• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

La Crosse Gun show this weekend

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We will be at the La Crosse gun show this weekend with pamphlets and information.

Friday 5-9PM

Saturday 9AM - 5PM

Sunday 9AM - 3PM

at the La Crosse Center

Look forward to seeing you there.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I planned on at least going there this weekend and looking around. Probably won't be buying anything though :(

Anyways, do you know if it will be OK to OC there? Or will they make you unload the weapon and something stupid?

I haven't carried since I've had to wear a jacket as my holster sits too high and my coat doesn't really fit behind it. So maybe if I plan on walking around a while I'll just wear a sweatshirt and brave the cold weather to and from my car.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is a BOB & ROCCO gun show. I thought there were posts here on OCDO about the "Wisconsin Patriots" carrying at a Bob & Rocco show in the past, but we don't know if they will allow OC at this point.

The La Crosse center is a government building, but they MUST have gotten some kind of permission/exemption because you can walk in to the building with a firearm. I have an email in to them, and I will update when I know more.

Serpent

imported post

As far as I know, you can't carry in there. All guns have to be checked in at the door and they will put a zip tie through the action.
I'll be bringing a couple. One para 1445 to sell or trade (all tricked out for competition, which I don't do) if anyone is interested pm me.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Yah you can carry, but your weapon must be unloaded with a zip tie through the mag well or cylinder.

I'll be there... I'm looking for a couple of speedloaders with belt pouches for my new rig, a S&W 629 in 44 mag. Its perfect for open carry... a western style leather drop rig which is not as scary looking as a mil-spec thigh holster and yet my coat doesn't cover it.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We were DENIED ENTRY!

Apparently Bob doesn't read his emails. To quote Bob, "we just throw them away."

He also doesn't listen to or return his voice messages either.

In past years it was possible to have a table outside the show, but Bob didn't offer this option to us either.

Very unfortunate.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
We were DENIED ENTRY!

Apparently Bob doesn't read his emails. To quote Bob, "we just throw them away."

He also doesn't listen to or return his voice messages either.

In past years it was possible to have a table outside the show, but Bob didn't offer this option to us either.

Very unfortunate.
Well...so much for that.

Well if I go to the show I'll have to make sure not to buy anything. Can't support people who don't support our rights.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Logan:

If you go, and pay the entry fee, you WILL be supporting Bob. It isn't the dealers, but the organizer I take issue with.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Logan:

If you go, and pay the entry fee, you WILL be supporting Bob. It isn't the dealers, but the organizer I take issue with.
I forgot about the entrance fee. I've only ever been to like 1 gun show. I can keep busy this weekend doing other things anyhow. Might be too cold to want to leave my apartment all weekend!