• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ariz. border agent fatally shoots suspected illegal immigrant

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

DOUGLAS - Authorities say an illegal immigrant was shot and killed after he attacked a U.S. Border Patrol agent with rocks in southern Arizona.

Border Patrol spokesman Omar Candelaria says the shooting happened Monday morning after the agent and his dog encountered the man in the area of "D" Hill just outside of Douglas. The man assaulted the agent with rocks and the agent shot back.

The man died while being transported to a local hospital.

Candelaria says the agent also was taken to the hospital but has since been released.

The names of the agent and the man were not immediately released.

The incident is being investigated by the Cochise County Sheriff's Office, the FBI and the Border Patrol.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Immigrant? No... the sumbitch was a foreigninvader. Now he's history... good riddance. 'Hope this BP guy is alright.

curtm1911

imported post

He should stick to Rock, Paper, Scissors, his odds are better than Rock, Pistol. Pistol ALWAYS wins that one..........just my .05 cents worth (adjusted for inflation)

TOF

imported post

I have an idea. A chopper flight in Northern Arizona is billed at around $20,000 before hospital costs are tacked on.

My other Idea is to transport by mule to the nearest border crossing and turn him over to the Mexicans for treatment.

The Mule of course being one of those acting as a mule by carrying marijuana on his back.

oc4ever

imported post

The moral of this story is never bring rocks to a gunfight. Guess they don't teach that in those Mexican schools. Hope the BP guy fully recovers, and nobody should care about the other stupid one with the hole in him.

Capn Camo

imported post

They are not illegal immigrants, they are ILLEGAL ALIENS. Criminals.

Good. One less to waste fuel on deporting.

Dahwg

imported post

Capn Camo wrote:

Sadly they wasted fuel bringing him to Tucson before he bit the big burrito.

And no I'm not racist! I can say bit the big burrito, cuz I'm a bean. But My family got here the LEGAL way, both of my parents are naturalized citizens and NEVER counted on amnesty. That's the difference, and the sooner those pols up in DC figure that out, the better.

Que viva la libertad! Que viva la justicia! Que viva el estado soberano de Arizona, because the way the rest of this country is going, they can pound sand.

NY2AZ

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Capn Camo wrote:

And no I'm not racist! I can say bit the big burrito, cuz I'm a bean. But My family got here the LEGAL way, both of my parents are naturalized citizens and NEVER counted on amnesty. That's the difference, and the sooner those pols up in DC figure that out, the better.

Que viva la libertad! Que viva la justicia! Que viva el estado soberano de Arizona, because the way the rest of this country is going, they can pound sand.

Same here Dahwg. I came here from Colombia with my folks at 5. I Became a citizen at 20. It was one of the proudest moments of my life. I totally agree with you. I thinkthe issue with most legal hispanics is that they feel as though criticism of illegal alien hispanics is like an attack on themselves. Very few use critical thinking to realize that the illegal immigration is actually hurting them as well.

Dahwg

imported post

NY2AZ wrote:
Dahwg wrote:
Capn Camo wrote:

Same here Dahwg. I came here from Colombia with my folks at 5. I Became a citizen at 20. It was one of the proudest moments of my life. I totally agree with you. I thinkthe issue with most legal hispanics is that they feel as though criticism of illegal alien hispanics is like an attack on themselves. Very few use critical thinking to realize that the illegal immigration is actually hurting them as well.

Exactly! I was born here and have lived here all my life. I've been to the other side and I know what I DON'T want my country to become. And many here feel the same way- there is lots of tension between the hispanics who have been here legally for a couple of generations and the illegals- we probably are more opposed to illegal immigrants more than the anglos because we have the additional beef against them that they perpetuate stereotypes. What I really hate is when the tourists come over here, take all the stuff out of packages and leave their garbage in the parking lot. I always make them pick it up, never had one not do it. Then I scold them for being slobs and making us look bad.

I'm all for an AZ State guard on the border sealing it off. In fact, Where do I sign up? :cuss:

Chez

imported post

NY2AZ wrote:
They have this here.

http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/

You can look into volunteering with them. If you do, let me know how it goes. Maybe when I get a bit more settled here in Arizona i'll look into it myself.

On another note, one of the gentleman who started this group is supposedly running against McCain for his senate seat this year.

https://www.simcoxforsenate.com/

Chris Simcox drop out of the race and gave his support to JD Hayworth.

NY2AZ

imported post

Chez wrote:
NY2AZ wrote:
They have this here.

http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/

You can look into volunteering with them. If you do, let me know how it goes. Maybe when I get a bit more settled here in Arizona i'll look into it myself.

On another note, one of the gentleman who started this group is supposedly running against McCain for his senate seat this year.

https://www.simcoxforsenate.com/

Chris Simcox drop out of the race and gave his support to JD Hayworth.

Interesting. I'll have to look into his platform. As much as I respect McCain, I think his time has come. I'd like to see a return to Goldwater type of politics here in Arizona. I know I'm new here in Arizona, so my voice may not carry as much weight as others, but I simply don't want my new home to end up as my old home.