• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

did some recon in J-ville today

thinbluelines&w40ve

imported post

I did a little recon today around jacksonville. Flatwoods gun shop allows NO loaded weapon in the store. the clerk said it was beause patrons would try out holsters with their loaded firearms. I wouldsay post a sign stating not to remove your weapon to try out holsters! and the funny thing is...both the clerks in their told me they support OC. But nevertheless, you must disarm if you want to shop there. The clerk also told me that the walmart now has cirlcle slash signs, but i didnt get a chance to go by and check. will definately check tommorow.

Sportsman lodge on Hwy 17 is OC/CC frendly. I even took some time and shot afew mags in their indoor range. :)

southernbnb

imported post

actually i have carried in flatwoods before. i just did the same thing that sportsmans lodge asks. i dropped my mag as i went in the door. which is just smart especially if you are gonna be trying out different holsters. i not only carried my sw40ve in flatwoods i tried out some holsters and stood around and discussed the pros and cons of different popular carry weapons. i like flatwoods. they have some ammo that you pretty much cant find anywhere else in town. and they have a larger selection of long guns than most places. sportsmans lodge is nice to. i love their range on a rainy day. both places have their merits.

on a side note... how do you like your sigma? i have had mine 4-5 months now and i love it. it is a stellar weapon!

southernbnb

imported post

hmm thats strange. its been a month or two since i was in there but i was ccw with my smith and my buddy was oc with his para 1911. they didnt say a word. oh well. maybe something has happened since i was in there.