• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Full Records Request from Sunnyvale PD

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Two part PDF.

http://opencarryradio.com/documents/Opencarry_PRAR_Sunnyvale1r.pdf

http://opencarryradio.com/documents/Opencarry_PRAR_Sunnyvale2.pdf

What I’ve learned from these documents (you may find more):

1. It seems SPD has a collaborative effort to stifle open carry activities.

2. They know it’s legal so they’re spending time finding ways to arrest for other things. (guilty before proven innocent)

3. SPD actively monitors opencarryradio.com, my youtube channel, and OCDO

4. They are informing neighboring departments when we have meet ups their.

5. They desperately want to arrest us for “failure to ID” (as if that’s a real thing). They know PC148.9 is bull, so they look for other tactics.

6. SPD wants to start a “Public Information Component” to educate the public on Open Carry. (Ministry of Truth?)

7. An off duty officer has called 911 on open carriers in Sunnyvale.

8. SPD is building a GIS maps database of school zones.

Did I miss anything?

dirtykoala

imported post

later i can post their response letter to my complaint that says something along the lines of (when we violated your 4th amendment right, we were'nt breaking any of our policies, no action is needed on our side)

chewy352

imported post

LOL SUNNYVALE PD we don't think we know the law WE KNOW THE LAW

Sunnyvale chief of police why are you targeting and investigating people who spend months to make sure they don't violate any laws. Don't you have better things to do like arrest criminals.

Gundude

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
LOL SUNNYVALE PD we don't think we know the law WE KNOW THE LAW

Sunnyvale chief of police why are you targeting and investigating people who spend months to make sure they don't violate any laws. Don't you have better things to do like arrest criminals.
Busting one of the UOC'ers may raise their "STUD" status. From looking at those docs, the best they have to hope for is a 626.9. I almost spewed coffee on my monitor when I read their "web stud" remark. toooo funny.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

I wonder if they know most of us wouldn't open carry as long as they just afforded us (law abiding citizens) other ways to protect ourselves? Like have a cop follow us 24/7 as a bodyguard... or you know, if thats not feasible... A CCW!!!!! lol :banghead:

chewy352

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
I wonder if they know most of us wouldn't open carry as long as they just afforded us (law abiding citizens) other ways to protect ourselves? Like have a cop follow us 24/7 as a bodyguard... or you know, if thats not feasible... A CCW!!!!! lol :banghead:

That's what got me into the movement. I wanted a CPL but my good cause is self defense which isn't good cause in San Diego. So if they wont let me hide it then they gotta look at it.

Personally I don't like UOC. I would rather be loaded and concealed. I just don't like the attention. I'm normally an A$$hole, as my wife puts it, but I have to be nice in public when I carry. Also I can't count on being able to go on a date while carrying and not be interrupted. When people ask questions I always give them a couple mins (more time if I can)and then politely excuse myself.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh my goodness,

Well done Bad_ace

I am going through the first PDF and all I can say is.... wow

Proof that the LEA's are on point with their intelligence gathering. In some cases commenting or acting almost as if you all are some criminal threat or just a bunch of people hunting for lawsuits.

Great work to you. Keep it up.

About mapping and school zones. If anyone knows any GIS experts, I would find some solutions for you all, or even do a FoIA request for school zones showing the 1000ft radii of those school zones and also look out for any attempts to increase (or decrease) school zone boundaries in your areas.

Amazing, stuff, just amazing.

I also noticed the "trying to increase his web stud status" comment in the PDF. :lol:

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Can someone please check my "web stud" status and give me a full report. Thanks
Hahah I just read that. Well your like asolid 8incher right now, my web stud status is like a 2 since I have never OC'ed.. Hey BadAce what are you working with over there bad boy. lmaooo

Edward Peruta

imported post

WOW.

I have reviewed the PDF files posted and find them very interesting.

It appears that these documents clearly establish intent to act and arrest under the color of law should anything end up being litigated.

The fact that they have obtained the New Mexico case from http://www.opencarry.com is one of the more interesting facts I read.

I find it interesting that they regularly delete emails after 90 days.

The other point I found is the snide comments and extreme lack of professional tone expressed in many of the emails.

In my opinion these documents clearly indicatethat this department is attempting to find at great expense and time, a way to hassle and arrest individuals.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Streetbikerr6 wrote:

That's what got me into the movement. I wanted a CPL but my good cause is self defense which isn't good cause in San Diego. So if they wont let me hide it then they gotta look at it.

Personally I don't like UOC. I would rather be loaded and concealed. I just don't like the attention. I'm normally an A$$hole, as my wife puts it, but I have to be nice in public when I carry. Also I can't count on being able to go on a date while carrying and not be interrupted. When people ask questions I always give them a couple mins (more time if I can)and then politely excuse myself.

Yes my thoughts exactly. I am a really nice guy so I don't have to worry about that haha butI could apply for CCW in Sac and get denied or I canOC. Those are my only 2 options. I mean it really just goes to show the LEO's motivation in Sunnyvale... that guns are only for LEO's. If they were pro-2nd amendment but against open carry, they would instead be finding a way on how to get people CCW's, instead of wasting the citystime trying to find ways to misinterpret law andcriminalize uswithout cause..

I mean I'm assumingthey must all be somewhat logical men and women. They can comprehend we are all very respectful here and don't want to cause trouble for our communities. Do they think giving a CCW to us law-abiders is a threat to the safety of their community, of course not. They just want all the protection themselves. It really goes to show their reasons for becoming a LEO in the first place. No, not to protect our rights as citizens as an oath they blindly swore. They truely have hidden agendas which shine brightly in their correspondence with eachother. Its very sad. :(

Nopal

imported post

Exactly. I love this bit from a Mr. Barba: "Onetool that we have, is to see if they are in violation of 626.9 PC..." (emphasis added).

So now, the law is a tool,I guess,to bludgeon "web studs" with.

Onsome of these documents, the contempt for the citizen bleeds right through. I used to think it alwaystook balls, integrity, and sacrificeto be a police officer, but apparently, for some of them, it takes somethingaltogether different.

Funny, too,how they keep repeating the "fishing for a lawsuit" bit even though there haven't been any.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Nopal wrote:
Exactly. I love this bit from a Mr. Barba: "Onetool that we have, is to see if they are in violation of 626.9 PC..." (emphasis added).

So now, the law is a tool,I guess,to bludgeon "web studs" with.

Onsome of these documents, the contempt for the citizen bleeds right through. I used to think it alwaystook balls, integrity, and sacrificeto be a police officer, but apparently, for some of them, it takes somethingaltogether different.

Funny, too,how they keep repeating the "fishing for a lawsuit" bit even though there haven't been any.

Right. They mentioned we video tape encounters and wanted a lawyer at one which implied we were not cooperating and wanted a lawsuit.

On the contrary, video is our only proof that we are doing nothing wrong. The video is a deterrent for LEO to obey the law. Just as much our openly carried weapon is a deterrent for a would be criminal to obey the law.

Funny how that works?

dirtykoala

imported post

I think it's funny how they say I'm trying to increase my web stud status by shopping at bevmo. I don't see how the two relate. And they make it seem like I was evading them by not being there when they showed up, maybe I was done shopping? I remember the day they were referring to, there was a cop at the bevmo parking lot when I got out of my car.

dirtykoala

imported post

Also, the lawyer that showed up did so as a member of the forum and a 2a supporter, not because he was requested to be there.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
It appears that these documents clearly establish intent to act and arrest under the color of law should anything end up being litigated.

The fact that they have obtained the New Mexico case from http://www.opencarry.com is one of the more interesting facts I read.

In my opinion these documents clearly indicate that this department is attempting to find at great expense and time, a way to hassle and arrest individuals. 

Page 3 of the second pdf shows that they understand the implications of Article 42 USC 1983. They know they could loose their qualified immunity here.

yelohamr

imported post

Since they are trying to get the DA to file charges on "fail to identify", (which a person has right not to do, unless arrested) this could be construed as a conspiracy to violate a citizen's legal right.

Conspiracy is a felony.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
Since they are trying to get the DA to file charges on "fail to identify", (which a person has right not to do, unless arrested) this could be construed as a conspiracy to violate a citizen's legal right.

Conspiracy is a felony.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/malicious+prosecution

Yes charges brought upon by a fail-to-identify seems to fall under...

vexatious litigation n. filing a lawsuit with the knowledge that it has no legal basis, with its purpose to bother, annoy, embarrass and cause legal expenses to the defendant. Vexatious litigation includes continuing a lawsuit after discovery of the facts shows it has absolutely no merit. Upon judgment for the defendant, he/she has the right to file a suit for "malicious prosecution" against the original vexatious plaintiff. Moreover, most states allow a judge to penalize a plaintiff and his/her attorney for filing or continuing a "frivolous" legal action with sanctions (money award to the defendant for the trouble and/or attorney fees). (See: malicious prosecution, sanction)