• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Company security policies

simmonsjoe

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
It does violate preemption. I drove a cab in Richmond for about 6 months and I carried every day. Driving a cab you come in contact with some crazy people.
Boy howdy. I got some stories and I bet you do too. But I got about 15 years worth.
I guess you do! Best I had was in the cab line in front of the Greyhound station on Boulevard in Richmond. I saw a guy, he started off talking to himself quietly(not that unusual), then got louder, and louder. Then he started yelling and screaming. Then he got up and started throwing punches with his imaginary friend. He was running all over the place, hitting and getting hit. He'd get knocked down, get back up and knock his imaginary friend down. Then he ran out in front of one of the Greyhound Buses and got hit! He got back up and continued fighting for another 10 minutes.(Bus driver drove off) At one point his imaginary friend threw him across the hood of my crown vic! Overall it lasted 20 minutes. It was awesome. Want to know the best part? His imaginary friend KICKED HIS ASS. BAD. He was on the ground begging for his imaginary friend to stop kicking the @#$% out of him. I about died laughing. I mean, how bad is your self esteem that you can't even beat your imaginary friend?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I would never work somewhere without a gun. If it were not permitted, I would conceal it while looking for another job.

If making money is more important than your safety and life, than wouldnt it just be easier to rob a bank or something?

Gilly

imported post

PeteXD wrote:
Nice response. I work on a federal installation so no guns for me. I do wear one at work though as it's part of my job. :-D
Same here. I am required to leave my pistolat home but once I get to work they hand me a weapon. I would like to see the base establish a system to allow people that carry to store their weapons in a secure area while on base.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gilly wrote:
PeteXD wrote:
Nice response. I work on a federal installation so no guns for me. I do wear one at work though as it's part of my job. :-D
Same here. I am required to leave my pistolat home but once I get to work they hand me a weapon. I would like to see the base establish a system to allow people that carry to store their weapons in a secure area while on base.
They have one - it's called the armory. Several times while on extended TDY, I've checked my guns into the armory, and checked them out to go shooting. For those who live on base, they simply keep them at home.

So long as bases are "closed" to non-military, I don't mind this. For bases which are open to outsiders, I do not agree with this policy.

sovereigngrace

imported post

I work on a press in small printing company.
Our plant is right next to a known drug house. a few years ago there was a big bust on that house there were flash bangs going off and everything it was pretty crazy.
Anyway we have had some problems every once in a while.

Although I don't carry myself, the guy I work with Carries a S&W Semi, And I know of two or three other that CC.
Although we are posted circle slash. My granddad Runs the company :monkey
And everyone there is either related or has known each other for 20 years+
so there really isn't a problem with carrying.
I love my job and hope I never have to go to work for a big faceless corporation.

sovereigngrace

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
crisisweasel wrote:
I open carry in my workplace, in violation of my company's strict anti-gun policy.

I'll leave it to everyone's imagination how I get away with this.

You work for your spouse's home based business?

LOL

Wife: "Your fired if you don't put that thing away!!!!"
Husband: ":cry: Y..ye..yes ma'am, S..Sorry Ma'am