• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Article I just came across.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

England and all the other UK segments.

Guess I won't be going there without diplomatic immunity and a few firearms. Unless they reverse genocide-level victim disarmament or the U.S. invades and restores their Bill of Rights and Magna Carta.

A shame, there's a place in Northern Ireland with my last name.

Poblacht32

imported post

I travel to Ireland and Northern Irelandabout every2 years.I'll be going back to Ireland in a few months for vacation. I feel safer over there than I do here!

I've been all over Ireland and the North in the neighborhoods that the IRA used to run in Belfastand still felt safe. The Police in Ireland don't even carry weapons on them! They do in Northern Ireland though. I don't think people in Ireland or the U.K. are even allowed to purchase firearms but I could be wrong.

Ireland and the U.K. though has their share of crime just like over here. It's no different. I felt safer in Belfast 6 years ago when there were Irish Terrorists running around planning operations than I would in Oakland or Richmond for that matter!

NightOwl

imported post

Poblacht32 wrote:
I travel to Ireland and Northern Irelandabout every2 years.I'll be going back to Ireland in a few months for vacation. I feel safer over there than I do here!

I've been all over Ireland and the North in the neighborhoods that the IRA used to run in Belfastand still felt safe. The Police in Ireland don't even carry weapons on them! They do in Northern Ireland though. I don't think people in Ireland or the U.K. are even allowed to purchase firearms but I could be wrong.

Ireland and the U.K. though has their share of crime just like over here. It's no different. I felt safer in Belfast 6 years ago when there were Irish Terrorists running around planning operations than I would in Oakland or Richmond for that matter!
So, in light of the information that the violent crime rates aresignificantlyhigher, you still felt safer and continue to do so? Why? Also, your feeling of being safer doesn't seem to equate to actually being safer...

Streetbikerr6

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Poblacht32 wrote:

So, in light of the information that the violent crime rates aresignificantlyhigher, you still felt safer and continue to do so? Why? Also, your feeling of being safer doesn't seem to equate to actually being safer...
Yes I have to agree, I'm not going to feel safe unless I am armed.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarms only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes... They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides..." -Thomas Jefferson, 1764

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Poblacht32 wrote:

Well, he's talking mostly about Ireland. The article is about the UK. They are different countries. Yes, Northern Ireland is still part of the UK, but culturally it's quite different. It would be interesting to see the crime rate statistics for Belfast vs London.

Poblacht32

imported post

Well I just found out today that I'll be able to get my CCW Permit here in Contra Costa County! A friend just got his through a family friend who has connections to the Sheriff's Office out here in Contra Costa County. I don't know if he's retired from there or what. I was offered a CCW Permit about 6 yrs. ago by the Sheriff's Dept. but never followed through at the time. I applied with the Concord Police over a year ago and was denied.

I haven't got all the specifics yet but I think in the end it's going to cost me over $300 with the fees and class I have to take.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Poblacht32 wrote:
Well I just found out today that I'll be able to get my CCW Permit here in Contra Costa County!
Pssssshhhhh. How exactly did you swing that deal? Or are the barriers to entry falling down in NorCal now that we have more people UOCing?

Of course, if you get your CCW, you know you have to open carry loaded and then when a police officer asks to do the 12031(e) check you can begin talking like a rich Englishman and say, "It doesn't matter if I am loaded or unloaded my dear. For you see, I am untouchable." Then put on your monocle and top hat and begin sipping your tea.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Poblacht32 wrote:
Well I just found out today that I'll be able to get my CCW Permit here in Contra Costa County!
Pssssshhhhh. How exactly did you swing that deal? Or are the barriers to entry falling down in NorCal now that we have more people UOCing?

Of course, if you get your CCW, you know you have to open carry loaded and then when a police officer asks to do the 12031(e) check you can begin talking like a rich Englishman and say, "It doesn't matter if I am loaded or unloaded my dear. For you see, I am untouchable." Then put on your monocle and top hat and begin sipping your tea.
LOL

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Rusty wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5712573/UK-is-violent-crime-capital-of-Europe.html

Seems that violent crime in England is almost 430% higher then in the United States.

That's just beautiful.

And lets be clear, not just England, but the entire United Kingdom.

HEY BRITISH FOLK! How's that no gun policy working for ya? Guess they're gluttons for punishment. They must like getting raped, maimed, and murdered. It's a big enough probelm here in America and I thought we were taking up the arse here. Well maybe we are but the UK appears to be getting gang-banged.