• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scarry Information

jarhead1911A

imported post

BOTH of you knock it off or i will put you in in a corner without any ice cream

You both have the right to be stubburn and keep your opinions to yourself :banghead:

Squeak

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
BOTH of you knock it off or i will put you in in a corner without any ice cream

You both have the right to be stubburn and keep your opinions to yourself :banghead:
O.K. NOW can I have ice cream?:celebrateYer a bully

DEROS72

imported post

I will say only this and then I'm finished with this.I would never bother anyone unless my rights and America are threatened.I consider THe UN one of the most dangerous entities on the planet and a danger to America.If We and our rights are left alone I have no issue, they can spout off all they want.If there were an effort put forth by these entities to disarm and try to put us under UNmandate I would use my second ammendment to protect my second ammendment along with all the others. As I would also expect no less from anyone here .I would consider UN tropps here an invaision by a hostile foriegn force and defend my self and home accordingly and dispatch anyone trying to assault my home ,and the Constitution of the United States, and the rights our founders saw fit to protect.They did not negotiate with the British they did infact dispatch them where ever possible untill they went home.Except in Vietnam (we didn't read the VC their miranda rights we killed them)I have never harmed anyone nor will I ever unless my country and rights are at risk.I have worked for almost 40 years forced into early retirement by 4 heart attacks ,never been in trouble, always tried to help out where I can. But when some one overseas is trying to tell us what our rights are going to be .....NOT HAPPENING!

mem1977

The day the United States government tries to take my right to bear arms away. Is the day I head to the battle fields of the United States to fight to keep my rights.

Don't tread on me you government S.O.B.'s!

Genken

I can't really put my true feelings up here...considering my employer...but lets just say, that would just be opening a massive can of worms that they really don't want to go near.

And I personally believe that an "order" to do anything related to this wouldn't be a truly lawful order.

tombrewster421

I can't really put my true feelings up here...considering my employer...but lets just say, that would just be opening a massive can of worms that they really don't want to go near.

And I personally believe that an "order" to do anything related to this wouldn't be a truly lawful order.

If you were to receive such an order it would be your duty to remind your so called superior of the oath that he took to DEFEND the constitution.

Genken

If you were to receive such an order it would be your duty to remind your so called superior of the oath that he took to DEFEND the constitution.

Of course I would. My apologies in my assumption that was apparent. But anything else I might do I have to refrain of speaking of.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

The part underlined, according to the UCMJ, refers to lawful orders.

Of course, you could also look at it as what was put where in that oath... Constitution first, bearing true faith and allegiance to the Constitution as the second, and THEN goes on to say I will obey lawful orders.

Pretty straightforward, IMHO.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

Of course I would. My apologies in my assumption that was apparent. But anything else I might do I have to refrain of speaking of.

The part underlined, according to the UCMJ, refers to lawful orders.

Of course, you could also look at it as what was put where in that oath... Constitution first, bearing true faith and allegiance to the Constitution as the second, and THEN goes on to say I will obey lawful orders.

Pretty straightforward, IMHO.

Thanks for posting the oath. It will be a handy reference when talking to a public servant.

amzbrady

A few of my concerns with our NEW military. First off thank you to all that have served and this is not directed at anyone specifically, and not all in the military fall under my concern.
There are some Americans who understand the constitution and will die for it. There are some wanna be tough guys just looking to light someone up, and as long as there is not any return fire they will stay tough guys and do not care who they are lighting up, weather it be a terrorist or an American they are told is breaking the law (We saw this in the whole Katrina thing, with the National Guard. I know, it has been fixed with a law), We also have a military that is full of forigners. Who will they fight for when it really comes down to it. What if we went to war with Mexico, china, germany, Africa? Another concern. What is the penalty for disobeying a direct order? There are alot of young kids who joined just for college tuition, who have no idea what America really stands for, they just want to get an IT position with a large corporation so they can design games and would not even blink at an order to fire on Americans. Just my thoughts and opinions I may be way off, but I do think about it.

Genken

amzbrady: I hear you bro. I'm one of the ones that will follow the Constitution before BS. But you're right. I'm leery about those who don't know jack about the Constitution and will follow that kind of BS orders. Of course, I don't mind dealing with those kinds if the need arises....

Tom: No problem. That's the oath all military service personnel take when they join(except for national guard), but I don't know about police officers. Either way, a quick google got me that(I know what I swore to, but to quote it word for word required a google).

amlevin

amzbrady: I hear you bro. I'm one of the ones that will follow the Constitution before BS. But you're right. I'm leery about those who don't know jack about the Constitution and will follow that kind of BS orders. Of course, I don't mind dealing with those kinds if the need arises....

Tom: No problem. That's the oath all military service personnel take when they join(except for national guard), but I don't know about police officers. Either way, a quick google got me that(I know what I swore to, but to quote it word for word required a google).

There are lots of "Guardsmen" that are former active duty military and have taken the "full" oath.

Here is the oath for NG enlistee's:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God."

Still swear to support and defend the Constitution. Adds the Constitution of the State where they are a guardsman and removes reference to UCMJ as guardsmen are only subject to UCMJ if their unit is "federalized".

Last edited: