• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Full Records Request from Sunnyvale PD

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Rusty wrote:
Reading those emails, they need some grammar training as well. I mean... ouch.
I did not read in depth but I saw some internet slang. Most grammer mistakes happen in private conversations like texting back and forth and the person just does not care, so I don't blame them. Although they should realize anything they discuss is available to the same people that pay their paychecks, especially when we have diligent friends here such as bad_ace!

Gundude

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
When on an UOC group outing, wear bags over your heads for the group picture. :lol:

I have a pr of Groucho glasses. But I read somewhere, you can't wear a mask and carry.

edit: found it.

Possession of a Firearm While Wearing a Mask: It is a crime to possess a firearm in a public place or on any public street while masked so as to hide the identity of the person carrying the firearm. (Penal Code 12040).

yelohamr

imported post

Gundude wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
When on an UOC group outing, wear bags over your heads for the group picture. :lol:

I have a pr of Groucho glasses. But I read somewhere, you can't wear a mask and carry.

Possession of a Firearm While Wearing a Mask: It is a crime to possess a firearm in a public place or on any public street while masked so as to hide the identity of the person carrying the firearm. (Penal Code 12040).
I forgot about that. Well, just stand with your back to the camera. See if Sunnydale can identify your a$$.:lol:

suntzu

imported post

Rusty wrote:
Reading those emails, they need some grammar training as well. I mean... ouch.

grammar as well as spelling...the educational system has definitely failed the Sunnyvale pd...

Gundude

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
Gundude wrote:
yelohamr wrote:

I forgot about that. Well, just stand with your back to the camera. See if Sunnydale can identify your a$$.:lol:
Or turn around, drop your pants and give them a moon shot. Then they can identify you a$$ :what:

suntzu

imported post

yelohamr wrote:

how about take pictures of them taking pictures? :idea:

Document the harassment and put it on youtube....

It sounds like the cops of Sunnyvale have a major case of LDS...

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Gundude wrote:
yelohamr wrote:

But you forgot..

12040. (a) A person commits criminal possession of a firearm when
he or she carries a firearm in a public place or on any public street
while masked so as to hide his or her identity.
(b) Criminal possession of a firearm is punishable by imprisonment
in the state prison or by imprisonment in a county jail not to
exceed one year.
(c) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to the following:
(1) A peace officer who is in the performance of his or her
duties.
(2) Full-time paid peace officers of other states and the federal
government who are carrying out official duties while in this state.
(3) Any person summoned by any of the officers enumerated in
paragraph (1) or (2) to assist in making arrests or preserving the
peace while he or she is actually engaged in assisting that officer.
(4) The possession of an unloaded firearm or a firearm loaded with
blank ammunition by an authorized participant in, or while
rehearsing for, a motion picture, television, video production,
entertainment event, entertainment activity, or lawfully organized
and conducted activity when the participant lawfully uses the firearm
as part of that
production, event, or activity.
booyah :celebrate

coolusername2007

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
LOL SUNNYVALE PD we don't think we know the law WE KNOW THE LAW

Sunnyvale chief of police why are you targeting and investigating people who spend months to make sure they don't violate any laws. Don't you have better things to do like arrest criminals.
Because they are anti-gun, anti-2A, and do not support and defend the Constitution as their oathrequires of them. But they are in favor of police weaponry on the grounds of being able "to go home to their families everynight." But that doesn't apply to you. Its called hypocrisy and tyranny and our founding fathers warned us of them.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
chewy352 wrote:

Sunnyvale chief of police why are you targeting and investigating people who spend months to make sure they don't violate any laws. Don't you have better things to do like arrest criminals.
Because they are anti-gun, anti-2A, and do not support and defend the Constitution as their oathrequires of them. But they are in favor of police weaponry on the grounds of being able "to go home to their families everynight." But that doesn't apply to you. Its called hypocrisy and tyranny and our founding fathers warned us of them.
Yes exactly. If they were in fact anything close to Pro-2a, we would all have CCW's and this forum would likely not exist.

suntzu

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
chewy352 wrote:

And that is why civil rights complaints should be made to the FBI every time a rights violation occurs. Enough complaints will get the Bureau to investigating the department.

demnogis

imported post

If even part of what is being commented on here is true in the PRAR'd documents, I think I know now why the notorious and incorrect Sacramento Memo is rife with fear of litigation. Is it quite possible that these LEAs know their bad policies could let them proverbally shoot themselves in the foot?

