• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10-year sentence sought in straw-buyer gun case

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Remember The Scarlet Letter? How about a big black 'T' tattooed (tattoos are so in) on a convicted thugs forehead?

Obviously no one remembers The Red Badge of Courage. Hoo Ah!

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ Goddamn the Obamination and its teeth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Badge_of_Courage#Plot_summary Hoo Ah!

buster81

imported post

Remember The Scarlet Letter? How about a big black 'T' tattooed (tattoos are so in) on a convicted thugs forehead?

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ Goddamn the Obamination and its teeth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Badge_of_Courage#Plot_summary Hoo Ah!
If I was to guess, this state researcher doesn't think the straw purchaser did anything wrong.

Pagan

imported post

I wonder if the two victims were not LEO's, would we even being hearing about this story?

This guy obtained a weapon for a violent thug, that admitted wanting to perform illegal acts with this weapon. His mental abilities are obviouslybelow normal. It does not seem that this man was in the business of getting weapons for crooks, on a regular basis, so as to make a profitor anything.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Or the quixotic puppeteer is addressing a straw-stalking-horse hag-ridden by his sockpuppet.

Or the Master of Trolls has finally revealed theroot cause ofhis nonsensical, incomprehensible ramblings and OCD-like repetition of a few simple (minded) phrases...

Perhaps he is alluding to an incident where he forgot to take his meds, bumped his headand incurred further dementia....

It is worth noting that the Master of Trolls reverts to insultsin a feeble attempt tomask his ineptnessinmature intelligible conversation. Instead of communicating like a rational adult, he instead chooses to make every thread personal. I apologize to everyone else for my stooping to your level. Sometimes though, it is appropriate to call an azzhat such as yourself an azzhat.

You are an azzhat Doug. Plain and simple. How about postingin a manor which reflects your mature age instead of acting like one of your great grandchildren (if you are blessed enough to have them)? People are going to disagree with you. Deal with it. A self proclaimed educated Veteran such as yourself who is old enough to retire should not be setting such a poor example for public discourse.

You accuse others of hiding behind screen names. The factsof the matter are that everyone knows our real names and you are the one hiding behind your keyboard instead of leaving the relative anonymity of the island and coming out to the OC events. You are holding no moral high ground. None.

Our movement is about changing public perception regarding the Carry of Firearms. Normalizing firearms in public is the goal. It seems that you are not interested in working towards this goal and instead are more interested in playing your simple little games of spewing insults and adding to the divisions which are thriving just fine on their own. This may be just a game to you, but we are trying to actually accomplish something.

buster81

imported post

Or the quixotic puppeteer is addressing a straw-stalking-horse hag-ridden by his sockpuppet.

Could you put this in english? Do you think the original purchaser of this gun did anything wrong?

imported post

If a felon may properly be disbarred his rights under color of law then we can all be legally disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of felony as is being done in this case.

It is a short step of the imagination to making felon of all whose hands the gun passed through, from the registered original purchaser, through all middlemen, to the victim of the theft that puts the gun in the alleged felon's hands.

Second post in this thread.

buster81

imported post

If a felon may properly be disbarred his rights under color of law then we can all be legally disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of felony as is being done in this case.

It is a short step of the imagination to making felon of all whose hands the gun passed through, from the registered original purchaser, through all middlemen, to the victim of the theft that puts the gun in the alleged felon's hands.

Second post in this thread.

I was thinking you could answer without a tag line. Are you saying that making a straw purchase should not be illegal?

There was no theft in this case, the gun was sold to the alleged felon.

imported post

Laws abide only the law abiding.

buster81

imported post

As expected. No realanswer without a pointy headed slogan.I'll go back to the internal ignore feature for all state researchers.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

If the Second Amendment was followed to the letter, then there is no crime, other than one person shooting two people, none of the other BS applies.

If the 1968 Gun Control Act based on the Nazis German 1938 Gun Control Act, was not on the books, then there is no crime, other than one person shooting two people, none of the other BS applies.

The Country is brain washed just like many of you on this thread, other wise you would have not made the statements you made but would have been calling for the U.S. Constitution Second Amendment to be followed and the 1968 Nazis Gun Control Act in the USA to be declared illegal since it violates the Second Amendment.

If a person is convicted of a felony, then serves their time and whatever else, then they are done with a that felony crap and should be able to have the same Rights as you and I under the U.S. Constitution, therefore the law that says formerly convicted felons cannot have guns is illegal and pure BS.

If you do not agree, then I suggest you read the U.S. Constitution word for word, not your opinion of what you think it says.

P.S. Just for the record, all murders, rapist, robbery, child molster, theft of vehicles and horses and mules, any theft over $2000, drug "saler's and runner's", and any public servant hired, appointed, and/or elected that violates the U.S. Constitution or their State Constitution should be hung by the neck until dead on the Courthouse Square in full public view during daylight hours and left hanging for at least 72 hours unless the hanging position is needed to hang someone else, then the body should be dumped in a garbage dump.

imported post

buster81 wrote:
I think it's an interesting topic to discuss. I guesscut and paste isn't really"discuss" though :quirky.
To discuss first you must read and understand, Buster, so I repeated, "cut and paste[d]", my previously posted retorts that you obviously just kind'a skimmed over.

Just because your understanding is lagging doesn't mean that the rest should wait for you to catch up. That's preaching to the lowest denomination and killing our culture.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:

Or the Master of Trolls has finally revealed theroot cause ofhis nonsensical, incomprehensible ramblings and OCD-like repetition of a few simple (minded) phrases...

Perhaps he is alluding to an incident where he forgot to take his meds, bumped his headand incurred further dementia....

It is worth noting that the Master of Trolls reverts to insultsin a feeble attempt tomask his ineptnessinmature intelligible conversation. Instead of communicating like a rational adult, he instead chooses to make every thread personal. I apologize to everyone else for my stooping to your level. Sometimes though, it is appropriate to call an azzhat such as yourself an azzhat.

You are an azzhat Doug. Plain and simple. How about postingin a manor which reflects your mature age instead of acting like one of your great grandchildren (if you are blessed enough to have them)? People are going to disagree with you. Deal with it. A self proclaimed educated Veteran such as yourself who is old enough to retire should not be setting such a poor example for public discourse.

You accuse others of hiding behind screen names. The factsof the matter are that everyone knows our real names and you are the one hiding behind your keyboard instead of leaving the relative anonymity of the island and coming out to the OC events. You are holding no moral high ground. None.

Our movement is about changing public perception regarding the Carry of Firearms. Normalizing firearms in public is the goal. It seems that you are not interested in working towards this goal and instead are more interested in playing your simple little games of spewing insults and adding to the divisions which are thriving just fine on their own. This may be just a game to you, but we are trying to actually accomplish something.
It is spelled DOUG IS AN ASS-HAT