• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I informed LBPD of my where and when

eraseallhope

imported post

im not trying to hurt any ones feelings, but when you say dumb stuff to me, your most likely gunna get a ear full of crap from me..

I stand up for myself, right or wrong.

So if anyone wants to talk down on me like im a dumb a$$

I'll just have to get in your face about it.

We all have a common goal, but we all live different lives and cant agree on everything.

So if you dont like it... like i said.. DONT DO IT

coolusername2007

imported post

Eraseallhope, many here have done what you did, even me. I called my local LEA to find out if they were aware of the legalities of UOC as I didn't care to have guns drawn on me. I was told basically the same thing, don't UOC because you will get called on and you will have guns drawn on you, and you will be face down on the ground and cuffed. Everybody, even me, quickly learned to stop talking to the LEA's and LEO's and just legally UOC while following many guidelines and suggestions. No need to get so defensive about the whole thing.

eraseallhope

imported post

I apologize..

Just tried to tell everyone a amusing story. Didn't mean to start a debate or make anyone look like an a$$.

Can a mod please lock or close this thread

PincheOgro1

imported post

Hey I AGREE with what you say. His answersdid sound antagonistic. To test the waters here in Perris, I am going to OC just to a local Chevron to get gas. I just want to know if it is legal to OC in a vehicle. PC 12025 talks about concealed weapons in a car. What I understand is PC 12026.1 and 12026.2 are exemptions to PC 12025. Yet it doesn't say that you can open carry in a vehicle. If you have to lock up your weapon in a case, or in the trunk, when you get in a car... It kinda defeats the purpose of OPEN CARRY.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Hey I AGREE with what you say. His answersdid sound antagonistic. To test the waters here in Perris, I am going to OC just to a local Chevron to get gas. I just want to know if it is legal to OC in a vehicle. PC 12025 talks about concealed weapons in a car. What I understand is PC 12026.1 and 12026.2 are exemptions to PC 12025. Yet it doesn't say that you can open carry in a vehicle. If you have to lock up your weapon in a case, or in the trunk, when you get in a car... It kinda defeats the purpose of OPEN CARRY.

His call did not seem antagonistic, just the comments toward other members seemed a bit off base. Though yes it is legal to OC in a car. Although make sure you really learn the law on open carry. Obviously do not drive within 1000 feet of a school zone while OC'ing.

Since 12025f states open carry does not count as concealed carry, then 12026.1 and 12026.2 have no standing on open carry either.

(f) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed
within the meaning of this section.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

For me, this is where the quoted conversation crossed the line into down right funny:
LEO: "what kind of vehical will you be driving?"

Me: If i'm on foot in wal-mart why would you need to know that? Are you going to follow me around after this? why do you need all this information, im sure if an officer comes into contact with me he will be able to find out in his investigation

LEO: "we'll you arent being straight forward with me so i'm just trying to figure out what your planning on doing and everything."

Me: I'm planning to lawfully shop at my local wal-mart and just thought i would try to work with my local police department to make things a little smoother when you do get a MWAG call, maybe we can handle thinigs a little different and you would know the person you are responding to isnt an immediate threat.
eraseallhope, I think you were ok to call the police and let them know, you should have gone ahead and carried anyway. I will say this though, I saw the video of the LAPD detaining and harrassing the legal UOCer's and it is ridiculous that they are telling people to call the police to let them know when they will be out UOCing. That is none of their business other tha, if called or upon interaction, they can in the absence of any crime or violation, check the firearm to see whether or not it is loaded. They can not detain you to check the firearm and once it is checked they must leave you alone unless there is someother legitimate reason.

I say, don't call them. If a citizen is concerned and calls the police, that is their business. If police come out, that is their duty, if police check the gun to see if it is loaded that is also their prerogative and is not mandatory but if an officer wishes to do so, they can. If the concerned citizen is smart enough to stick around to monitor the situation, they will learn that it is infact legal, however, they may continue to call police when they see a UOCer. So be it. None of this gives anyone permission to trample any person's rights.

PincheOgro1

imported post

Hey StreetBiker,

appreciate your input regarding PC 12025, 12026.1 and 12026.2.

HOWEVER, regarding the other fellow that called the police station to inform them that he was going to go to the local Walmart OCing, I am not the only person that thought some of his answers to the cops questions were antagonistic. Smart alec at least. If he called them to tell them what he was going to do, he should have been straight forward with them regarding everything else. Otherwise he should not have called them in the first place.

