• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

list of anto gun groups, companies and more

dj_fatstyles

imported post

Hi guys, this is my first post here and i thought I would pass on some info. Ive been "trolling" here for a few months but havent felt it was "right" for me to post since i dont open carry. for me, open carry makes me feel more paranoid, so you guys that do OC i give huge props to you all.

I just came across this and thought to pass the info on to you guys. I dont know how current this is but it seems that most of the list is current.
http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

Metalhead47

imported post

Great, so basically, every company & organization in the country scanning thru that list.:banghead: The hypocrites at the ACLU I'm not surprised at, but the American Jewish Congress? That just kinda jumped out at me, and they say "never forget..." :quirky

dj_fatstyles

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
hey aren't you the guy that gave out a free .22 handgun on xmas on seattleguns?
yes, justin was very happy to win and i delivered the little pistol to him last sunday.

dj_fatstyles

imported post

are you really going to pull that? i really dont want to get dragged into a pissing contest over this. i wanted do do something nice for someone in the gun community. it sounds like you are on sg.netand it seems that you did enter the contest. iirc you asked about age restrictions, correct? i believe that i did respond to you in a polite manner and tried to explain that you have to be 21 to own a pistol. i also stated in the contest posting that you have to be 21 as well. if you feel that you were discriminated against for your age, talk with the people in congress and try to get the law changed, you cannot fault me for following the law. now if you wrote the above comment in humor you should atleast use a different "smiley" to convey that instead of comming across as someone who wants to feel like a victim of being discriminated against and trying to pull a guilt trip for my decision.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

dj_fatstyles wrote:
iirc you asked about age restrictions, correct? i believe that i did respond to you in a polite manner and tried to explain that you have to be 21 to own a pistol. i also stated in the contest posting that you have to be 21 as well.

Yes, I did ask you about it, and after you replied I did not enter the contest.

No, you do not have to be 21 to own a pistol. You have to be 18. You must be 21 to buy it from an FFL dealer, if it is through private then you have to be 18.

if you feel that you were discriminated against for your age, talk with the people in congress and try to get the law changed,

I actually am getting a start on this, I asked a couple members here for help on it a couple days ago. I started my letter and just need to make some revisions and find out who to send it to, that won't just throw it away.

now if you wrote the above comment in humor you should atleast use a different "smiley" to convey that instead of comming across as someone who wants to feel like a victim of being discriminated against and trying to pull a guilt trip for my decision.

It was more of a sad humor.

I am a victim of discrimination by WA state law, not being able to carry a handgun. I have been in fear of my life many times and f**king pissed that I had no means of defense other than a damn stick.

All in all, I thought it was cool that you did that, but it saddened me because I felt I was "deserving" and been through a crapload of stuff, a perfect candidate for what you wanted, yet just being 18 kicked me off the eligible list. Can you see why I feel that way?

I'll try not to turn this into a law argument, I am just letting you know the reasons behind my statement.

dj_fatstyles

imported post

i understand where you are coming from poosharker, really i do. i was 18 once too. it sucked that i could get a pistol at that time. i empathize with you on the state or the government saying that you can go to war and fight for this country and possibly die when you are 18 but you arent responsible enough to buy alcohol or buy a pistol. it is effed upbut im happy to hear that you are doing something about it.TRY TOSEND IT TO GREGWHORE.:lol::lol::lol:, oh you said you wanted it read. i would sign any petition that lowered the drinking and gun agein a heartbeat. i would also love to see a new petition on changing the silencer law as well or something to change ALL the effed up gun laws.

IF, and that is a big if, i can afford it i would like to do something likethe contestevery year. alternating between a pistol and a rifle each year. that way the guys that are under 21 will be able to get involved in the giveaway. im going to try and change up the rules each year when i do the contest. if im able to do the giveaway contest next year, i would like to hear your story. take care bud.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Poosharker being 18 doesn't stop you from owning a handgun. Just from buying one. And yes those laws are ridiculous, old enough to marry, join the army, drive a car, live on your own etc....but not carry a hand gun. That is headbanging.

To the Op, (original poster) welcome to the forum. You don't have to open carry to talk on here. There are quite of few folks on here who rarely do. The important thing is to carry and to support all forms of excercising our legal right to protect ourselves.

Come to a meet or meet someone for coffee, you will see that it really isn't that big of a deal and not much to be paranoid of.

dj_fatstyles

imported post

i would love to come out and grab a cup of tea (cant stand coffee) but it hard to do that when my wife is on a night scedule and im on the same scedule. if anything is being planned for the next 4-5 days or so, i should be able to come out (wife has to go to CO for a funeral) thinking i might go shooting at champion on sunday.

on a side note, does anyone here own suppressors? im trying to get advice on a letter to send in support of HB1604 changing the use of suppressors. if a few of you guys are into NFA ill start a new post with the letter i plan to send with a link to all the reps im going to send it to.