• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Packing in Pink

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

rocknsnow wrote:
My wife came across this website and I thought I would share with others. They have a store on the website and it would make great gifts for your lady...my wife has me ordering her some ear protection...since they are pink she knows i wont use them.

http://www.packinginpink.com/index.html
if she really like pink, Maybe you should make her one of these!

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Not to argue, but does a firearm necessarily have to be black, camo or another manly color to have some tactical application? I think if my girlfriend had a pink pistol it would throw off the focus of the bad guy and give her the upper-hand because he'd be focusing on her pink pistol and not on how potentially dangerous it could be!!

jihadthis

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
some ladies like the pink guns, they have no tactical applications, but on the range it's ok.
OMG!!!! so pink painted guns only work on a range?

I don't care if it is neon green with pink glow in the dark butterflies on the barrel as long as it works when I need it.

jihadthis

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
rocknsnow wrote:
My wife came across this website and I thought I would share with others. They have a store on the website and it would make great gifts for your lady...my wife has me ordering her some ear protection...since they are pink she knows i wont use them.

http://www.packinginpink.com/index.html
if she really like pink, Maybe you should make her one of these!
+100000 would love to have this one!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jihadthis wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
some ladies like the pink guns, they have no tactical applications, but on the range it's ok.

I don't care if it is neon green with pink glow in the dark butterflies on the barrel as long as it works when I need it.
As long as she is happy with it, thats all that matters, she is having fun. I meant what I said, that Pink rifle has no pratical tactical application, someone with a BRIGHT pink weapon would be an easy target for my Ruger SR-556 with Aimpoint optics and the 3x magnifier. You can't hide with a Neon Pink Rifle...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jihadthis

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
jihadthis wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

As long as she is happy with it, thats all that matters, she is having fun. I meant what I said, that Pink rifle has no pratical tactical application, someone with a BRIGHT pink weapon would be an easy target for my Ruger SR-556 with Aimpoint optics and the 3x magnifier. You can't hide with a Neon Pink Rifle...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Okay, I guess once the revolution starts in America you can fulfill your dreams of glory by finding yourself in a "tactical" situation........

Anyone with "tactical" experience knows that any weapon, Gun/knife/rock/hand/etc, properly applied, regardless of color, will take you out.

If I am stupid enough to use a BRIGHT pink weapon to try to gain "tactical" advantage then yes I will probably be taken out first. Where the heck in this thread was it ever mentioned that someone was trying to get tactical advantage? Start a new thread about how to have the tactical advantage if that is what consumes your thought process

In any scenario it will not matter what the color of the weapon is.

I hope your last words are not "oh ha ha they have a pink gun, but I have the TACTICAL advantage"

Go do a few patrols outside the wire and talk to me about "tactical"

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Excuse me, but, how did this get off on pink firearms. The OP said that he was ordering his wife a pair of pink HEARING PROTECTORS.

Until we find ourselves in a real SHTF scenario, I don't think it matters what color your firearm is. All those bright color schemes can be redone in less conspicuous colors quickly, should the need arise.

However, I am highly allergic to pink anything. :p

NY2AZ

imported post

For some, myself included, firearms are not only a self defense issue, but also a hobby. I see nothing wrong with pink accessories, or a pink gun. Hell, I wish I could find a company that sold firearm products catered to the video game geeks like myself. :dude:

As for tactical; I really think tactical is what you make of it. As long as your primary weapon is tactical, you are golden.

By primary weapon I mean your brain of course ;)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jihadthis wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
jihadthis wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

Okay, I guess once the revolution starts in America you can fulfill your dreams of glory by finding yourself in a "tactical" situation........

Anyone with "tactical" experience knows that any weapon, Gun/knife/rock/hand/etc, properly applied, regardless of color, will take you out.

If I am stupid enough to use a BRIGHT pink weapon to try to gain "tactical" advantage then yes I will probably be taken out first. Where the heck in this thread was it ever mentioned that someone was trying to get tactical advantage? Start a new thread about how to have the tactical advantage if that is what consumes your thought process

In any scenario it will not matter what the color of the weapon is.

I hope your last words are not "oh ha ha they have a pink gun, but I have the TACTICAL advantage"

Go do a few patrols outside the wire and talk to me about "tactical"
I certainly would not do patrols outside the wire with a pink rifle, but I guess it sounds like you would be ok with it... Did my share of guard duty in the ARMY back in the early 90's.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

guess, I will be building me another AR ..when it's done, gonna have to duracoat it PINK, my sister is gonna being having a daughter in May ...it's gonna be her Birthday gift. the only new born in America with a Pink AR15 & 12 pink PMAGS:)

The Wolfhound

imported post

I bought my teenage daughter a pink .22 rifle (CZ). The local gunshop guys got a good laugh about it until the proof target came out of the package.The 3 shot 50 meter group disappearedunder a dime. Then it was suddenly "Golly that is a damn fine rifle you got there".