• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming home to wisconsin (returning from iraq)

scorpio_vette

imported post

recklessdriver wrote:
if i sound over zealous then try not having a firearm on you at all times.  I been adjusted to having my m4 straped to me for 14 to 15 months.  I dont like not having a weapons near me.  I do feel safer having it on me or at least in not allowed setting a spot where i can go to and get it if need be.

Thanks for the information and laws.. i been trying to sort through the garbage we have been hearing about what you can and can't do.  

Dousman area.

sorry didn't mean to sound rude or insulting. i had actually thought about that, but neglected to mention it. i do understand where you are coming from having been there. unfortunately the problem is that i don't think using that as an excuse here is going to fly.

hey i'm not against you..........just don't wanna see you get in trouble with some dumb LEO's right after getting back from hell.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

recklessdriver wrote:
Yes it is... last few days left on this crappy place and we are gone.
Good luck and be careful! The last days are just as deadly as the first days.

I used to tell my guys to be sure and keep a short-timer's calendar journal because just a few days out and all you'll remember, and miss, are the good parts, the camaraderie and personal successes.

It took me years to remember the sweaty anxiety of the 'fish in the water' alarm or 'rig for collision'.

comp45acp

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
It's K - 12 Schools ( public & private ) , Federal building, court houses, police stations,bars & places that serve alcohol. and must be cased when in your vehicle.
otherwise enjoy & THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE !!!!

You may carry in places that serve alcohol if you get permission from the owner or manager. Make sure you get that in writing or recorded. Several of us have done this without incident.

bigdaddy1

imported post

comp45acp wrote:
You may carry in places that serve alcohol if you get permission from the owner or manager. Make sure you get that in writing or recorded. Several of us have done this without incident.
Do you have anything (case law) to show this????

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
Never heard of that one...

comp45acp

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

logan wrote:
comp45acp wrote:
me either, thats a new one to me. state law is state law a business person has no authority to circumvent it.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I think you are misinterpreting this law.

[align=left](cm) A private security person meeting all of the following criteria:[/align]

[align=left]1. The private security person is covered by a license or permit[/align]

[align=left]issued under s. 440.26.[/align]

[align=left]2. The private security person is going armed in the line of[/align]

[align=left]duty.[/align]

[align=left]3. The private security person is acting with the consent of the[/align]

[align=left]person specified in par. (d).[/align]

[align=left](d) The licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any[/align]

[align=left]employee or agent authorized to possess a handgun by the[/align]
licensee, owner, or manager of the premises

Looks like you have to be a license security person in the line of duty (employee?) Not just Nigel from the pub. You have to take the WHOLE law in verbatim.

comp45acp

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
logan wrote:
comp45acp wrote:
me either, thats a new one to me. state law is state law a business person has no authority to circumvent it.

Glock, please explain. Are you saying that a business that serves alcohol can not give me permission to enter with my sidearm? If so, you have not read the law. It is very clear.

comp45acp

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:

[align=left](cm) A private security person meeting all of the following criteria:[/align]

[align=left]1. The private security person is covered by a license or permit[/align]

[align=left]2. The private security person is going armed in the line of[/align]

[align=left]3. The private security person is acting with the consent of the[/align]

Looks like you have to be a license security person in the line of duty (employee?)  Not just Nigel from the pub.  You have to take the WHOLE law in verbatim.

You are reading the wrong Subsection. Go read the correct one.

comp45acp

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:

Looks like you have to be a license security person in the line of duty (employee?)  Not just Nigel from the pub.  You have to take the WHOLE law in verbatim.

Read paragraph g(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following: (a) A peace officer. (b) Acorrectionalofficerwhilegoingarmedinthelineofduty. (c) AmemberoftheU.S.armedforcesornationalguardwhile
going armed in the line of duty. (cm) A private security person meeting all of the following cri-
teria: 1. The private security person is covered by a license or per-
mit issued under s. 440.26. 2. The private security person is going armed in the line of
duty. 3. The private security person is acting with the consent of the
person specified in par. (d). (d) The licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any
employee or agent authorized to possess a handgun by the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.
(e) The possession of a handgun that is unloaded and encased in a vehicle in any parking lot area.
(f) The possession or use of a handgun at a public or private gun or sportsmen’s range or club.
(g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:
comp45acp wrote:
Do you have anything (case law) to show this????

No case law, just the law. 941.237 Subsection 3 (g).
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/statutes/Stat0941.pdf
I believe that the following is the relevant language:

"941.237 Carrying handgun where alcohol beverages
may be sold and consumed.

(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any
premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has
been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:

(d) The licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any
employee or agent authorized to possess a handgun by the
licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.

(g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if
authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or
manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B”
license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.
"

It looks like "d" would also allow open carry.

Dave

bigdaddy1

imported post

[align=left](g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if[/align]

[align=left]authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or[/align]

[align=left]manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B”[/align]
license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises

I dont know if this would work, I will hope it does. Opens up more doors. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

941.237 (3) (d) Says that the following people can go armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has been issued under ch. 125:
  1. The licensee
  2. The owner
  3. The manager
  4. Any employee authorized to possess a handgun by the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.
  5. Any agent authorized to possess a handgun by the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.
941.237 (3) (d) States that it is not a Class A misdemeanor to possess or use a handgun on the premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.

Dave

recklessdriver

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
recklessdriver wrote:
Yes it is... last few days left on this crappy place and we are gone.
Good luck and be careful! The last days are just as deadly as the first days.

I used to tell my guys to be sure and keep a short-timer's calendar journal because just a few days out and all you'll remember, and miss, are the good parts, the camaraderie and personal successes.

It took me years to remember the sweaty anxiety of the 'fish in the water' alarm or 'rig for collision'.

ya its true, its not a exuess (for the other guy) i am open carrying to defend myself and my wife and child. I refuse to be a victim of anything that i can prevent. Hell i am going to school for Police science and hoping that i cna get in.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
It's K - 12 Schools ( public & private ) , Federal building, court houses, police stations,bars & places that serve alcohol. and must be cased when in your vehicle.
Actually, grades 1 through 12. Not kindergarten.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Actually, grades 1 through 12. Not kindergarten.
most elementary schools are something like k -5 grades, so I will not carry near all of them just to be safe.

comp45acp

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:

[align=left](g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if[/align]

[align=left]authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or[/align]

[align=left]manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B”[/align]
license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises

I dont know if this would work, I will hope it does. Opens up more doors.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

It does work. Dinner with your wife is an event of limited duration. You need to get permission each time you go to that establishment.

recklessdriver

imported post

If i wear a jacket it should be short enough that it doesn't cover the pistol correct ? (i looked and didn't see to much.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

recklessdriver wrote:
If i wear a jacket it should be short enough that it doesn't cover the pistol correct ? (i looked and didn't see to much.
That is correct, DON'T cover it as then LEO can call it concealed and "concealed" is a NO-NO in Wisconsin.