• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All the nuts in one basket?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
How many of you open carrier's want to meet Mayor Mcginn and all the city dept. head, staff, and city council members. Open house 1 to 5 pm, this Saturday. Any one interested in going?:what:

I would be, however I would defer to TriggerDr, DEROS and the experienced gang wheter this would further our cause or hurt it.

If I was to come my 15 and 17yo daughter would be with me, which is always good to see a normal family outing.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I'll crash, if I don't mess up my sleeping habit again. :banghead: Which happens like every couple of days. I been up since 1 A.M. this morning trying to get my sleeping habit fixed.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I take online high school classes, and I can do my work anytime I want, so that is probably the reason behind my sleep issues.

But yeah seattleric007, I am down as a clown!

I'll probably spot you first in your sharp tux, and bow tie!

FunkTrooper

imported post

Wow, I didn't know you felt that way. I think people misunderstand the purpose of open carry in modern times, it makes the statement "I am a soverign individual and aggressing against me should not be taken lightly". I wish everyone open carried to protests so to let the politicians know that they do not own us.

Squeak

imported post

007, IMHO maybe you need to cool off. I don't know you but your name calling and 'in your face attitude' does nothing to help us. You know for a fact that people profile, directly or indirectly. Just reading your posts makes me wonder what you are like in person. I've been around for some time and I can usually spot the 'bad apple'. Don't be one. We have enough of them in D.C. We just need to pull together and be a group. Squeak

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Let the man speak the truth, everyone needs to throw their feelings out on the table every once in a while. I've taken Anger Management LVL 1 so don't doubt me :)

(BTW, I didn't take it because of my emotional health, I took it because my lying principal *bastard* cut me a deal he never came through on)

amzbrady

imported post

anyone know what thenewmayor supports as far as gun control? is he going to take dodwn the guns banned signs in parks? Sounds like he's a stoner,jonsen for a legal bong hit. Kinda sounds to me like he might be riding the rainbow too.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Here's the thing about mayors now, in the best case scenario people elect a "father" for the city that tries to protect everyone or in the worst case they elect a "ruler" who attempts to control them. I thought a mayor was there to make sure the plows were on time I had no Idea they were there to protect me but since they can't really keep me safe I'll carry my gun instead.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Seattleric007, I fully support your right to express your opinions, in writing or verbally. However, I do think that your choice of words will cause a lot of harm to the OC movement.

We, the OC forum participants, are not the only ones to read the posts, as you well know. Also, I have identified two persons who have attended our meets that are anti gun to the extreme. I welcome them for the opportunity to learrn and become educated by the calm and reasonable demeanor we have shown. One more time...the calm and reasonable demeanor we have shown

DEROS72

imported post

I don't about being a founding member but personally that wouldn't be my choice to of venues so to speak to try to get a point across to the new mayor.I am with Trigger Dr.Anyone that wants to can choose to of course.But I won't be going.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

What Trigger Dr said is spot on, calm down and then go get them nothing works better than calm &logical statements.