carry state but had her own policy for that branch, however, no signs stipulating that policy.

Sad thing is, I didn't have a choice about the switch from WAMU, they never had a problem with me OCing at any branch. Gotta find another bank now, just seems Chase is one of the few not closing their doors.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
It isn't even an option to OC in the WAMU I used to hold an account in, and I closed my accounts there for other disreputable practices that Chase has.

I don't have a Bank anymore. They just can't be trusted.

protector84

imported post

Good news. I heard back from corporate and sure enough there is no policy. They apologized and said that I can carry in branches in accordance with the laws where the branch is located. It sounds to me like the branch manager of that branch is anti-gun and wanted to throw her superiority around. This reminded me of something similar at a Denny's one time. Suddenly they put up a "No Weapons" sign after the guns-in-bars law passed. I complained about the sign to several employees and a manager. Not only is the sign nowgone but several people have OCed in there.