• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT / Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

amzbrady

imported post

Wow, post one comment "for" guns, and they take your posting privilage away. Talk about one sided.Not only do they want to take away our 2nd, but they are deleting our 1st. Have talked to a few that this has happened to. Just for funsign up, and post something and see if you can beat the day and a half mymy post lasted.

http://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Brady Bunch, VPC, and other anti-gun organizations are extentions of the anti-capitalist/anti-constitution/Marxist. Don't expect them to honor anyone elses right to free speech but there own.

grishnav

imported post

Wonder what would happen if someone on the concealed carry fan page picked a day for everyone there to join the brady fan page and post a pro-freedom comment...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Geesh, and all the anti-gunners I debate with onlinealways claim that they are the MAJORITY and that all us gun totin neanderthals are the minority.

I wonder if they've figured out a way to distort their gruop list numbers like they do all their other data?

jbone

imported post

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts

I love theNumber's they flasharound, and leaving out the more recent non-polical paid studies.

What do we know more about the U.S. Numbers they claim?

"An independent 2008 study on the effects of the firearm buybacks by Dr Wang-Sheng Lee and Dr Sandy Suardi of Melbourne University’s Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research studied the data with more sophisticated methods and concluded: "Despite the fact that several researchers using the same data have examined the impact of the NFA on firearm deaths, a consensus does not appear to have been reached. In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the NFA. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates."[suP][40][/suP]

Dr Lee and Dr Suardi received criticism about their findings from anti-gun groups. However, the researchers said they had no vested interest in the findings and that the facts speak for themselves.[suP][41][/suP]

In early 2009 this was followed by a paper from research at the Australian Institute of Suicide Prevention at Griffith University which concluded:

"The implemented restrictions may not be responsible for the observed reductions in firearms suicide. Data suggest that a change in social and cultural attitudes could have contributed to the shift in method preference"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

swatspyder

imported post

Okay... So I thought I'd go fishing for answers to the Criminals For Gun Control video from the Brady Campaign's fan base on Facebook lol!

How long until they ban me from the fan page?...

watch
facebookbradycampaignto.png

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Brady Bunch will probably be stumbling all over themselves trying to contact the criminal organizations that "sponsored" that video. They'll want to get them on board. LOL :lol:

amzbrady

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Okay... So I thought I'd go fishing for answers to the Criminals For Gun Control video from the Brady Campaign's fan base on Facebook lol!

How long until they ban me from the fan page?...

watch

You disguised it as something to ban guns, they probably wont catch on that it says criminals, all they will see is ban guns. I posted...something like on ceasefire.

swatspyder

imported post

If they look at the comments that I left when they go to write something. They probably won't have many good answers.

The true answer is no one can stop them. If they don't purchase the pistol, a tool like a knife, baseball bat, axe, or rock, from a FFL or a private seller at a gun show, they will steal it or buy one on the streets (which is the majority of the way they purchase one, the streets) [http://www.forcescience.org/fsinews/2006/12/new-findings-from-fbi-about-cop-attackers-their-weapons/].Criminals do not follow ANY laws that are put in place. They do not care about what laws are passed. They are criminals, by definition: "guilty of crime or serious offense."

amzbrady

imported post

yea, they booted me because I threw facts against their cause and for gun rights, right in their face. God forbid if someone gets the truth on their site.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was banned from posting on the Tennessian web site, apparently for challenging the anti-gun people that commented on various articles concerning gun laws. I must have thrown too many facts out there for everyone to see. Mentioning OC quite a bit probably didn't help either.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Maybe a couple letters to the editor outlining how their page is only for the expression of points of view that fit their agenda.

swatspyder

imported post

And... deleted by them again.

Third time's the charm? :?

Nope.... Just temporarily banned me... I just rejoined as a fan? Can't post anything...

Someone else become a fan of that group and post what is between the brackets.

{
What are you going to do about
the people who carry short swords and knives around? What about the
criminals who buy guns on the streets? What about that axe, hatchet or
baseball bat that they are going to beat people to death with? Are you
going to ban those tools too? Article II is "A well regulated
Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of
the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Definitions of militia on the Web:
*civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army
*the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for
military service; "their troops were untrained militia"; "Congress
shall have power to provide for calling forth the militia"--United
States Constitution
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsKzdKNAmo
}

Trigger Dr

imported post

One might also suggest a new slogan for their use "I reject reality and substitute my own"

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Maybe a couple letters to the editor outlining how their page is only for the expression of points of view that fit their agenda.
I'm sure they're well aware of their total bias. Their idea of free speech is that everyone has A right to excercise free speech as long as the sentiments expressed do not conflict with theirs.

amzbrady

imported post

I wonder if FACEBOOK itself has any rules about Public campaigns discriminating? Anyone know a reporter? Can we do some advertising for them? Have the Whole OC community "all states" sign up and start posting until we have all been banned?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I wonder if FACEBOOK itself has any rules about Public campaigns discriminating? Anyone know a reporter? Can we do some advertising for them? Have the Whole OC community "all states" sign up and start posting until we have all been banned?
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities

This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") derives from the Facebook Principles, and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Facebook. By using or accessing Facebook, you agree to this Statement.

3. Safety

We do our best to keep Facebook safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:

10. You will not use Facebook to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.