Thread: can't exactly OC this but...... new toy!

Post imported post

I treated myself to a new rifle as a Christmas present to myself this year. This is a budget build so the hardcore benchresters/snipers/varminters will likely be unimpressed. The goal was to have a rifle capable of 1,000 yards for under $1,500. After lots of googling and reading reviews and what not this is what i came up with

Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308 26" varmint contour barrel (same barreled action as the 700P)

Choate Ultimate Varmint Stock with aluminum bedding block

Millett LRS-1 6-25x56mm with illuminated mil-dot/bar reticle, side focus, target turrets and .1 mil click adjustments, and knobs resettable to zero

Burris XTR two peice picatinny bases

TPS steel 35mm rings

Harris bipod 9-13 inch with notched legs.

so here's the pics:

i had to break out the rat tail file and relieve the bottom part of the grip so my fat mits could fit in there:

my little helper in the background

this should be a great starter package for my intro to long range shooting and the rem 700 action is a great base for a custom rifle later on. this is all common stuff that i got at the local gun shop and from Midway, combatstocks.com etc. nothing custom or special order. i don't think Blade-Tech makes a drop leg holser for this model. :P

range day is the 17th. can't wait 'til then!

Bobby

Post imported post

What do you mean you can't OC this?
    This is what WA ceasefire says you only need (for the time being)! A hunting rifle!! You don't need an AR15!

Because the way they talk, 2A is about hunting privileges!

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Post imported post

I also have a 1000 yard rifle. Took 2nd place in the Oregon State Championships with it in 2004. 1885 Winchester 40-65 black powder cartridge. 425 gr bullet. If you think Black Powder will not do 1000, have I got a surprise for you.

Post imported post

Bobarino, that rifle is black and scary. And at 200 rounds per minute at 1000 yrds......sorry, still miffed. I really like your setup!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    I also have a 1000 yard rifle. Took 2nd place in the Oregon State Championships with it in 2004. 1885 Winchester 40-65 black powder cartridge. 425 gr bullet. If you think Black Powder will not do 1000, have I got a surprise for you.
    Hey Quiggley!:celebrate
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Trigger Dr. LOVE IT!!!!!!

Post imported post

This is my "Quigley" rifle. Shiloh Sharps #3 Sporter 45/70

Post imported post

That's a nice Rem 700. I might pick one of those up for my bolt-action.

And that 45/70 is a GREAT rifle. A buddy of mine has one of those. Real fun.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

thanks i found a killer deal on an SKB case, bought some foam and made a nifty little kit for it and my AR.

this is the AR in the case

had some foam left over so i did a briefcase with a false bottom for the Sub2000 and the H&K

Post imported post

Now I call that class.