• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5th Monthly Meetup - SoCal UOC Event

Gundude

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Another great meetup! It was great meeting everyone for another fun time time in old town Temecula. Great weather, good food and good times.

There was about 16 people who attended, with all but about three open carrying. We met a lot of nice people who asked a lot of questions, many brochures were handed out and everyone was fully supportive of our efforts.
And Chewy didn't wear his banana suit. :cry:

Gundude

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
I have a couple of snaps on my cell phone, but I need a usb cord to download them. It's on my list. A good excuse to UOC at Best Buy or the phone store.

Palecon

imported post

My first outing!

Thx for warm welcome. Good people, good fun and spreading a very important message. No hassles, nice and easy. Looking forward to next meetup, Old Town Pas sounds great if we can work that out. It it goes half as well as today it will beanother successful meet.

Enjoy rest of weekend...p

demnogis

imported post

Had a really good time! No cops showed... i think we're losing our edge. I thought they were supposed to respond in force? Oh wait, Riverside County respects peoples' rights.

Gundude

imported post

I offered to call LE, but everyone poo poo'ed my idea. So, I'm still anxiously awaiting my first (e) check.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

demnogis wrote:
No cops showed...
Wait. So youre saying you and your cohorts went openly armedto restaurant that is open to the public with people all around and no cops showed up? Someone must have called 911, right? People scattering, knocking each other over, running for the door,-- diving for safety?
i think we're losing our edge.
Yes. According to the perceptions of some newer posters here, your results indicate that you are doing it completely wrong.

wewd

imported post

We only had one encounter with someone who was nervous about us being armed, but after we had a nice Q&A session with her where we discussed our motives and our characters, she seemed to be more at ease. She related a story about her father sitting in his armchair with a loaded revolver on his lap while he (quite heavily) sipped his whiskey. One could be forgiven for being apprehensive around armed individuals when one has experiences such as those.

chewy352

imported post

Sorry it took so long for me to respond but I was out of town after the meet.

I talked with the owner of Swing Inn Cafe quite a bit and she was very happy to have us and looks forward to seeing us again.

wewd

imported post

Not many businesses can afford to turn away 16+ paying guests in this economy. I noticed a few wide eyes from some of the other patrons when we all walked in, but nobody seemed to rush through their meal faster than usual. Still waiting for one of the fabled "freak-outs", but no dice. Suffice it to say, there was no safer place in town to have lunch on that Saturday.

I had a brief chat with an older couple who were sitting behind me, and the gentleman asked if he could have one of our brochures. They were both very supportive. That has been the typical kind of response from the locals in Temecula, since the area is notably conservative and Republican, as well as being full of active and retired military.

We'll be stopping by the Swing Inn Cafe again when we have another meet in Old Town later in the year. The food is good and the company is even better.

inbox485

imported post

Gundude wrote:
I offered to call LE, but everyone poo poo'ed my idea. So, I'm still anxiously awaiting my first (e) check.

I haven't had a chance to feel out the cops in Hemet, but the cops in Temecula couldn't care less who carries within the confines of the law. A fair amount of riverside county LEO's are very pro 2A, and with few exceptions LEO's around here are quite decent.