I have been reading PC's and the CFL even before Ipurchased my gun. If Ihad questions regarding specifics, I have asked others more knowledgeable for clarification. I have gone to the local PD to ask questions, but not to tell them what I was going to be doing.

It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not haveone !!

Streetbikerr6

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Hey StreetBiker,

appreciate your input regarding PC 12025, 12026.1 and 12026.2.

HOWEVER, regarding the other fellow that called the police station to inform them that he was going to go to the local Walmart OCing, I am not the only person that thought some of his answers to the cops questions were antagonistic. Smart alec at least. If he called them to tell them what he was going to do, he should have been straight forward with them regarding everything else. Otherwise he should not have called them in the first place.

I have been reading PC's and the CFL even before Ipurchased my gun. If Ihad questions regarding specifics, I have asked others more knowledgeable for clarification. I have gone to the local PD to ask questions, but not to tell them what I was going to be doing.

It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not haveone !!

Definitely, althoughI still believe his conversation was not antagonistic at all.

I believe he was really just giving a heads up that he would be Open Carrying, and if they received a man with a gun call to realize it is most likely an open carry individual. The person on the phone then began to try to identify theOP such as first and last name, car he was driving... etc. This is not necessary information. You should always sterile carry when you open carry, that is not carry your Drivers license or ID. Reason being is that you are doing nothing wrong. That is like walking up to the black panthers and telling them you are apart of the KKK, and then giving them your home address. Why would they need that?

There is absolutely no reason the police should enter your info into their database, especially after the leaked e-mails we have seen from the Sunnyval PD. This is how local member Theseus has been criminalized for doing nothing wrong and charged for a felony, it could have been avoided if he had sterile carried, or if the cops that arrested him were actually interested in their duty as police officers.

Note I have been apart of this forum for quite a few months now and I have still yet to Open Carry. Do so at your own risk and please have atleast $5000 or so for legal fees. There are many behind the scenes things happened right now to try and have the 2nd Amendment affirmed here in California. Many here would advise not to Open Carry at all right now for this reason.

All in all, we now consider contacting any LEO before OC'ing is generally a bad idea due to their hidden agenda on armed law abiding citizens.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
That is like walking up to the black panthers and telling them you are apart of the KKK, and then giving them your home address.

Do so at your own risk and please have at least $5000 or so for legal fees.
I think it's more the other way around... the KKK didn't want the Black Panthers able to defend themselves, and they achieved this in Mulford.

$5,000, or $1 million for bail and to retain the best 2A/civil rights lawyers for defense and 1983 runs all the way to SCOTUS.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Streetbikerr6 wrote:
That is like walking up to the black panthers and telling them you are apart of the KKK, and then giving them your home address.

I think it's more the other way around... the KKK didn't want the Black Panthers able to defend themselves, and they achieved this in Mulford.

$5,000, or $1 million for bail and to retain the best 2A/civil rights lawyers for defense and 1983 runs all the way to SCOTUS.
Yeah, Jim Crow laws in the south got us "shall issue" handgun purchase permits and concealed carry permits.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Streetbikerr6 wrote:

Yes sorry, I thought of that off my head, just thought of 2 groups that did not get a long very well. Didn't want to comment on their beliefs or history though. Does anyone know any good attorneys around here for a phone number reference in case we are arrested for open carry? Sacramento wise.

cato

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:

...anyone know any good attorneys around here for a phone number reference in case we are arrested for open carry? Sacramento wise.
Don Kilmer is the best (Bay Area) but the best are all tied up working to strike down laws. Don't get arrested ;). But RKBA will be a growth industry post June. :lol:

yelohamr

imported post

I've never called to let the police know where I'll be carrying. But if I do, I'll wear my own handcuffs and wait for the E check. Just so they don't get confused.:D

Today I'm in the Free State of AZ, LOCand no one has shot at my PRK license plates...yet.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

yelohamr wrote:
I've never called to let the police know where I'll be carrying. But if I do, I'll wear my own handcuffs and wait for the E check. Just so they don't get confused.:D
I was just thinking about that, LOL. Though just have one on your weak side, and put the other one on when they pull up and eyeball you.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Gundude wrote:
HONK!! HONK !!
angry_goose_14apr2007.jpg