Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Interesting Article I just came across.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    San Jose, California, USA
    Posts
    121

    Post imported post

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...of-Europe.html

    Seems that violent crime in England is almost 430% higher then in the United States.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    England and all the other UK segments.

    Guess I won't be going there without diplomatic immunity and a few firearms. Unless they reverse genocide-level victim disarmament or the U.S. invades and restores their Bill of Rights and Magna Carta.

    A shame, there's a place in Northern Ireland with my last name.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area, ,
    Posts
    78

    Post imported post

    I travel to Ireland and Northern Irelandabout every2 years.I'll be going back to Ireland in a few months for vacation. I feel safer over there than I do here!

    I've been all over Ireland and the North in the neighborhoods that the IRA used to run in Belfastand still felt safe. The Police in Ireland don't even carry weapons on them! They do in Northern Ireland though. I don't think people in Ireland or the U.K. are even allowed to purchase firearms but I could be wrong.

    Ireland and the U.K. though has their share of crime just like over here. It's no different. I felt safer in Belfast 6 years ago when there were Irish Terrorists running around planning operations than I would in Oakland or Richmond for that matter!



  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , California, USA
    Posts
    560

    Post imported post

    Poblacht32 wrote:
    I travel to Ireland and Northern Irelandabout every2 years.I'll be going back to Ireland in a few months for vacation. I feel safer over there than I do here!

    I've been all over Ireland and the North in the neighborhoods that the IRA used to run in Belfastand still felt safe. The Police in Ireland don't even carry weapons on them! They do in Northern Ireland though. I don't think people in Ireland or the U.K. are even allowed to purchase firearms but I could be wrong.

    Ireland and the U.K. though has their share of crime just like over here. It's no different. I felt safer in Belfast 6 years ago when there were Irish Terrorists running around planning operations than I would in Oakland or Richmond for that matter!

    So, in light of the information that the violent crime rates aresignificantlyhigher, you still felt safer and continue to do so? Why? Also, your feeling of being safer doesn't seem to equate to actually being safer...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Folsom, , USA
    Posts
    389

    Post imported post

    NightOwl wrote:
    Poblacht32 wrote:
    I travel to Ireland and Northern Irelandabout every2 years.I'll be going back to Ireland in a few months for vacation. I feel safer over there than I do here!

    I've been all over Ireland and the North in the neighborhoods that the IRA used to run in Belfastand still felt safe. The Police in Ireland don't even carry weapons on them! They do in Northern Ireland though. I don't think people in Ireland or the U.K. are even allowed to purchase firearms but I could be wrong.

    Ireland and the U.K. though has their share of crime just like over here. It's no different. I felt safer in Belfast 6 years ago when there were Irish Terrorists running around planning operations than I would in Oakland or Richmond for that matter!

    So, in light of the information that the violent crime rates aresignificantlyhigher, you still felt safer and continue to do so? Why? Also, your feeling of being safer doesn't seem to equate to actually being safer...
    Yes I have to agree, I'm not going to feel safe unless I am armed.

    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarms only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes... They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides..." -Thomas Jefferson, 1764


  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sebastopol, California, USA
    Posts
    710

    Post imported post

    NightOwl wrote:
    Poblacht32 wrote:
    I travel to Ireland and Northern Irelandabout every2 years.I'll be going back to Ireland in a few months for vacation. I feel safer over there than I do here!

    I've been all over Ireland and the North in the neighborhoods that the IRA used to run in Belfastand still felt safe. The Police in Ireland don't even carry weapons on them! They do in Northern Ireland though. I don't think people in Ireland or the U.K. are even allowed to purchase firearms but I could be wrong.

    Ireland and the U.K. though has their share of crime just like over here. It's no different. I felt safer in Belfast 6 years ago when there were Irish Terrorists running around planning operations than I would in Oakland or Richmond for that matter!

    So, in light of the information that the violent crime rates aresignificantlyhigher, you still felt safer and continue to do so? Why? Also, your feeling of being safer doesn't seem to equate to actually being safer...
    Well, he's talking mostly about Ireland. The article is about the UK. They are different countries. Yes, Northern Ireland is still part of the UK, but culturally it's quite different. It would be interesting to see the crime rate statistics for Belfast vs London.



  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area, ,
    Posts
    78

    Post imported post

    Well I just found out today that I'll be able to get my CCW Permit here in Contra Costa County! A friend just got his through a family friend who has connections to the Sheriff's Office out here in Contra Costa County. I don't know if he's retired from there or what. I was offered a CCW Permit about 6 yrs. ago by the Sheriff's Dept. but never followed through at the time. I applied with the Concord Police over a year ago and was denied.

    I haven't got all the specifics yet but I think in the end it's going to cost me over $300 with the fees and class I have to take.

  8. #8
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748

    Post imported post

    Poblacht32 wrote:
    Well I just found out today that I'll be able to get my CCW Permit here in Contra Costa County!
    Pssssshhhhh. How exactly did you swing that deal? Or are the barriers to entry falling down in NorCal now that we have more people UOCing?

    Of course, if you get your CCW, you know you have to open carry loaded and then when a police officer asks to do the 12031(e) check you can begin talking like a rich Englishman and say, "It doesn't matter if I am loaded or unloaded my dear. For you see, I am untouchable." Then put on your monocle and top hat and begin sipping your tea.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    bigtoe416 wrote:
    Poblacht32 wrote:
    Well I just found out today that I'll be able to get my CCW Permit here in Contra Costa County!
    Pssssshhhhh. How exactly did you swing that deal? Or are the barriers to entry falling down in NorCal now that we have more people UOCing?

    Of course, if you get your CCW, you know you have to open carry loaded and then when a police officer asks to do the 12031(e) check you can begin talking like a rich Englishman and say, "It doesn't matter if I am loaded or unloaded my dear. For you see, I am untouchable." Then put on your monocle and top hat and begin sipping your tea.
    LOL

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area, ,
    Posts
    78

    Post imported post

    No thanks I'm Irish! It's against the law for me to speak like an Englishman LOL!!!

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,052

    Post imported post

    Rusty wrote:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...of-Europe.html

    Seems that violent crime in England is almost 430% higher then in the United States.
    That's just beautiful.

    And lets be clear, not just England, but the entire United Kingdom.

    HEY BRITISH FOLK! How's that no gun policy working for ya? Guess they're gluttons for punishment. They must like getting raped, maimed, and murdered.

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,052

    Post imported post

    Rusty wrote:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...of-Europe.html

    Seems that violent crime in England is almost 430% higher then in the United States.
    That's just beautiful.

    And lets be clear, not just England, but the entire United Kingdom.

    HEY BRITISH FOLK! How's that no gun policy working for ya? Guess they're gluttons for punishment. They must like getting raped, maimed, and murdered. It's a big enough probelm here in America and I thought we were taking up the arse here. Well maybe we are but the UK appears to be getting gang-banged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •