• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire..

jeremy05

imported post

extinguishers! How come when I bought this nobody asked how come I need a fire extinguisher? I could have said " the same reason I carry a gun, when I need one helps only minutes away!" I don't have time to wait! :lol:

lil_freak_66

imported post

love using that debate!

usually shuts most of them up,and has had a few reconsider how they view the 2nd amendment.

i got a liberal school buddy of mine to try it,now he supports the 2A fully.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
seatbelts work pretty good to. -- Dont plan on using it today, but Im wearing it anyhow, just like my gun.
Yeah they do, but the problem with that analogy is that they're required by law....it just doesn't have the same ring to it anymore.

maustin195

imported post

How about smoke detectors in your home. Locks on the doors,or an alarm on your car.

SlowDog

imported post

Had a guy in a truck stop a few weeks back say to me that he doesn't see a need to have a gun for protection. I played him the whole 30+ minutes of that 911 call from Oklahoma. I showed him where the man was in the house and dead 10 minutes before LEO's showed up. I also told him I carry or keep a loaded gun handy in & around my home and he thought that was plain crazy till I showed him countless news articles of people attacked in their yards doing yard work or answering the door bell....he was shocked and wanted to know why he hadn't heard of any of this on the news because he watches CNN every night.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

PT111

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
extinguishers! How come when I bought this nobody asked how come I need a fire extinguisher? I could have said " the same reason I carry a gun, when I need one helps only minutes away!" I don't have time to wait! :lol:
Very few people get killed by the improper use of fire extinguishers. With that said many halon fire extinguisheres were banned because of possible health hazards. So probably no one would say anything about a fire extinguisher unless it is a halon version then you may not be able to carry it around without questions being asked.

manicdevery

imported post

I like the seatbelt analogy, if used improperly they can't do more harm than good ie. toddlers. but just like my gun, don't want to use it, but would rather use it and be alive than to not have it and not be able to discuss useful information on this forum with all the responsible/great people i meet here. :D

Devery