• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and spare clips question

kirkaroberts

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
YoZUpZ wrote:
Magazine... happy? I knew that someone was going to give me crap for calling it a clip... maybe you should go release some of that analism, and not use a computer until you can "properly" name every part of it... Oh, and make sure that you start walking to work until you can name every single part of it "correctly" as well, good luck... (hope you don't use a computer at work) :lol:
If you 'knew" someone was going to give you crap why did you do it? I do not use my PC as a weapon but something I do use as a weapon I make sure I use the correct terms. It is what separates us from the gangbangers who give us a bad name.
Notebook, laptop, pc, relax-relax-relax. We are all pretty much on the same side here. (I learned this the hard way myself) :celebrate Someone pounces on just about everything I say, usually with some great, constructive debate. I think we can all translate between clip and magazine. No one was really confused were they?

Go ahead and use your PC as a weapon. I have found mine to be effective on occasion. That also helps separate us from the "Gangbangers".:)

DEFENSOR

imported post

Hey Rocknsnow,

Good to know that they are doing OC back in Bama. Was stationed at Rucker earlier to mid nineties. 2/229 AVN. REGT. Had a CCW permit back then, real easy to get in three weeks fromthe court house in Ozark. Good luck.:dude:

UtahJarhead

imported post

As for the argument clip vs magazine, it's the equivalent of calling a Machine Gun a Semi Auto.

http://images.google.com/images?q=c...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Compare the above link of a Google image search of "cartridge clip" vs the below link for a "handgun magazine"

http://images.google.com/images?q=h...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

A clip is a strip of metal that binds a few rounds together, such as the steel and brass clips that .223 rounds. A magazine is a container that rounds are inserted into that is enclosed on 5 sides, spring on the bottom side to force the rounds to the side of the magazine inserted into the gun/rifle. A clip and a magazine are not the same things. I watched a recruit catch a "clip" with his forehead when I was in boot camp. He learned it's instead a magazine.

When you confuse parts in regards to a gun, you become a danger to yourself and everybody around you. "Yes, I flipped the safety, it's on." *boom* "No, that was the slide release."

You simply don't know any better. Just please learn it.