• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE should be educated

bigdaddy1

imported post

Snip from article regarding recent open carry event for the hungry

"There are increased risks to individuals and society therefore we can't possible support that kind of action," said Jeri Bonavia, WAVE director.
Long and other local gun carriers say the response from shoppers was nearly all positive. They also say they were able to get their message out and campaign for a concealed carry law.
"By allowing conceal carry it has a great crime deterrent because criminals don't know who is and who is not able to defend themselves, so they are less likely to attack people in a violent fashion," said Shaun Kranish, icarry.org founder.
The Wisconsin Anti Violence Effort disagrees.
"Those people being armed are not going to provide a higher degree of safety for themselves or for us," said Bonavia.
I-carry dot org members plan to hold similar community projects in the future to help the needy and raise awareness.

You notice they couldnt simply tell about the event, they HAD to put the anti spin on the story.

The similarity between the Brady bunch and these WAVE people are scary. One and the same as for the lies they spread on their web site. I get infuriated when someone who speaks of an authority with out proper knowledge of the subject. I know very well that if you were to post anything negative to their lies it would be deleted before you finish typing. There should be a web site that people can refer to that tells the truth about these biased claims.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
You notice they couldnt simply tell about the event, they HAD to put the anti spin on the story.

Not only that, as I mentioned in the other thread, this is old file footage. WAVE did not comment directly on the event.

Make no mistake about it. WAVE is very educated. Educated in the skills of fund raising by appealing to the emotions of the general public. There is no changing of the opinions of this woman. There is only playing the game on her higher level of operation and going after the same WI dollars which feed her pocketbook.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WAVE and the Bradys are nothing more than gouls, feeding off the misfortunes of others. WAVE gets the vast majority of theirfunding from the elitistChicago Joyce Foundation.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I hate organizations that spew half truths to spread fear for their cause. The truth in advertising laws should apply to these (loosly resembling) people

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It is a waste of energy to get upset with WAVE, the Brady Bunch and Bloomberg. They all have but one objective; the eliminatiuon of private ownership of firearms. Ethics and truth play no role in their questtothat goal. They will lay like snakes in the grass until some misfortune happens and then strike with full venom. Time is their ally. We must be ever vigilant.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

WAVE should be educated
You cannot educate the uneducatable,
I feel it would be easier to train a blind rooster to drive a semi-truck or to do complex math equations while juggling chainsaws and riding a unicycle with a flat tire on a frozen lake while being surrounded by a pack of hungry wolves.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Yes Lammie, they are MORONS, but we are supposed to take the high road and maintain some semblance of civility.

Ah screw it, take em out to the wood shed and beat some sense into them!!!!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WAVEdoes saythey are an "educational":shock: organization.

Read their fall 2009 newsletter. One oftheir community organizers isgriping that she was not allowed to huntwhen young. Too bad, maybe she would have a different attitude toward firearms if she had been. Wonder if she would still use sucide prevention as a rationale for guncontrolif the attempted sucideshe writes about had been made witha hose in a car tailpipe.

http://www.waveedfund.org/

bigdaddy1

imported post

They are an educational organization. Their mission statement is ;

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort Educational Fund is Wisconsin's only statewide grassroots organization solely dedicated to reducing gun violence, injuries and deaths.

Through research, education and advocacy, WAVE Educational Fund raises awareness about firearm violence throughout the state, provides up to date information to the public and to policy makers, and promotes common sense measures that will bring our state to the forefront of gun violence prevention.

Can this be used against them????????? If they list themselves as an educational organization maybe they are violating something??? I know it unlikely but they still piss me off.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

The best way to use this against them is to establisha new umbrella organization with a similar mission statement and which will complete and get the same public contribution money which WAVE is getting now.

So long as individuals are only willing to support the same old groups with their specific focus areas while not joining forces and resources with other gun advocacy groups with different focus areas, we will never completely defeat WAVE and the other gun rights grabbers.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What is wrong with that lady though? Did something happen in the middle of the night where fear took over and made her dedicate time to advocating gun control? Would like to know her story as of now it just seems as if shes another face with an opinion but no legitamecy. Goddam for real she's needs to get off the high horse and start actually helping, donate blood, volunteer at a food hall, red cross anything! hmmphh people these days!