• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT / Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

swatspyder

imported post

My private message to a few members of that fan page:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/

What are you going to do about the people who carry short swords and knives around? What about the criminals who buy guns on the streets? What about an axe, hatchet or baseball bat that they are going to beat people to death with? Are you going to advocate banning those tools?

Words on paper do not stop criminals from killing people; obtaining firearms, knives or blunt objects.

Article II is "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Definitions of militia on the Web:
*civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army
*the entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service; "their troops were untrained militia"; "Congress shall have power to provide for calling forth the militia"--United States Constitution
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

1st Person:
That kind of talk is exactly what annoys me the most. I don't care if you carry a gun or how many you have. it's the guy with a history of mental illness ( see Virginia-tech Massacre shooting) who can buy a few auto and semi automatic guns with so much as a quick back ground check. I'm not talking about keeping people with a few DWIs from getting a 9mm, I'm talking about severely f***ED up people from getting a MAC 10 and going off and killing 25 people. I am totally for gun rights....but SMART gun rights. I mean, there is a reason in most states you can't get a DL before you're 16...we don't want 10,11. and 12 yo kids on the freeway. think about that before you go off and bash the words of a mother who lost a child in a school shooting. like I said...I'm all for gun rights...but SMART gun rights...and i know there are plenty of gun advocates who agree they don't want just joe anybody getting their hands on an arsenal without a few questions

2nd Person:
No one said anything about banning anything, so I am not sure to what you are referring.

They must not have read or comprehended this line: Words on paper do not stop criminals from killing people; obtaining firearms, knives or blunt objects.

I sent the message to 10 people. 2 responses so far.

My reply to them
:
If you are up for good debating and exchanging truthful information and not propaganda, sign up at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/ or http://www.defensivecarry.com and ask questions from the thousands of gun carrying members on each board. You will be enlightened by the fact that we all want to be safe. The question is, how long does it take people to realize that no one can keep firearms out of the hands of a criminal in society? The only way possible is to keep them locked up in prison. Otherwise, they are free to buy one on the street.

jbone

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Posted 1/5/2009, 8:15pm:

Center for Disease Control Firearms Related Deaths Alarming Statistics!

These statistics by the US CDC prove the effects of efforts by groups such as the Brady Campaign. Please view these statistics quickly, because this group does not want you to see them:

Source: http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcaus10.html

REAL STATISTICS this group will not show you!
BTW, now you all know who I am. Oh well.....
Unless I added wrong or did'nt use the Brady calulator:

Homicide firearm all ages 2006 14, 648

Sucicde firearmall ages 2006 16,883

Far crie from thier over 107,000

All ages Heart Disease, 631.636 in 2006. Maybe the boobs should shift thier resources to banning heart disease, or curing it.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I responded to this post we'll see how long it stays up.

On the funny side my wife gota notice I joint the Brady Campaign on Facebook, she thought I had fell ill or gone daft.

NavyLT wrote:
Here's another one posted by someone else just before mine:

Jonathon Harris 12.5 million guns sold in 2008 and the murder rate for the US dropped 10%....interesting