• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5th Monthly Meetup - SoCal UOC Event

coolusername2007

imported post

The 5th MonthlyUOC Meetup insouthern Cal will be on Saturday, January 16th, at 11AM in Temecula.

Let's plan on meeting up near the Swing Inn Cafe on the corner of Front Street and 3rd. There's more parking in the back on 3rd than our last meetup location.

Feel free to chime in if you plan on attending.

FYI...no other LEA notifications of this event will be made.

wewd

imported post

We had a really great meet last October here. Lots of positive comments and inquiries from the locals, nothing negative that I personally saw, and no encounters with the local PD. They were notified in advance, but as with every meet that we have organized, they were already aware of it before the call. (hint: LE monitor this site. A lot.)

Before anyone asks: No, there are no K-12 schools located near the Old Town area. It is free of all GFZs. Location is toward the southern end of Old Town. See you all there.

coolusername2007

imported post

wewd wrote:
Before anyone asks: No, there are no K-12 schools located near the Old Town area. It is free of all GFZs. Location is toward the southern end of Old Town. See you all there.
Stay north of 2nd St. The intersection of Front and 2nd St comes close to a GFSZ, other than that all of Old Town is a green light.

wewd

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
wewd wrote:
Stay north of 2nd St.  The intersection of Front and 2nd St comes close to a GFSZ, other than that all of Old Town is a green light.

If you are referring to "Hillcrest Academy" that property is well away from all of the Old Town area. The zone barely touches the intersection of 1st & Front. Remember that the Catholic Church doesn't have a school.

coolusername2007

imported post

wewd wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
wewd wrote:
Stay north of 2nd St. The intersection of Front and 2nd St comes close to a GFSZ, other than that all of Old Town is a green light.

If you are referring to "Hillcrest Academy" that property is well away from all of the Old Town area. The zone barely touches the intersection of 1st & Front. Remember that the Catholic Church doesn't have a school.

Yeah, well I kind of padded my measurements because it was not clear to me where the Hillcrest property ended. But its all kind of moot anyway because there's nothing interesting south of 2nd St anyway.

chewy352

imported post

What do you mean cool? The stampede is always a good place to see marines get their a$$es kicked by bouncers.

chewy352

imported post

I think the wife and I are going to have plans up their after. Thanks anyways Leo.

Oh BTW cool, we will be there possibly with a friendly witness as well.

demnogis

imported post

Good choice of location!

Riverside County is not Anti-RKBA like LA and (some) of Orange counties.

Will try to make it. If anyone wants to carpool from Orange County, please PM me.

wewd

imported post

There are K-12 schools to the southeast, but they are well out of the 1,000 foot limit. There is a preschool and a day care at Old Town, but those places do not have GFZs. The GFZ in 626.9 only applies to K-12 schools.

This location is well-researched and this is not our first meetup here.