What is it called again when a LEA knowingly writes and implements bad policies that violate our rights without due process?

suntzu wrote:
it sounds like the "officers" there in Kommiefornia are just itching to be sued.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

demnogis wrote:
If even part of what is being commented on here is true in the PRAR'd documents, I think I know now why the notorious and incorrect Sacramento Memo is rife with fear of litigation. Is it quite possible that these LEAs know their bad policies could let them proverbally shoot themselves in the foot?

What is it called again when a LEA knowingly writes and implements bad policies that violate our rights without due process?

suntzu wrote:
it sounds like the "officers" there in Kommiefornia are just itching to be sued.

Yes.Anyone calling us terrible people to threaten to sue if our rights are knowingly violatedis asfoolish as telling a rapist victim she is terrible for getting a restraining order on her rapist.

A violation is a violation. Just because one wears a badge does not mean they should not fear repercussions if they abuse their powers. If we could send a LEO to jail for violating our rights instead of using litigation, I am sure we would take that route instead of a lawsuit. Though it doesn't quite work that way does it.

The onlytwo reasons a cop has to keep themselves in line with their duty is either respect for their job or fear for losing it.Any cop thatundermines our group as nothing but peoplelooking for litigationafter breaking our civil rights they know not to break obviously does not esteem the meaning of wearing a badge. To uphold the law.

The law is on our side. Whatever view a LEO may or may not haveabout a citizensGod given right to protect his and his familys life is insignificant. If they want that much power they should move to a police state such as North Korea.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
demnogis wrote:

suntzu wrote:

Yes.Anyone calling us terrible people to threaten to sue if our rights are knowingly violatedis asfoolish as telling a rapist victim she is terrible for getting a restraining order on her rapist.

A violation is a violation. Just because one wears a badge does not mean they should not fear repercussions if they abuse their powers. If we could send a LEO to jail for violating our rights instead of using litigation, I am sure we would take that route instead of a lawsuit. Though it doesn't quite work that way does it.

The onlytwo reasons a cop has to keep themselves in line with their duty is either respect for their job or fear for losing it.Any cop thatundermines our group as nothing but peoplelooking for litigationafter breaking our civil rights they know not to break obviously does not esteem the meaning of wearing a badge. To uphold the law.

The law is on our side. Whatever view a LEO may or may not haveabout a citizensGod given right to protect his and his familys life is insignificant. If they want that much power they should move to a police state such as North Korea.
Why move to that third-world country when the food is so much better here and they are immune from prosecution?

yelohamr

imported post

Has anyone thought of uploading videosof 4A violationsto Fox News Channel? After enough instances of national exposure of CALEOs trampling the rights of citizens, maybe they'll get a clue that we aren't going away.

PavePusher

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Streetbikerr6 wrote:
I wonder if they know most of us wouldn't open carry as long as they just afforded us (law abiding citizens) other ways to protect ourselves? Like have a cop follow us 24/7 as a bodyguard... or you know, if thats not feasible... A CCW!!!!! lol :banghead:

That's what got me into the movement. I wanted a CPL but my good cause is self defense which isn't good cause in San Diego. So if they wont let me hide it then they gotta look at it.

Personally I don't like UOC. I would rather be loaded and concealed. I just don't like the attention. I'm normally an A$$hole, as my wife puts it, but I have to be nice in public when I carry. Also I can't count on being able to go on a date while carrying and not be interrupted. When people ask questions I always give them a couple mins (more time if I can)and then politely excuse myself.
See? O.C. is making you a better, kinder, softer person! Who needs counciling?:lol: