• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anchorage 2ATF Dinner

spyderdude

imported post

Anchorage 2nd Amendment Task Force Newsletter

Dinner Meeting for all members - January 9: We’ll be holding our next membership meeting at the Mei Garden at 4pm on Saturday January 9. Mei Garden is located in the old Royal Fork building near the Northway Mall. This meeting is open to the public so bring your family and friends! Senator Hollis French has been invited to address us regarding House Bill 186 (2009). You can see information about this important firearms-related bill here:

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_ ... session=26

We'll keep you informed as to whether or not Senator French will be attending. Buffet dinner is optional, and the cost is $13.95.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spyderdude

imported post

Well I don't know if anyone from Alaska on here made it to the dinner or not but I sure did. The guest speaker State Senator Hollis French didn't make very many friends. He is a democrat and he was in a room full of libertarians and independents. He was stunned when he brought up the topic of federal funding. We told him we didn't want any federal money and he'd better do what we ask him to do otherwise he'll be out of a job. The 2ATF is over 10,000 members strong state wide and I think that is enough to make in impact on a state politician's decision making.

The company was good, the food was okay... the guest speaker... well maybe not so much!