• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Full Records Request from Sunnyvale PD

cato

imported post

We are an "army of Davids" fighting Goliath. We need to share information to force multiply and to not duplicate efforts. CGF IS here to support the full RKBA (open and concealed, pistol, rifle, shotgun, flintlock, semi and full auto, knife, baton, etc...IMO) but it seems some are working (unknowingly) hard to insure CA becomes a CCW only state. I don't want that personally.

coolusername2007

imported post

cato wrote:
Send a new FOIA every 80 days. And e-mail your findings to a CGF boardmember please.
Ummm...I think this cost the OP over $900. Is CGF going to pitch in for such an expensive request? Or are youasking for free services from the group they outcast?

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Ummm...I think this cost the OP over $900. Is CGF going to pitch in for such an expensive request? Or are youasking for free services from the group they outcast?
Bad_Ace, did this little piece of freedom really cost you over $900? :shock:

Rusty

imported post

If you look at the first pdf, the second page has the cost est.

Bad_Ace, do you have a paypal that some of us can donate to to defray these costs? I would be more then happy to put in $25 or so.

BTW, was anyone else impressed that there was a memo about us specifically from the Terrorism Threat Assessment Center?

I mean come on...

Actually, the more I think about this the more it pisses me off.

So what we have are people interested in second amendment rights, and willing to go out and make a political statement about it, in a perfectly legal way. So this group of people are the target of a memo from the Terrorism Thread Assessment Center?

If you want to express your rights, I guess that makes you a possible terrorist.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Rusty wrote:

Bad_Ace, do you have a paypal that some of us can donate to to defray these costs? I would be more then happy to put in $25 or so.

BTW, was anyone else impressed that there was a memo about us specifically from the Terrorism Threat Assessment Center?

I mean come on...
Yes I just noticed the cost. If this is true I will donate at least $50 cause that is ridiculous to take on by yourself.

Edit- by the way, they probably use Outlook. I am very close with the IT department in our Company. I find it impossible it took 16 hours. I mean I could see a global search taking a bit of time, but not 16 hours of actual IT work. That is some B.S. I will ask out IT guy tomorrow how long it would take to accumulate a search for a word on our outlook servers in our 70 person company. It is also hard to believe they don't archive emails past 90 days. Outlook can easily do this. It is law enforcement. Imagine if Homeland Security came to them with a request of a piece of correspondence they may have had with a known terrorist 4 months back and them not have those emails archived. ummm... possible but not likely.

coolusername2007

imported post

Rusty wrote:

I mean come on...

I think its safe to say Nanny Peloski won't be visiting DirtyKola's place of employment ever again.

DK, man they know where youwork, where you sleep, where youplay, and what youate for breakfast this morning. Have you tried to fly lately? Bet they won't let you on the plane! Because, well you know...your...law-abiding...the horror!

bad_ace

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Ummm...I think this cost the OP over $900.  Is CGF going to pitch in for such an expensive request?  Or are you asking for free services from the group they outcast?

My request mandated that they provide a time and place for documents to be reviewed if it went upwards of $100, since they failed to do this they provided the report at no cost, but included a fee schedule for future requests. San Jose has a similar free schedule. So it will cost me ~$900 for the next request.

coolusername2007

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Sons of Liberty wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

My request mandated that they provide a time and place for documents to be reviewed if it went upwards of $100, since they failed to do this they provided the report at no cost, but included a fee schedule for future requests. San Jose has a similar free schedule. So it will cost me ~$900 for the next request.

I stand corrected...I thought the doc said something to the effect of payment in advance of any work completed.

bad_ace

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
Edit- by the way, they probably use Outlook. I am very close with the IT department in our Company. I find it impossible it took 16 hours. I mean I could see a global search taking a bit of time, but not 16 hours of actual IT work. That is some B.S. I will ask out IT guy tomorrow how long it would take to accumulate a search for a word on our outlook servers in our 70 person company. It is also hard to believe they don't archive emails past 90 days. Outlook can easily do this. It is law enforcement. Imagine if Homeland Security came to them with a request of a piece of correspondence they may have had with a known terrorist 4 months back and them not have those emails archived. ummm... possible but not likely.

They are using an old email system, someone had to physically sit ate each officers desk and search they're hard drive. So each officer is now distinctly aware that what they send via email could be read by the public.

Also some are using personal email accounts, a big no no.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Sons of Liberty wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

If they provide a time and place for the documents to be reviewed, does it cost you anything? Could you provide a copy of the fee schedules they provided?

dirtykoala

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Rusty wrote:

I mean come on...

I think its safe to say Nanny Peloski won't be visiting DirtyKola's place of employment ever again.

DK, man they know where youwork, where you sleep, where youplay, and what youate for breakfast this morning. Have you tried to fly lately? Bet they won't let you on the plane! Because, well you know...your...law-abiding...the horror!
haha, i will be flying soon. im currious as to whether or not i have made "the black list", i guess i will find out. ive been meaning to look for a cheap $100 round trip flight to so cal and back just to see.

dirtykoala

imported post

also, wanted to say it here... thanks bad_ace for your efforts. this is all stuff that i wanted and spoke with bad ace about, and he made it happen. the PD gave me a few denials and reasons why they couldnt give me the info i/we requested. bad ace had an awesome request letter that made it happen.

bad_ace

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
bad_ace wrote:
If they provide a time and place for the documents to be reviewed, does it cost you anything? Could you provide a copy of the fee schedules they provided?

Normally there is only a cost for them to make copies of things they've generated (police reports, memos, bulletins, etc.) One could sit down and review 10 pages of reports and ask that one pages be copied costing him $1.

But they're claiming that I have to pay for the man power to collect data that hasn't been collected yet.

We-the-People

imported post

I've just finished reading the OP's PDF's and am OUTRAGED at the attitude of these so called public servants!

It appears to me that there is most definitely a conspiracy under way to attempt to entrap law abiding citiens through some loophole(or the manufacture or a loophole)that neither the police nor a citizen knows about. There should be letters of complaint sent from everyone on this forum to the elected and appointed officials of the city and any departments who participated in this continuing usurpation of the rights of the citizens.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time in Kalifornia over the next few months and I think I'm going to have to study up on your laws, get the necessary equipment (including California legal magazines) and start OCing when I'm down there.

Anyone know offhand if the FN 5.7 is banned in Calif if it has 10 round mags? How about the Taurus Judge series (I'd heard that Cali banned those as well)

Nopal

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
I've just finished reading the OP's PDF's and am OUTRAGED at the attitude of these so called public servants!

It appears to me that there is most definitely a conspiracy under way to attempt to entrap law abiding citiens through some loophole (or the manufacture or a loophole)that neither the police nor a citizen knows about. There should be letters of complaint sent from everyone on this forum to the elected and appointed officials of the city and any departments who participated in this continuing usurpation of the rights of the citizens.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time in Kalifornia over the next few months and I think I'm going to have to study up on your laws, get the necessary equipment (including California legal magazines) and start OCing when I'm down there.

Anyone know offhand if the FN 5.7 is banned in Calif if it has 10 round mags? How about the Taurus Judge series (I'd heard that Cali banned those as well)
You're good on the 5.7, but not on the Judge. Around here it's considered an illegal "shotgun" :shock:

wewd

imported post

Yep, California considers the Judge to be a short barreled shotgun since it is capable of firing shotshells and has a barrel under 18". Five-Sevens are legal (I see them for sale all over the place) with the neutered magazines.