• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Banners

massivedesign

imported post

The WAC thread was getting long.. So, I decided to start a new thread for the purpose of new banners for the OCDO gun shows.

This is for comments, suggestions, criticism.. whatever. Please take into account I am NOT a graphics designer, just a guy who likes to play with programs. I am doing this free of charge, because I feel like giving back to this board for all they have done for protecting my rights, and your rights.

I will post the proposed 24x36 banner as well as the 24x72" banner

Here is the 36" banner

Trigger Dr

imported post

I would suggest deleting the guns, and girl images and the vertical OCDO at each end.

This would allow for larger wording and more of an uncluttered poster

Trigger Dr

imported post

Actually, this is what I had in mind, but I will defer to the majority

Tawnos

imported post

Lose the underline, don't need both bold and underline, and it cuts off the "y" in "carry"

massivedesign

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Actually, this is what I had in mind, but I will defer to the majority
I see how the simplistic nature of that would help keep things clean, but, IMO, it would be nice to have that little blurb about what OCDO is, hence the "discussion group, laws... etc"

Sparky508

imported post

I'm a big fan of the first banner shown. Looks like a lot of quick get to information, has some style. The gal on the banner is plastered all over our favorite website, is classy looking and attractive, and not at all trashy or offensive looking.

HeesBonafide

imported post

I like the color one with the Girl (who doesn't like looking at women?), no guns on it.

The picture of the woman shows a more "reasonable" side as well -- itis always assumed that this is a "man's" agenda and when you have a pciture of a woman, it will get the person to stop and think (hopefully).

Trigger Dr

imported post

Being that most english speaking countries read from left to right, How about replacing the OCDO on the left sidewith a larger version of the woman, delete the woman on the right side and leave the OCDO?

That would basically be getting back to the original design just stretched out a bit

Trigger Dr

imported post

M1Gunner has located a source for the banner in full color on 13 oz vinyl for under $100 delivered. Size 30" x 7'

Any one wanting to contribute to this there is a paypal account setup see the post by M1.

massivedesign

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Being that most english speaking countries read from left to right, How about replacing the OCDO on the left sidewith a larger version of the woman, delete the woman on the right side and leave the OCDO?

That would basically be getting back to the original design just stretched out a bit
Like this?

Also, we need to discuss table size.. Are all the tables at all the shows 8'? If so, then a 7' banner would make sense. If they are a 6' table (or the possibility of a 6'), then a 6' banner would be more appropriate.

The height needs be addressed too... A standard folding table is what.. 30" above the ground? You are going to want head height to be at LEAST 6', plus an additional 30" above. So if the stand is being built, the bottom of the banner would need to be at least 6' off the ground (42" off the table) making to total height 102" (8'-6".. minimum)

DEROS72

imported post

Looks good.That would be awesome to have at park gatherings,Willow Lake etc....Hanging up on a canopy.It would bring folks in to get information.Get the public to find out what their rights are.Orat an infoa boothe at the Teaparty rally on april 15th.Also the 2nd ammendment national rally scheduled for april 19th.

What about the quote on our pamphlet......all power is inherent in the people..it is their right and duty to be at all times armed Thomas Jefferson

Trigger Dr

imported post

Massivedesign,

I like that design... The tables are all the same size, and the frame is completed and will handle a banner 7' x 30" wth head room to spare.

DEROS72

imported post

I like this one as well nice work!

attachment.php

What about the quote on our pamphlet......all power is inherent in the people..it is their right and duty to be at all times armed Thomas Jefferson