• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City Ordinances-Call to Action

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Reply received from an email sent to Harrison Twp in regards to them banning firearms at Metrobeach metro park.

Mr. Webb:

Thank you for taking the time to send this information to me. I have been in contact with our legal counsel & they are researching the matter. The information you provided seems to suggest a conflict but we are awaiting another opinion before we consider any action. Once I have more information, I will notify you.

Sincerely,
Ken Verkest
Trustee,Charter Township of Harrison

Yooper

imported post

Here's what I found for Houghton County:]
Hancock (city) http://www.cityofhancock.com
(Note, this regards parks and recreation areas only)

97.24 Possessing; Shooting Firearms
It shall be unlawful to carry or have in possession a firearm unless unloaded in both barrel and magazine, shoot an air gun, gas gun, springloaded gun or slingshot, or shoot with a bow and arrow,
except during established hunting seasons, or lands open to hunting.

Lake Linden (village) http://www.lakelinden.net
(Park and Marina regulations)

3001 IX I
1. No person shall at any time, bring into or upon the Village park, nor have in his or her possession, nor discharge, or set off anywhere upon said properties, a revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air gun, water gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other weapon that discharges projectiles either by air, explosive substance or any other force, provided however, that this section shall not apply to any deputy sheriff, police officer, peace officer or other duly appointed law enforcement officer while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of his or her position.[size=]

No other township/village that has information on the internet has a restriction on the possession of firearms